[KERNEL] [TW-AOKP-AOSP-CM9-CM10-PA-MIUI ] ~HydraCore v7~ Mali R3P0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ardicli2000

Sep 30, 2011
OnePlus One
OnePlus 9R
@Madman1209

I am on a stock rom. My battery noramlly drains in two days. Howevet, yesterday it drained in a day. %35 went off during night. :S
But now, everythings has returned normal. It lasts 2 days again.

Which means, it sometimes take 3 days to see battery life consistency. But you are insisting on 30 minutes. Not so realistic, I also believe so.

@Gavin

I kindly, honestly and eagerly ask you to remove custom boot animation support from the kernel.

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
Hi,

dude, chill out! I was just asking a question. If you don't want any questions in your thread maybe you should say so! I was asking politely and calmly if anyone (including you) has a good thought about the perfomrance corresponing to the battery life. You as the developer should know it, you had the kernel for more than 30 minutes didn't you? ;)

I didn't think asking questions to a developer on a forum is not that big a deal... but unfortunately I obviously got it wrong. Pretty sad if the only thing you react positively about is people saying "Awesome, running great" or "super smooth" after the same amount of time (30 minutes) - which should be as nonsensical as asking about battery life following your logic.

But don't worry, won't ask any questions anymore and read silently...

Greetz,
Mad

hahahaha well you really have a bee in you bonnet dont you!

If you would take just a while to actually read back through some of the thread you would find that

a) i respond to logical questions and enquiries
b) other people have reported on battery life on previous versions

But asking a question about battery life just 30 minutes after release? and actually yes I have had it for about 2 hours at that point, but you would never believe anything related about battery life from me would you? not just that but i use the extreme version so I cannot expect very good battery life!

I answered you original question politely, it was yourself that decided to make an issue about my response to you.

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
@Madman1209

I am on a stock rom. My battery noramlly drains in two days. Howevet, yesterday it drained in a day. %35 went off during night. :S
But now, everythings has returned normal. It lasts 2 days again.

Which means, it sometimes take 3 days to see battery life consistency. But you are insisting on 30 minutes. Not so realistic, I also believe so.

@Gavin

I kindly, honestly and eagerly ask you to remove custom boot animation support from the kernel.

ahhhh....i could, but then people would be asking for it back again!
but whats your reason for wanting it removed?

Reactions: victorinoxs

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
Very smooth and fast ROM. Excellent job Gavin!

I don't see SIO scheduler in SetCPU. Default scheduler is is set to deadline.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

defualt scheduler is now Noop
SIO was removed as it caused too much fluctuation in IO speeds (for me at least)

if your using apps like SetCPU to control speeds / governors you might need to reset the governor to Noop in the app :good:

Petercklim

Feb 25, 2010
Installed V3 after loading Snote error and some app not loading up. Reading all the earlier commend on how good V3 are is it just me?????

ardicli2000

Sep 30, 2011
OnePlus One
OnePlus 9R
not sure what you mean?
Even myself could not understand, and therefore edited the post :D

What I mean is :

Before the support:
-please gavin bootanim support x 3 or 5 or 7 times. (yearnings)

After the support:
-it does not boot with custom bootanim x 3 or 5 or 7 times. (complaints)

I hope that if you say "no bootanim support never ever". maybe people will stop talking about it.
This is a performance kernel. You should not waste your time with such things.

All are my humble opinions that how these things are supposed to be.

Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: norrgrd

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
Even myself could not understand, and therefore edited the post :D

What I mea is basically:

Before the support:
-please gavin bootanim support x 3 or 5 or 7 times. (yearnings)

After the support:
-it does not boot with custom bootanim x 3 or 5 or 7 times. (complaints)

I hope that if you say "no bootanim support never ever". maybe people will stop talking about it.
This is a performance kernel. You should not waste your time with such things.

All are my humble opinions that how these things are supposed to be.

Regards.

LOL :p

yes i understand you now.

I will consider it......

blowy666

Nov 18, 2009
Near Braunschweig
I guess the problem with boot animations is NOT the kernel, its the fact that users have wrong "loop settings" into the bootanimation.zip....as already was written a few pages before.

I have edited my zip for example, and have NO probs with a bootloop or so...

