[AOSPA 4.2.2 JDQ39] PARANOIDANDROID 3.1x [beta][08/03/2013]

Search This thread

parkourz

Jul 8, 2011
I've got 4 suggestions (if they're possible to apply):
1) Make statusbar transparent only homescreen (cause when entering apps it get crazy with colours)
2) Add "Hide statusbar" option in lockscreen options
3) Add "Change font colour" option in statusbar options
4) Add "sound" and "mobile network" toggles with few profiles to choose (sound: sound, vibrate, silent, sound+vibrate; and mobile network: Only 2G, 2G+3G, Only 3G)

Sent from USG Ishimura using connection module

Aashuk Mehta

Sep 4, 2012
Mumbai
Redmi Note 10
I've got 4 suggestions (if they're possible to apply):
1) Make statusbar transparent only homescreen (cause when entering apps it get crazy with colours)
2) Add "Hide statusbar" option in lockscreen options
3) Add "Change font colour" option in statusbar options
4) Add "sound" and "mobile network" toggles with few profiles to choose (sound: sound, vibrate, silent, sound+vibrate; and mobile network: Only 2G, 2G+3G, Only 3G)

I don't think 1cebox is interested

please press thanks if I helped you

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
it gets crazy with colors when entering apps because some apps have pre selected colors for statusbar, like settings! if you want transparent bar all over the system choose the same color/transparency to all the apps/system apps. anyway, the transparency has some issues (it doesn't make the statusbar transparent all the way) change font color? i don't think that that's even possible. add toggles.. i've been pissed of people asking for differrent toggles but you have sound toggles already in the power button:).

1ce

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: parkourz

cybervibin

Mar 18, 2012
Pallet town
Samsung Galaxy S10e
it gets crazy with colors when entering apps because some apps have pre selected colors for statusbar, like settings! if you want transparent bar all over the system choose the same color/transparency to all the apps/system apps. anyway, the transparency has some issues (it doesn't make the statusbar transparent all the way) change font color? i don't think that that's even possible. add toggles.. i've been pissed of people asking for differrent toggles but you have sound toggles already in the power button:).

1ce

y u make so many req
firstly this is not a customized rom this is the unofficial pa

Sent from my One V using xda premium

Curiousn00b

you own a cdma hov right? if so, why do you use my rom?:)

Yup.

Its been the most stable JellyBean ROM for me so far. I've been switching between this and random Sense ROMs. I could never stay on one ROM for 2-3 days unless my SD card slot broke. Addicted to flashing. :p

Keep it up Ice :D:thumbup:

Also, a few Paranoid Wallpapers

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357460412748.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357460412748.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 137
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357460441783.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357460441783.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 141
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357460474803.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357460474803.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 138
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357460535984.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357460535984.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: 1ceb0x

cybervibin

Mar 18, 2012
Pallet town
Samsung Galaxy S10e

parkourz

Jul 8, 2011
Can somebody well-informed tell me: is there any chance for "reverse tethering" for CM10?

nawoa

Aug 7, 2010
I've been observing this ROM's steady development for a while. It seems like virtually all of the bugs are fixed now, so am I correct in thinking it's approaching a "stable" release?

One of the earlier ROMs I was using required a custom HBOOT be installed, so now there's always a warning on startup, something like "for internal HTC development use only, distribution may result in our lawyers sticking a cactus up your butt." Is it still necessary or recommended that I use this HBOOT for this ROM? If not, can someone please explain to me how to safely revert?

parkourz

Jul 8, 2011
first, your in the pa threads lol. its ok though, pa is based off of cm10.

second, something like this help? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1371345

No, I'm talking about one option, the only useful in sense ROMs: you connect your HOV to PC by cable and choose option (don't remember its name) and you're using your PC internet in your HOV, without playing with windows or HOV settings and using any apps

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
I don't think cm10 ROMs support that without apps. I didn't even know sense ROMs could do that.

I think aash above me is right, less hassle to just get a WiFi router or data plan.

Sent from my One V using xda app-developers app

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
I've been observing this ROM's steady development for a while. It seems like virtually all of the bugs are fixed now, so am I correct in thinking it's approaching a "stable" release?

