[Q] Duplicate Images in Album app.

Search This thread

defsix

Aug 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
I'm banging my head against the wall on this one...

My Camera taken pictures located in /DCIM/100ANDRO are duplicated when viewing in the Album App. One image is located in /Legacy/DCIM/100ANDRO and one is located in /0//DCIM/100ANDRO . Yes, I know they are the same thing, just symlinked locations. Pictures located within the DCIM directory and other subdirectories are not effected, moving the pictures to another location within DCIM or renaming 100ANDRO directory fixes the issue. I've wiped App Data and MediaData, cache unistalled the app, changed versions . Everything I can think of, but what ever picture is located within /DCIM/100ANDRO/ gets shown twice in the gallery. Even removing the pics from the folder, deleting the folder and taking a picture with the camera so the folder rebuilds, then placing the pictures back in still results in the same issue.

Any ideas? :crying:

BTW There are 700+ pictures in the folder.

defsix

Aug 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
Did you try one of these media rescan tools?

Yep, it's re-scanned several times. The problem is the Album App sees two different locations /Legacy/ and /0/ which are actually symlinked to the same location. I assume before this was ignored but now the App sees it. My last resort is factory reset , if i have to do that i'll wait till the new version of my FW is available.