But many users are "whining" about bootloops without reading at least the last 5 pages (and I think this should be a MUST.... ^^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hydracore5_banner.jpg

sig.png

dyn.gif

Introducing HydraCore - the first kernel for all ROM types for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000 !​

Q&A THREAD (click here)
    Please refer to this thread only for non-development chat. Failing to do so will result in your post being removed by the moderator constantly monitoring this thread

General Features:
    - Built from latest samsung Note sources
    - Multiboot InitramFS for all rom types
    - Patches for full functionality for all rom types
    - Supports Touchwiz ICS, AOKP, AOSP, CM9 , CM10, JellyBean, ParanoidAndroid, MIUI roms
    - OC/UV version and a Standard frequencies/voltages version
    - Full root
    - Magical elves and wizardry**

Kernel Features
    - Noop scheduler default
    - Tweaked OnDemand governor default
    - Lots of IO tweaks
    - Lots of kernel scheduler tweaks
    - Adjusted all cpu voltage tables (OC kernel only)
    - Realtime cpu temperature, board temperature readouts and VoltGroup information in settings>about>kernel version
    - Optimised VM memory setting
    - Optimised Global block readahead
    - CIFS support with UTF8
    - Voltages and frequencies now in userspace for Voltage Coltrol app / AOKP direct support
    - lots, and lots of other tweaks (see full source)

CWM Features
    - External SD card mount properly within cwm for USB Mass Storage mode / PC connection
    - Select between .dep and .tar backups. TAR backups recommended!
    - Fully working

THIS KERNEL HAS MMC_CAP_ERASE REMOVED AND IS FULLY SAFE FOR ALL WIPES ON ALL ROM TYPES

Kernel Installation
    Install either through CWM or PC/Mobile ODIN in the usual manner. Wiping Cache and Dalvik Cache is unnecessary and wont make any difference. Flash only with 25% or more charge on the phone

Installation routine for the rom of your choice
    - Either flash HydraCore or have a kernel installed with CWM
    - Download your ROM of choice, follow any specific rom installation instructions (in the ROM thread OP) and flash with CWM
    - Flash HydraCore in CWM or with Mobile / PC Odin

Kernel Versions
    There are two versions of this kernel, one with native OC/UV and one with standard (stock) frequencies. If you are new to this kernel, flash the STD (standard) version first, as this will work with all phones.

As you become more experienced, you might want to try the OC/UV kernel, which sets the maximum CPU speed to 1600Mhz and Maximum GPU speed to 400mhz. The OC/UV kernel is undervolted, and in some circumstances can offer significant performance improvements. However, it *may* use more battery and you phone will get a little warmer.

CPU Frequencys and how they are used
    Not all apps/games force the CPU to ramp up to the highest frequency (1.4 or 1.6 GHz, depending on the kernel variant you flashed). For example, while playing Temple Run, Coin Dozer and Mutant Roadkill, the CPU will mostly stay at 600 / 800 MHz. Even while playing intensive games like Pocket Legends, the CPU will stay at 600 / 800 MHz most of the time, with the CPU ramping all the way up to the maximum frequency only when very intensive graphics occur, which is like 20% of the time.

Downloads:

STANDARD Kernel (no OC)

v7 CWM Zip - http://hecubus.com/xda/kernel/HydraCore/GL_HYDRACORE_v7_STD.zip

OC/UV kernel (with overclock / undervolt)

v7 CWM Zip - http://hecubus.com/xda/kernel/HydraCore/GL_HYDRACORE_v7_OC.zip

Known Issues
    - Button Backlights in TouchWiz ROMS
    Setting the "Touch key light duration" to "Always Off / Always On" will not behave as such. The touch keys will light up and stay like that for up to three seconds if touched directly. Touching / unlocking the screen will not cause them to light up. On non-TouchWiz ROMs, this behavior has not been detected.