One of the earlier ROMs I was using required a custom HBOOT be installed, so now there's always a warning on startup, something like "for internal HTC development use only, distribution may result in our lawyers sticking a cactus up your butt." Is it still necessary or recommended that I use this HBOOT for this ROM? If not, can someone please explain to me how to safely revert?

that error is a custom one and it is basically the same that is present on any unlocked bootloader. regarding pa, you don't need any custom bootloader installed. i am having the firsts bootloader versions and i am still able to flash pa on my hov:)

this will be out of beta when i am happy with it. so far everything works and it is very stable for daily use but there are always things to be improved:).:sly:

Sent from my ass

Aashuk Mehta

Sep 4, 2012
Mumbai
Redmi Note 10
that error is a custom one and it is basically the same that is present on any unlocked bootloader. regarding pa, you don't need any custom bootloader installed. i am having the firsts bootloader versions and i am still able to flash pa on my hov:)

this will be out of beta when i am happy with it. so far everything works and it is very stable for daily use but there are always things to be improved:).:sly:

Sent from my ass

We as users would like to know about the things to be improved in pa and cm10

please press thanks if I helped you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nexus-4-flats_1bqyg7.png

(sorry, no one v photo :D)
    paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

Download ROM: pa_primou-3.10-08MAR2013-121658.zip (137.03 mb)
    Download KERNEL: boot-HELLBOY-42-201302150110.img
    FULL WIPE IS NEEDED IF YOU HAD ANOTHER ROM BEFORE!!
    Put the ROM on your SD CARD
    Boot into recovery
    Flash ROM
    Boot into bootloader
    Flash boot.img
    Install 4.2.2 Gapps: gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

Our webpage: http://www.paranoid-rom.com/
    Themes and other goodies you can find here: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1646034
    Go to Settings -> System -> Font size =>> set it to NORMAL
    Press the PWR button and choose Extend Desktop to get Full screen (hide statusbar)
    FOR GENERAL CHAT ABOUT PA, USE THIS THREAD

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

AOSP, Google
    Evervolv
    Cyanogenmod
    CFX
    D4rKn3sSyS - Java Programmer
    molesarecoming - Software Developer
    giannisgx89
    jaybob413
    aaronpoweruser
    Lloir - for getting me started in making builds from source and teaching me basic git commands.
    Maxwen - for being an awesome guy!
    Me for doing this
    You guys for loving this!
    Everyone who helped me in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

GALLERY;​

mako_5iscid.png

TUTORIAL;​

untitled1unbtd.jpg

BUG LIST:

First build of AOSPA - there are many issues - catch them all (I will go using the principle "No logcat - no issue" from now on.)
    1. Big issue - Camera is not working (for now) - DEAL WITH IT!
    2. Advanced from Settings is force closing - will be fixed in next build (removed)​
    [AOSPA 4.2.2 JDQ39] PARANOIDANDROID 3.1x [beta][08/03/2013] /discontinued

updateioa13.png

CHANGELOG

BETA 10​
    FIRST BUILD OF AOSPA 3.x (3.10)
    QUICK SETTINGS TOGLE
    TILES
    MULTIPLE USERS
    LOCKSCREEN WIDGETS
    DAYDREAMIN'
    NEW HYBRID ENGINE
    SUPER USER EMBEDDED IN SETTINGS
    ETC ETC ETC.​

BETA 9​
    Fixed Force Close when selecting a language from Settings
    [jellybean 6c79015] SystemUI: TabletStatusBar: enable storage notifications (Change-Id: Iadaefad05e0aec36c721203de1e382b3c93c9f6e)
    [jellybean e687748] Smooth Spinners: Makes the loading "spinner" animation smoother in non-holo apps
    (Change-Id: e8c3a79360a81ad71a63eafd0e2edc78b0c16d45)
    [jellybean 024f552] Improve scan time for some cases (Change-Id: I1cd4efbd56a37886cb44a86acb73eb9a3c9f303d)
    [jellybean 08dcaa9] Fix mdpi layout issues on statusbar (Change-Id: I24eacbdeb4db7ca0839648540b0b480903906d0d)
    [jellybean 6e2eb3f] libaudioeffect_jni: GREF leak fix for JB (Change-Id: I302b7f8de7189f85fd07167b950f85795ffc5ef1)
    [jellybean 92bcac8] Fixed improper size displaying in 'df' utility (Change-Id: I9bc52635d45d3e55ce61b3b1c6b80d1267516e75)
    [jellybean aeec586] camera: add ISO3200 and ISO6400
    [jellybean d5f5844] Change behavior when back pressed in PerformanceSettings
    [jellybean 3c780a5] msm7x30: fix FM audio routing
    Better icons in Pa Prefs (Change-Id: I01d38a5c49ad53b7391f62480ab103c28f362dab)
    Reworked first PA Preset (colors)
    Fixed the Phablet mode status bar (now it resizes the status bar to a correct dpi - 150)
    System UI has default stock colour if you choose the 1st preset value from PA Prefs (Change-Id: I57ce67f3574503b38e04fad5601e04df5f145ebe)​

