[ROM][28/02]Honeyfire Alpha 2

Search This thread

bpye

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Yes, at last it's here. This is a basic port from the honeycomb full SDK and more doesn't work than does work, unfortunately.

What Works:
Touchscreen,
All buttons but home,
Network,
Root,

What Doesn't Work:
Anything that has fragments horizontally, aka the Settings.apk in Honeycomb
Sensors,
Wifi,
Sound,
Camera,
New lockscreen (Reverts to gingerbread style),
New launcher (Reverts to gingerbread style),
New notification bar (Reverts to froyo style),

But hey, it's the first wildfire port and many said it wouldn't happen :p

Screenshots:
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

Changelog:
Alpha 2
  • Fixed Root
  • Changed Settings.apk to Gingerbread version so you can gaze upon SOME data
  • Modified build.prop to be more custom for this ROM
  • Added audio for ringtones etc except they do nothing so far

Alpha 1
  • Initial Release
  • Busybox
  • Root
  • Bootanimation

Thanks to HCDRJacob for all his help including fixes for touchscreen and network and his kernel which this ROM uses.

Poof!
Alpha 2 - Now on mediafire

Last edited:

Sgt-Hartley

Jan 31, 2011
Nice. But I think ill wait for more comparability. I hope the sceptics are proved wrong.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Reactions: billy1billy

-Howard-

Dec 27, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Nice lmao wasnt expecting this to happen, bet it laggy as hell if well, ill see if i can get anything to work tomorrow haha anywsy good job dude :)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

Sgt-Hartley

Jan 31, 2011
I just wish I had enough knowledge on android to contribute but a bit of a novice ATM lol. Shame really would love to help.

-Howard-

Dec 27, 2010
Nottingham, UK
I just wish I had enough knowledge on android to contribute but a bit of a novice ATM lol. Shame really would love to help.

im pretty much a novice only started to get into abit of development about a couple of weeks back, but you never know what you might find ;)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

bpye

Oct 8, 2010
Dropbox is being superslow, will post when the upload is successful

Also , people that say your novices, keep trying, this is my first rom

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Last edited:

bpye

Oct 8, 2010
The rom has landed....I mean uploaded

kevin2516

Sep 1, 2010
Sydney
I wonder if this will ever end up as a fully working rom and as a daily driver :eek:

bpye

Oct 8, 2010
Not as an sdk port but I will attempt a source port when source for honeycomb is released

nhnt11

Sep 16, 2010
Bangalore
Not as an sdk port but I will attempt a source port when source for honeycomb is released

Rather than honeycomb which really won't suit our screen size and doesn't have many worthwhile new features (at least for wildfire), I was thinking of making a proper gingerbread AOSP rom with proper LDPI support.... I have holidays coming up and nothin to do :) It would be a great learning experience too, wanna join in?

OR maybe honeycomb would be fine too :p

Reactions: -Howard-

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Rather than honeycomb which really won't suit our screen size and doesn't have many worthwhile new features (at least for wildfire), I was thinking of making a proper gingerbread AOSP rom with proper LDPI support.... I have holidays coming up and nothin to do :) It would be a great learning experience too, wanna join in?

It is something I have thought of, but, with absolutely zero knowledge, the thought has remained just that, a thought. :p

-Howard-

Dec 27, 2010
Nottingham, UK

I do believe that Warriorvibhu is working on an aosp gingerbread rom but has some issues ;) he could always use help i bet just a thought :)

anyway time to see what this looks like on the phone lmao
/waits for force closes :p

Last edited:

nhnt11

Sep 16, 2010
Bangalore
I do believe that Warriorvibhu is working on an aosp gingerbread rom but has some issues ;) he could always use help i bet just a thought :)

Oh I didn't know. Just saw it in his thread. Maybe I'm a little behind because I don't really look at sense threads :D

Reactions: -Howard-

nunosilva10

Nov 18, 2010
porto
That is a good idea, you can all stick together (devs) and do a different thing from cyanogenmod with gingerbread for exemple :)
Or work together with honeycomb or honeyfire :D

bpye

Oct 8, 2010
I think honeycomb will be fine if modified, fragments need rearranging and such, apps from gingerbread will need to added such as phone but all in all I think it can be successful.

jwils96

Nov 28, 2010
Maryborough

Someone should buy adeadrat a wildfire :)

bpye

Oct 8, 2010
Root is borked in alpha 1, adding some sounds although you can't hear them yet, fixing root, modified build.prop, gingerbread settings so you can see info although it doesn't really work, alpha 2 asap with those changes. Oh and some screenshots on their way. Just got 5 MFLOPS with NO OC.

Last edited:

nunosilva10

Nov 18, 2010
porto
Root is borked in alpha 1, adding some sounds although you can't hear them yet, fixing root, modified build.prop, gingerbread settings so you can see info although it doesn't really work, alpha 2 asap with those changes. Oh and some screenshots on their way. Just got 5 MFLOPS with NO OC.

If you are using the jacob's kernel it comes pre-overclocked with 768 mhz :)

bpye

Oct 8, 2010
I using the one that comes in CM7, if thats pre OC'd then yes and ignore the NO OC, make that full OC :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, at last it's here. This is a basic port from the honeycomb full SDK and more doesn't work than does work, unfortunately.

What Works:
    Touchscreen,
    All buttons but home,
    Network,
    Root,

What Doesn't Work:
    Anything that has fragments horizontally, aka the Settings.apk in Honeycomb
    Sensors,
    Wifi,
    Sound,
    Camera,
    New lockscreen (Reverts to gingerbread style),
    New launcher (Reverts to gingerbread style),
    New notification bar (Reverts to froyo style),

But hey, it's the first wildfire port and many said it wouldn't happen :p

Screenshots:
    1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

Changelog:
    Alpha 2
    • Fixed Root
    • Changed Settings.apk to Gingerbread version so you can gaze upon SOME data
    • Modified build.prop to be more custom for this ROM
    • Added audio for ringtones etc except they do nothing so far

Alpha 1
    • Initial Release
    • Busybox
    • Root
    • Bootanimation

Thanks to HCDRJacob for all his help including fixes for touchscreen and network and his kernel which this ROM uses.

Poof!
    Alpha 2 - Now on mediafire
    Well, I'm setting up my build enviroment now ready, once source is released I'll be on it. Still no joy with settings.
    Nice. But I think ill wait for more comparability. I hope the sceptics are proved wrong.

Oh I didn't know. Just saw it in his thread. Maybe I'm a little behind because I don't really look at sense threads :D