[GUIDE][MOD] How to enable CRT-off animation on MTK devices(BUG-FREE)

was this helpful?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

shashanksetty

Jul 22, 2013
mysore
Hello! :D:D

I love CRT OFF animation but it so happened that there was a bug in it.. the phone started to soft reboot after a while :( so i was looking up on XDA and came across a guide and I have tested it so far there are no bugs in it..:victory::victory:

I have uploaded CRT off animation for the stock v2 of mmx a89 so People who want CRT off effect on stock v2 can do so by downloading CRT_OFF_FOR_A89.zip from the attachments and directly flashing it via recovery;):cyclops::D
for people who do not want it on stock rom can do so by following the GUIDE BELOW::eek::cowboy:

Instructions:

*Assuming that you know how to decompile apks*
1)pull framework-res.apk from your phone which can be found in /system/framework
2)decompile it
3)navigate to res/values
4)open bools.xml
5)look for
<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>

6)change true to false
7)recompile and push or flash
8)download crt-off.zip from the attachments
9)flash it
10)enjoy!!:D:D

No Harm in pressing thanks if i have helped you :p

Attachments

• crt-off.zip
    189.4 KB · Views: 547
  • CRT_OFF_FOR_A89.zip
    4 MB · Views: 292
Last edited:

noobpremium

May 30, 2013
GOOD TUT BRO :good:
BUT HARD TO READ THE INTRO. PLEASE MAKE IT SHORT AND CLEAR SO EVERYONE CAN ENJOY READING :p

leyneli

Jan 28, 2013
Ankara
I use this effect with gravity box.

And question; where can i find custom rom for mtk phones? (Mtk 6572 s4)

shashanksetty

Jul 22, 2013
mysore
im lost at step 3. i cant find res/values. can someone help me ? :confused:

Hello mate!
Every framework should contain a res folder and a values folder! If you can't find it, check if you have decompiled the framework correctly, try using the search option.
If you're still having trouble, try using xposed tweakbox (xposed module) for the CRT off effect.
:)

hurvee12

Feb 1, 2013
Marilao
thanks for the quick reply. hmm xposed tweakbox ? does that have crt animation ? unfortunately im having problems understanding recompiling/decompiling apps
i tried to do it now but i just got stucked to bootloop. lol. lucky i haved backup.
i have gravity box right now. but it does not support crt animation off. any modules have crt animation off sir for easy not doing this recompiling thing :)

sorry for bad english

shashanksetty

Jul 22, 2013
mysore
thanks for the quick reply. hmm xposed tweakbox ? does that have crt animation ? unfortunately im having problems understanding recompiling/decompiling apps
i tried to do it now but i just got stucked to bootloop. lol. lucky i haved backup.
i have gravity box right now. but it does not support crt animation off. any modules have crt animation off sir for easy not doing this recompiling thing :)

sorry for bad english
Which phone do you use? If it doesn't have a mtk(mediaTek) chipset you don't have to include the lib file, just the books.xml would be sufficient, and do tryout xposed tweakbox.
:)

shashanksetty

Jul 22, 2013
mysore
i have a micromax a110. hmm i give up on this recompiling. installed lockscreen tweaks. it works. but when i locked my screen it reboots. help ? :eek:
You can't be sure what is causing that unless you look at a log!
It's most probably because it isn't compatable for the android version you are running or it might me for a different rom, and I have modded the stock framework for a friend he had a canvas 2 too, there were no problems at all! I think you haven't decompiled the framework-res.apk
Try using tickle my android for decompiling and recompiling its very easy to use!

Reactions: hurvee12

hurvee12

Feb 1, 2013
Marilao
You can't be sure what is causing that unless you look at a log!
It's most probably because it isn't compatable for the android version you are running or it might me for a different rom, and I have modded the stock framework for a friend he had a canvas 2 too, there were no problems at all! I think you haven't decompiled the framework-res.apk
Try using tickle my android for decompiling and recompiling its very easy to use!

tweakbox is not working for me
well to be frankly i think i have done recompile/decompiling. i watched a youtube video on how to do it.
but im lost at push or flash step. i have the new framework.res apk. how to do it sir. tweakbox is not working for me

does flash means i have to zip the framwork.res apk ? then flash it ?

Last edited:

shashanksetty

Jul 22, 2013
mysore
tweakbox is not working for me
well to be frankly i think i have done recompile/decompiling. i watched a youtube video on how to do it.
but im lost at push or flash step. i have the new framework.res apk. how to do it sir. tweakbox is not working for me

You need an empty zip file to flash. download the CRT_OFF_FOR_A89.zip that I have attached to this post and replace the existing framework-res.apk with your framework-res.apk using 7-zip or winrar just delete the existing one and drag and drop your framework to the same directory
Put the zip in your sdcard and go to recovery select install zip from SD card and then select the zip. Then reboot

Top Liked Posts