BETA 8​
    Synced with latest cm sources
    Added missing v2-3D adreno200 driver​

BETA 7​
    CRT animation removed (causing a lot of issues)
    Fixed the status bar colors - Now you can choose different color for your statusbar
    Fixed the horrible lag
    Disabled face detection from camera​

BETA 6​
    CRT animation - ONLY OFF (Settings - Display)
    Swipe2wake option in Settings - Display
    Voltage control in Settings - Performance
    Added the ability to keep apps in memory by adding a line in build.prop "sys.keep.apps= app package" (i.e app package => com.android.phone)
    From now on MMS and Phone will be kept in memory all the time. If you want to change this behavior, open the build.prop and delete the 'sys.keep.apps' lines.
    Added the ability to disable or enable Hw support (gpu overlay for apps) - Use HwaSettings from your app drawer for this operation
    Fixes for video camera
    Fixes for BT
    Fixed crash for keyboard selector.
    Swap created automatically when you first boot up the rom - more ram
    Revamped the Theme Manager engine​

BETA 5​
    Per app color, latest PA invention, Let's you define navbar color, navbar glow color, navbar buttons color, and statusbar color on per app basis.
    Statusbar and navbar color (Independently from per app color, define default colors)
    Statusbar transparency and navbar transparency are finally back (Navbar transparency is only enabled on launcher)
    Toggles color scheme
    A lot of fixes to ParanoidPreferences
    Video camera fixes from Maxwen
    fixed ioctl return result (from maxwen)
    Synced with latest CM10, PA
    Added CM10 File manager (the new ****)
    Added 4.2 Gallery + Camera + Keyboard with swipe capabilities (yes, panorama works)
    Deleted duplicated lines from build.prop​

BETA 4​
    New system for Status bar transparency - You can now set any color you like for your statusbar (includes transparency also)
    Fixed the audio headset (FINALLY)
    Cherry-picked a number of fixes (for led / display drivers)
    Reworked the ParanoidAndroid preferences (now includes a Demo variant).
    Sync with latest CM 4.1.2 sources and fixes​

BETA 3​
    Full changelog for PA 2.23 will come shortly
    Status bar transparency re-added
    Settings.apk memory leak in "Apps" fixed (commit 15e6cf776db0a86d65802436aed66b7484838cfc) - From this the whole system could benefit.
    Fixed Adreno's graphics **** up throughout the system and startup (commit 137b219d75ad89f4d071e6e5a492902b32dc79aa; 04b829d779c619d51abd58b03929e8edee8967c4; 11d1af424fc434fe9842e642043119fb77bbd17d)
    Synced with latest PA 2.23 and CM 4.1.2 sources​

BETA 2​
    Unified paprefs, new shiny pref-icons
    Day of the week and month in statusbar
    Expanded desktop status text
    Better backout gradient
    Do-not-disturb will deal with the ticker, not kill the sounds
    Two new toggle layouts: holo-button and toggle-rows (good for tabUI)
    Stretching option to fit them on the screen
    Added battery mods (circle battery, battery with text, with percentage etc)
    Fixed the desktop wallpaper issue at first startup
    Added CM's FileExplorer
    Deleted ESFileExplorer
    Fixed the UI issues (now you can actually choose your Workspace from Settings - Paranoid Android - LAUNCH and it will FIT our screen from start - no need to modify the sliders by yourself)
    Merged with CM 4.1.2 _r1
    Paranoid Android v2.22​

BETA 1​
    Fixed the freezes at start-up
    Cherry-picked and added a plethora of tweaks (EXPERIMENTAL)
    Faster and stable
    Removed Youtube.apk
    Stock browser security fix
    New toggle system for statusbar (you can enable, disable or change their appearance from settings)
    Deep sleep issue fixed by maxwen's kernel (flash that if you want to be super awesome)
    ParanoidPreference updated
    Goo.IM support - Now you can download my rom through GooIM application found in the appdrawer!
    Get it while its HOT!

