[Tool]Team Unlimited - Limited QHSUSB_DLOAD fix for One V

Search This thread

globatron

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
We have been informed by a couple of people that people on the HTC One V have been getting stuck in QHSUSB_DLOAD as a result of pressing volume up and power, as well as some people ending up in this state spontaneously.

Please not this is not fix for devices that have ended up in this state as a result of damage to a crtitical partition or component caused by inappropriate flashing, experimentation or device defect. That said, there is no risk in attempting the process on such a device, if there is such an issue it will fail to resurect the device.

This is not an unbricker, just a utility to exit from download mode if there are no real issues with the device.

Download and instructions: http://unlimited.io/one-v-qhsusb_dload-fix/

If you require additional support, please click the link in my signature which will take you to our IRC support channel. Do not send PMs requesting support.

Special thanks to simonsimons34 for testing this for us.

Last edited:

globatron

Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
FAQ
Q: Will there be a windows version?
A: No

Q: Will there be a mac version?

Q: Why do you use IRC for support instead of the forums?
A1: We have hundereds of users of our tools daily, it would be impossible for us to monitor all the related threads for support requests.
A2: IRC is more interactive, what could take hours to resolve in forum posts can be dealt with in minutes on IRC.

Reactions: vj_rock
G

GuestK00293

I have a brick and I tried by seeking help on IRC. I does not work. I am not a n00b and I understand that this takes more iterations. I did something more by looking into source code in gobi loader. Our device shows up as Gobi modem (qualcomm). The tool in this thread sends a byte sequence to request QDL reset and I wanted to know other byte sequences. The gobi loader source code is open and one can find a few other sequences. I modified the gobi-loader to skip the loading part and just send the end of download/finish sequence. Even that did not work. I am taking it to HTC service and see if they can fix it.

I had updated to 2.0.9 and the hboot was updated from 15 to 18 as part of official update. The phone suffered reboots during calls and I restored my CWM backup of modaco Ir2.1 with my kernel.

*The phone that was working fine (with modaco Ir2.1 vanilla and my own kernel built by merging upto v3.0.38) got into the brick state when I did a reboot to clean up RAM.

Overall, I am quite tired of having a truly fragile phone.

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
guys guys this is NOT 100% QHSUSB_DLOAD can happen when some of the blocks have become corrupt on your device...which IS NOT save-able...so if this DOES NOT work it's likely you have corrupt blocks and NEEDS htc to repair for you

Last edited:
Reactions: globatron

dragonslayer198

Jul 9, 2012
My girlfriends One V just went into this mode qhsusb_dload and i pressed both volume buttons and power to reboot same as i do on my sensation somtimes and it wouldnt come back on so i tryed this but it did not work. the phones perfectly working before i pressed power button and volume buttons this is stock device not bootloader unlocked not rooted nothing just plain stock any1 help us ?? NEEDS htc to repair for you

globatron

Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
My girlfriends One V just went into this mode qhsusb_dload and i pressed both volume buttons and power to reboot same as i do on my sensation somtimes and it wouldnt come back on so i tryed this but it did not work. the phones perfectly working before i pressed power button and volume buttons this is stock device not bootloader unlocked not rooted nothing just plain stock any1 help us ?? NEEDS htc to repair for you

Probably, spontaneous entry into download mode is almost always caused by a scenario such as that Lloir outlined, or a hardware fault. This is currently not recoverable without sending to device to HTC for repair.

S

simonsimons34

Guys an entry into download mode that is not sporadic is all that you can recover. I know for a fact holding up key and power corrupts a few partitions on primou. Appears to be firmware of the device to me as the vm one I have did the same thing on power up with up key. I had to get HTC to repair that. But bricking something like hboot then recovering also sticks you in this mode sometimes. That's the case I tested in and it worked great

Sent from my primoc using Tapatalk 2

S

simonsimons34

If its the same issue as the one v there's no harm in trying it

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

mohammad0089

Aug 17, 2012
We have been informed by a couple of people that people on the HTC One V have been getting stuck in QHSUSB_DLOAD as a result of pressing volume up and power, as well as some people ending up in this state spontaneously.

Please not this is not fix for devices that have ended up in this state as a result of damage to a crtitical partition or component caused by inappropriate flashing, experimentation or device defect. That said, there is no risk in attempting the process on such a device, if there is such an issue it will fail to resurect the device.

This is not an unbricker, just a utility to exit from download mode if there are no real issues with the device.

If you require additional support, please click the link in my signature which will take you to our IRC support channel. Do not send PMs requesting support.

so if i use this unbricker, then my issue will be solved? ( pressing volume up + power botton ) wont brick my device anymore? :) currently my phone is working already; i havnt tested that yet ( i just hold power + volume up for a short time )

S

simonsimons34

They finally did a radio update. This no longer creates a situation where PBL needs the reset command sent. I've gathered that from how emmc recovery sends a reset command. Of which its source is on github

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

ManishByatroy

Feb 23, 2015

tried on my one V which is stuck on QDL mode. Doesn't do anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

FAQ
    Q: Will there be a windows version?

Q: Will there be a mac version?

Q: Why do you use IRC for support instead of the forums?
    A1: We have hundereds of users of our tools daily, it would be impossible for us to monitor all the related threads for support requests.
    A2: IRC is more interactive, what could take hours to resolve in forum posts can be dealt with in minutes on IRC.
    guys guys this is NOT 100% QHSUSB_DLOAD can happen when some of the blocks have become corrupt on your device...which IS NOT save-able...so if this DOES NOT work it's likely you have corrupt blocks and NEEDS htc to repair for you