[APP][May 5 2009][WWE] TouchFlo Detacher 1.0.1.1 FINAL - Another TF3D/Today switcher!

Search This thread

Uracil

Apr 21, 2007
Portland, OR
I'd love to. If somebody can provide window clas/title information (a few posts up) for TF2D, I can add that. I added what i thought it would be in the latest config, but it may not work!
According to df taskManager, the Window for the manila2d.exe process is "Default Ime", which obviously isn't unique. When I get the list of all windows, the one that looks like manila2d is: Window 7C0822C0 "" HTCManila2D (0, 26, 240, 320).

Last edited:

ecard

Sep 6, 2007
When I reset my phone, it does not want to start TouchFlo. It's always stuck at the today screen.

Uracil

Apr 21, 2007
Portland, OR
I tried the .0.0.1 version this evening and it looks much more polished, but I still can't make it work with Manila2D. I get "Unable to find TouchFlo main window handle" after starting the service and running "Hide TouchFlo". My config is: Manila2d, HTCManila2D, menu_worker, \windows\manila2d.exe, manila2d.exe.

I just tried changing the first one back to Manila, but the same problem exists. Where can I definitively find the main window handle for M2D?

Thanks.

fesrts

Sep 22, 2008
Just want to give my THUMBS UP!

I was using SecondToday on my stock ROM HTC TouchPro. Uninstalled it and have Detacher v1.0.0.1 installed. I also have FuzeBerry v7.5CFC installed.

Installation went OK. Detacher started up OK. Soft keys changed was good.

Will continue to test... many Thanks for the effort.

ppch007

Feb 5, 2009
I am not so an top user. I would appreciate it very much, if somebody could line up the whole issue. I would like to have as well an other today screen for some tools, but not leave behind T3D.
Where do I get the newest file to install?
How do I have to proceed during installation?
How do I have to link the different buttons for switching?
(I have a German version of HTC HD)

Thanks a lot for helping to a novice.

goodtech

Aug 15, 2008
Hi! I installed this on my HTC Touch Pro, and it worked perfectly, almost too smooth to be true! Great Job, thanks! I haven't figured out where to find most of the phones functions so that i can assign them to the soft keys yet, but i'm sure they're there somewhere!
Thanks again!

thx1200

Inactive Recognized Developer

thx1200

When Manila is running still home button does nothing!
When Manila is hidden or closed Home takes me to today screen (which is OK).

Hiding problem was solved.

Amir.

Just to confirm, this is on a Touch HD, correct? Does this happen on everybody else's HD? I'm trying to narrow down the issue. If that's the case, I'm not sure of a workaround yet. I'm guessing that TF3D's assignment of the home key is different between the Diamond/Pro and the HD..?

p.s. start a discussion on this issue at codeplex. :)

thx1200

According to df taskManager, the Window for the manila2d.exe process is "Default Ime", which obviously isn't unique. When I get the list of all windows, the one that looks like manila2d is: Window 7C0822C0 "" HTCManila2D (0, 26, 240, 320).

You found it!!! Good job!

I'll add that for 1.0.0.2.

TF2D users: try window class HTCManila2D

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
It is very possible that TF3D on the HD uses a different window title or class. can you (or some other HD user) do the following for me and I can fix this...

1. Download: http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm
2. Run the Task manager app
3. tap+hold on manila.exe (of course, Manila needs to be running)
4. Select the Details option
5. Select the Windows tab
6. There should be an active window that represent's Manila's "main" window. On the Diamond/Pro, this window has the class "Manila" and the title "Start." You can test to see which window is which by tap+hold on the item and select "highlight" which will show you where the window is and what it looks like. Test the active windows (the ones that are not grayed out) until you find the main one (where the highlight goes over the entire TouchFlo UI). When you find this, PM me the CLASS and TITLE. You can find that info by tap+hold and selecting properties.

If you are adventurous, you can go into the TFD config and modify the manila window class and title for TFD to search for. There is a second class, the soft key window, but I have a feeling that didn't change as that is not a custom class, so you can probably leave that alone.

PM Sent with screen shots ;)

letsgoflyers81

Jun 25, 2007
First of all, let me say this is a great app. I was using SecondToday but was having pretty regular problems where my Touch Pro would freeze during startup and several soft resets were required. I don't know if it's because it runs Manila outside of the real Today screen which is the opposite of what SecondToday does or some other reason, but so far this seems much more reliable.

I am having one issue though and I'm curious if anyone else has been able to replicate it. I have the TFD config app set to launch TF3D on start up, however it only loads some of the time. Sometimes the regular Today screen loads and I have to launch TF3D with the softkey. I can tell it's launching for the first time because it takes a few seconds to come up intead of being instant like when unhiding it. I tried adding a shortcut to the Show TouchFlo app to my startup folder but then I'd get an error about not being able to find the service. It just seems strange that it only doesn't launch on startup sometimes, it's not an all or nothing thing.

I'm running a Sprint Touch Pro with Juggalo v0.08B ROM with some other minor TF3D modifications.

dave_a

Feb 24, 2007
Market Harborough
Many thanks for this, just what I need. Got this working perfectly on my HD (Duttys HD v1.7). A donation will be on its way

I assigned the left soft key to TFDHideTF.exe and this works without a problem. I have then have assigned the left soft key on the Today screen to Show TouchFlo. The switch between each works in less than a second :)

thx1200

First of all, let me say this is a great app. I was using SecondToday but was having pretty regular problems where my Touch Pro would freeze during startup and several soft resets were required. I don't know if it's because it runs Manila outside of the real Today screen which is the opposite of what SecondToday does or some other reason, but so far this seems much more reliable.

I am having one issue though and I'm curious if anyone else has been able to replicate it. I have the TFD config app set to launch TF3D on start up, however it only loads some of the time. Sometimes the regular Today screen loads and I have to launch TF3D with the softkey. I can tell it's launching for the first time because it takes a few seconds to come up intead of being instant like when unhiding it. I tried adding a shortcut to the Show TouchFlo app to my startup folder but then I'd get an error about not being able to find the service. It just seems strange that it only doesn't launch on startup sometimes, it's not an all or nothing thing.

I'm running a Sprint Touch Pro with Juggalo v0.08B ROM with some other minor TF3D modifications.

Please submit a ticket on CodePlex (see links at top of thread). I may just need to add a delay between when it runs Manila. It may be trying to launch Manila before some other dependency has finished loading. I don't have this problem on the stock Sprint ROM, but it's an easy thing to add.