BETA 0​
    Fully source compiled
    Based on latest B113 CM10 by Lloir
    Based on latest PARANOIDANDROID sources (PA 2.17)
    Swapped Nova Launcher with Trebuchet
    Added Youtube.apk that will transform in 3DYoutube if you set it in 720px mode
    Added working Adobe Flash Player

v 0.7 Pre-Alpha​
    Fixed Market
    Fixed force closes mostly​

v 0.6 Pre-Alpha​
    Synced with latest CM9 by LLoir/Maxwen
    Synced with latest PA sources for ICS (1.6)
    Bluetooth fixed with this latest version
    Lockscreen now turns in landscape mode
    Switched off the off screen animation
    Fixed a little things in pad.prop
    Cleaned up build.prop
    Trebuchet is the default launcher now, not because it is better (it's not actually) (you can install anything you want)
    Network search works
    Injected the required kernel into the rom, so take that and flash it in order to get bluetooth!​

v 0.5 Pre-Alpha​

Added Titanium Kernel #5 with fix Performance Settings (the cpu overclock from Performance settings will work now) - THIS KERNEL INCLUDES THE GPS FIX ALSO! (Technolover)
    Fixed Viber app from the market;
    Fixed incompatibility issues with Firefox/Chrome and a few apps;
    Phone mode by default with smaller UI;
    Forced Apex as Tablet UI (you can enter in the app drawer using the ::: from the top right corner of the screen);
    MMS as Tablet UI with smaller DPI;
    Store with TabletUI with smaller DPI;
    Fixed the DeskClock font size problem;
    Added a new "How To - DPI change tutorial" on the OP page.​

v 0.4 Pre-Alpha​

Based on latest Beta3 CM9 - Fixed camera recording (only in 480p);
    Smoother than before - I suggest you all try this;
    Tablet mode by default;
    Removed Nova and Trebuchet;
    Added Apex - Much more smoother;
    Some build.prop tweaks;
    Other things I can't remember right now;​

v 0.3 Pre-Alpha​

Fix super user access;​

v 0.2 Pre-Alpha​

Wifi fix implemented (THANKS JMZTAYLOR & Lloir);
    Fix for Netflix;
    USB Tether should work;
    Fix Phone.apk crash when someone calls you;
    Removed Maps and Apex Launcher (who needs them they can download the apps from market - the rom contains the required datas for maps, so you need only the app);
    Small work into build.prop;

v 0.1 Initial Release​
    Anyways my idea isn't possible? :p
    Too bad. But no harm in just throwing it out there right? :)

Sent from my One V using xda premium

I can base it on whatever source I want... if I want, I can base it on Evervolv's base (which I did at first when I got a booting build - not the one that is in the download link) but the thing is that rebasing a rom on another base, its hard work - you need to fix a lot of errors and when you fix them you don't know for sure that that rom will boot. so it's a "what if i do this" kind of thing.....

i have a solid knowledge now to continue and work on aospa sources but thing is I have this error in EGL that I can't find a solution for it... I must try again from scratch but my time is very limited. I'm not like Lloir - if you guys remember he was working night shifts so he had all day on building... I am working day shift almost all day from 10 am to 7 pm, sometimes even more than that. I live with my GF also, so as you can see, there is not much room for building. I usually do it in the mornings when I drink my coffee and I prepare for work. MY PC is not helping either - a compiled rom takes over 2.5 hours to make :( + 10-15 mins of syncing, 20-30 mins of preparing...

If I had time - I would've made this rom and many others - cm, cfx, evervolv, - slimbeam - as I tried to do a build; almost got it but it had some nasty errors at the final stage of compiling that I dropped it.

I'm very sad...

So, I think it's time to say R.I.P. to the ROM... :(

Who said that I'm quitting?:)
    Rom work perfect, but for dialy use i have still CM10. I cannot fint some setings in this rom like search tool, disable half cirkle with home atc, set HW key and set CPU ...

I'm sorry Sir, for releasing the rom like this,
    and screw you for not giving you the PERFECT rom with CM controls, CPU controls, RAM controls, HWUI SETTINGS, UV Settings and whatnot.

You don't like it, you don't use it! I am doing this for me and share it with you guys and as FAR as I remember, this is a FIRST release of AOSPA. I don't know WHO on EARTH gives a fully working roms in a first release, here on XDA. Apparently some of you are quite hard to be impressed. You are not the one that took hours and hours from his time to share a work of frustration and nerves with others.

Probably you don't know, but, building AOSP for a LEGACY device is like building an airplane engine with only glue and paper (no support from google for ****ty devices).

If you ever come here and take a **** on my OP - cause that's what you did anyway, I'll ask mods to remove your posts.

Have a good day because you just ****ed mine!