REPORTING BUGS
    When reporting a bug, please provide the following information

- The ROM you are using
    - The kernel version (oc / std)
    - Your phones voltage group (settings > about > kernel information)

Failing to provide this information will result in your post most likely being ignored - remember we cannot help you if you cannot provide us with information we need

Other information, history and for German speakers
    You can find the complete history of this kernel, with all older changelogs and news, all translated into German by our friend Atonal at this link. You will also find a complete download set of all versions of my kernels at the same place! brilliant :)

http://www.pocketpc.ch/showthread.php?p=1454836

Changelog

v7 Hydra Core
    - Based off official CM10 kernel source, with MALI R3P0 drivers
    - Included mali driver files for TW roms in ZIP kernels only
    - Increased free memory for all roms, around 873mb available for the android system
    - Fixed TW button lights
    - Fixed TW vibration intensity
    - Fixed AOSP user selectable vibration intensity
    - Removed all non-standard cpu governors

v5.4 Hydra Core
    - Some IO changes
    - Compiler flag changes
    - Switched Toolchain
    - Some small fixes and changes

v5.3 HydraCore
    - Dropped new source while i investigate camera
    - Fixed video camera
    - Fixed Microphone
    - All other fixes and improvements from 5.1

v5.1 HydraCore
    - Updated to latest Note 2 N7100 official kernel source, 3.0.31
    - Bluetooth fixes for non TW roms
    - USB fixes for non TW roms
    - lots of things i cannot remember!

v4.3b HydraCore
    - Fixed ROOT

v4.3 HydraCore
    - USB driver changes (again!)
    - Some performance improvements in initramFS
    - JellyBean initialisation file changes

v4.2 HydraCore
    - Fixed TW camera
    - VFS Cache Pressure increased to 30

v4.1 HydraCore
    - Fixed 1080p video playback for non TW roms
    - Some minor memory tweak changes (vfs cache pressure 100 > 15)
    - SWAP support

v4.0 HydraCore
    - Reverted to kernel 3.0.15 for patch compatability and some fixes
    - Completely fixed all bootanimation problems with non TW roms (uses roms own bootanimation binary now) - will fix never ending bootanimations, bootloops and long delays
    - Fixed bootsound on TW roms
    - Changes to initramfs, cleanup
    - VM settings changed
    - Some USB driver changes for better compatability
    - Reverted to MDNIE from speedmod k3-9
    - stuff i have forgotten

v3.5 HydraCore
    - Rebuilt from scratch
    - Addressed lag problems
    - Voltage Control apps / AOKP built in "performance" tab now fully working
    - Android logger built in (not a module any more)
    - Fixed Button lights in non TW roms
    - Removed all undervolting from STD kernel - now completely stock frequencies and voltages
    - OC kernel min GPU now set to 267mhz @ 925mv (barely more than old kernels @ 160mhz)
    - Re added all standard kernel debugging for full application support (logging is not used by the kernel but is available for apps, particurlarly debugfs)
    - Updates to hardcore's k3-11 MDNIE settings
    - SLQB allocator

v3.1b HydraCore
    - Fixed bluetooth for TW roms

v3.1 HydraCore
    - Updated to SuperSU and binary from chainfire for rooting / superuser
    - Cleaned up the initramfs
    - Changed bootanimation binaries (now working properly on JB)
    - Compile tweaks
    - Some minor fixes

v3 HydraCore
    - Fixed the data corruption issue
    - Reimplemented fget_light() ( fsync() )
    - Fixed MTP for CM10 nightlies, and probably for everything else (with both SD cards mounted properly)
    - Fixed weird bootanimation behavior
    - Switched to preferred toolchain - codesourcery 2012.03
    - Personally tested on TW, AOKP, CM10 preview and TW
    - 1 extra magical elf per kernel

v2b HydraCore
    - Fixed autorotation

v2 HydraCore
    - Patchups to kernel 3.0.36
    - Full USB driver patches
    - Reverted to SLUB heap allocator
    - Reinstated semi-touch CWM
    - Better bootanimation support
    - Added J4FS driver for better AOSP / CM compatability

v1 HydraCore
    - First general release

Kernel Kitchen, Full Source code and GPL:
    Basically i can't be bothered with GitHub so I make my entire build directory, build scripts and initramfs available in one complete package. This is compliant with the GPL licence.

You can unpack the package to any folder anywhere on your system. You will need a cross compiler toolchain installed, and set the Makefile in source/Makefile point to the cross compiler location. Codesourcery's arm-none-linux-gnueabi 2012/03 release is recommended.

