Screen sensitivity change after ICS?

Search This thread

v35lee

Mar 29, 2010
Has anyone noticed a change in how the touchscreen behaves after installing ICS?

It seems to me that it is biased a little more towards interpreting a touch as swipe or scroll rather than select. For example clicking links in a webpage or tapping icons on the homescreen seem to require a much more deliberate effort to select/open. It's not awful, but I would like to be able to bias it back a little more to selecting rather than swiping.

Is there a setting for this anywhere or an app available that allows adjustment?

gideonrs

Jan 31, 2011
I would to know too.. I hate this.. :D

But it's not just from latest ICS 4.0.3 International, the Beta version also suffer same thing.

Is HC not like this? (I upgraded to 4.0.3 Beta as soon as after bought Mediapad :D )

arkusuma

Nov 6, 2008
Bandung
Yes, I noticed it also. When you turn on Settings - Developer options - Pointer location, it clearly shows how your clicks/dots becomes swipes/lines.

gideonrs

Jan 31, 2011
yes, you're right.. it sometime (most time :D ) cause texting experience not so fluid (letter not appear as it's detected as swipe not click).

Klacik

Aug 26, 2009
got the same thing.. i've changed the launcher, so with the Apex launcher it's not that bad in the homescreens.. when i enabled the option to show "pointer location" i can see the "tap" as a line, or a "swipe" line :\
tried the same on my Galaxy S, and all the "taps" are only a small point.. it's much better than on the MediaPad.. i hope it's just a software issue and it can be solved..

maybe, we could try something like "screen booster" or "touchscreen booster" from the Market (Play)

v35lee

Mar 29, 2010
Erratic screen while charging

The other thing I've noticed after ICS international is that the touchscreen is now erratic while charging and in a case. I believe this is a common problem with capacitive touchscreens, but hadn't noticed it until after flashing ICS. It is not an issue if I remove the pad from the case and hold it in my hand.

Anyone else seen this?