Read the README-INSTRUCTIONS file, and from a root terminal, run the menu.sh script. The rest is obvious :good:

The source packages contain the following

- Kernel kitchen
    - Unmodified reference source
    - Modified files directory
    - Working source directory
    - a .patch which you can use to patch any other sources with (includes ALL changes)
    - Initramfs

Kernel kitchen source package FTP directory and downloads -
    http://hecubus.com/filelist.php?dir=xda/ksource

USER BANNER FOR NOTECORE KERNEL
    sig.png

add the following code to your signature!
    Code:
    http://hecubus.com/xda/sig.png

Credits and thanks:
    Samsung
    Hardcore
    Funky81
    Francisco
    Chainfire (for his patched CWM recovery)
    entropy
    HomuHomu
    gokhanmoral of siyahkernel for the multiboot initramfs system and some kernel patches, including the USB driver changes
    Antiochasylum
    betoNL
    All my friends, followers and supporters

A massive thankyou to Kelinger for providing a proper FTP file host! you da man!
    A massive thankyou to Nazar78 for his special custom bootanimation support code!
    A HUGE thankyou to PHJZ for making the voltage table detection patch :good:

DONATIONS

Donations are gratefully accepted but never requested!

you can make donations to me HERE

BETA TEAM ONLY
    Current version - none released

DISCLAIMER
    By flashing any custom kernel you understand the risks involved. As with any flash, there is always a small risk that something could go wrong and/or data loss. I am in no way responsible for any damages, loss of data, brickage, loss of work or any other loss associated with any faults due to the installation of this software.

**magical elves were harmed in the making of this kernel**
    HOLY COWBAGS BATMAN !!!!

So, during my experimenting, not only have i implemented R3P0 mali drivers sucessfully :D

BUT IT WILL ALSO WORK FOR TW ROMS AS WELL NOW!

yeah baby yeah!

This means....im not quite gone yet, ill maintain the kernel until i get my note2 but Hydra is reborn! :D

There is one caveat however - i cannot distrivute the new kernel as ODIN tar's, only ZIPs as I have to replace some system files for the new mali drivers to work on all roms :D

ah, this was just the breakthrough i needed for my confidence :D

I still have some thigns to work on, and once released im no longer going to be doing daily, even weekly updates - they will be as-and-when bugs crop up that need squashing !

This was going to be my final "suprise" for you all but im too excited :D
    i see some more arguments breaking out... this is very disappointing.

Do we really need pages and pages of "i have lag" ? i have already confirmed that I have also seen it. Do some of you think im just ignoring it?

Many of you are making comments / bug reports that often I cannot replicate and / or have not head of from many of the more "regular" members of this thread. If i cant replicate it, and it isnt reported from those people whom i know understand how this whole development thing works then im inclined to disbelieve it.

Let us not forget that all of the JellyBean builds, of any rom type are still not final, heck they arent even RC stage yet. Most of the "issues" some of you are reporting are blatantly ROM issues.

As far as "jellyCore" support - dont forget that i do not compile it from source, im just hacking up a build that Anti very kindly provides for me and sharing it. I dont make it, i dont edit it, i just modify it.

As far as my posting frequency goes, frankly, I have had enough of trying to accomodate everyone. I see the bug reports, and the ones that I can confirm and / or fix I am working on.

I cant be on XDA 24/7 to baby you all through everything, Im 31, have a full time job and a partner, and a dog. Before i was spending too much time on XDA, now im more equally balancing things out.

Frankly it pee's me off immensly seeing the endless debacle of nonsense perpetuating this thread. Thats why im ignoring it most of the time. You know last week I almost packed it in entirely seeing the never ending amount of whining, whinging and frankly disrespectul posts. I do this for free, i rarely get donations, and i spend a LOT of time on all my XDA stuff I could very easily ask mods to close this thread, and all my others and just leave, but I dont out of a sort of loyalty to some of you and the community as a whole.

Anyway, having looked at the sources for the Note2 (that was in Hydra v5 with broken video camera) I think I have found a solution and am testing now. I also think i have fixed lag issues, as well as some other things that were working suboptimally.

/RANT
    Hey everyone I'm starting to feel better now, sorry for my absence !

I been working hard on the new kernel but I'm stuck with a weird problem that as yet I can't seem to figure out. Will keep you all updated soon :)
    YESSSSSSSSS

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i have fixed TW lights! FINALLY! tested myself on stock LR6, Cleanote 6 and my own AOKP build all now works normally!

HURR bloody AAAAHHHHH

:D

ill check out the new mali drivers, but i cant see there being any significant difference in performance - given that a diff comparison between old and new reveals minimal changes. Will look into this!