[ROM] [AOSP] LeoFroYo 2.0.0 - 2nd serving - the easy ROM full of features!

Search This thread

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
Hey man. That sucks how the ROM isn't working for you, but I find the stock kernel that came with this, actually gives decent battery life. Whenever I use other kernels I see the 3-5% drain on standby.

Yeah it's odd. The stock kernel for me still wasn't yielding good results. Bounced between the stock, wildmonks, pershoot, and intersects. All horrible. Stinks because this ROM is really, REALLY nice beyond that. I'm no hah2110, but the drain was just intense, lol. about ~1 every 2 minutes just with the screen on.

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Yeah it's odd. The stock kernel for me still wasn't yielding good results. Bounced between the stock, wildmonks, pershoot, and intersects. All horrible. Stinks because this ROM is really, REALLY nice beyond that. I'm no hah2110, but the drain was just intense, lol. about ~1 every 2 minutes just with the screen on.

That does suck, sorry your experience was such a bad one.

rjhay22

Dec 16, 2009
Torrance. California
Haha exactly what I thought bout this ROM. I'm sure pershoots tweaked out kernel is better, it has all the goodies in it. But point out an obvious difference between the two, that made you not mind the 3-5% drain over the 1% drain on standby. What makes it all worth it for you... I honestly see no difference, just the slight increase in speed from the OC. Hence the battery drain too :-(

I agree, stock kernel is good, Pershoot's is better :) I can live with the 3-5% drain.

Great overall Rom, reminds me of a Froyo version of Enom's

Oh yah, weird thing I used to notice bout the stock kernel was, that it drained quickly when the screen was on, the display mainly used most of the battery based on "battery use" stat from the settings. But when it was on standby I got less than 1%drain per hour. I knew something wasnt right bout it, probably the launcher i was using wasnt agreeing with the settings i had. After upgrading to the latest launcher pro battery life seems more stable in use. So placebo perhaps? Or battery drained out to full charge trick fixed it. Who knows, but I'm not battery fanatic like our friend hah, so I'll stop. Lol.

Last edited:

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Haha exactly what I thought bout this ROM. I'm sure pershoots tweaked out kernel is better, it has all the goodies in it. But point out an obvious difference between the two, that made you not mind the 3-5% drain over the 1% drain on standby. What makes it all worth it for you... I honestly see no difference, just the slight increase in speed from the OC. Hence the battery drain too :-(

Oh yah, weird thing I used to notice bout the stock kernel was, that it drained quickly when the screen was on, the display mainly used most of the battery based on "battery use" stat from the settings. But when it was on standby I got less than 1%drain per hour. I knew something wasnt right bout it, probably the launcher i was using wasnt agreeing with the settings i had. After upgrading to the latest launcher pro battery life seems more stable in use. So placebo perhaps? Or battery drained out to full charge trick fixed it. Who knows, but I'm not battery fanatic like our friend hah, so I'll stop. Lol.

Yeah, the biggest difference I have noticed with pershoot's kernel is they simply excel when its subjected to intense 3D graphics. IMO no other kernel is on the same level so that is why I am willing to live with the slightly larger battery drain. I have pretty much been through all kernels out there and I always come back to his because his optimizations are just better. At least that is my two cents.

rjhay22

Dec 16, 2009
Torrance. California
I see, I am aware of the difference it made on the eclair, but on FroYo with JIT present I didn't see the need to optimize how the phone handles 3D. I rarely use my phone for gamin so I wouldn't have a good comparison between the two. I guess, once again, just like dumbestcrayon always say. It all boils down to, what matters most to us and how we use our device. Thanks for the response brother.

Yeah, the biggest difference I have noticed with pershoot's kernel is they simply excel when its subjected to intense 3D graphics. IMO no other kernel is on the same level so that is why I am willing to live with the slightly larger battery drain. I have pretty much been through all kernels out there and I always come back to his because his optimizations are just better. At least that is my two cents.

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
I see, I am aware of the difference it made on the eclair, but on FroYo with JIT present I didn't see the need to optimize how the phone handles 3D. I rarely use my phone for gamin so I wouldn't have a good comparison between the two. I guess, once again, just like dumbestcrayon always say. It all boils down to, what matters most to us and how we use our device. Thanks for the response brother.

100% agree, it really comes down to what matters most to people. And the beautiful thing about using an open platform is there is always a plethora of choices.

leonnib4

Mar 1, 2010
Paris
100% agree, it really comes down to what matters most to people. And the beautiful thing about using an open platform is there is always a plethora of choices.

well speak, rjhay22 & jlevy73 :)
I read your discussion and I must say the battery life is not bad for me. Some also said it was good. Of course it would be better with a custom kernel...

I'm not including any custom kernel for now because I don't want to put OC kernel to users who does not want/need it.

And btw, it's only an update.zip to apply.
I let the user choose.

leonnib4

Mar 1, 2010
Paris
About me Modded SpareParts

You are free and welcome to pull my Modded SpareParts.
You will need some of my scripts in /system/xbin/ to get it fully functionnal (like rosystem & rwsystem...).

I just ask in return:
- put credits
- do not say it's (only) your work

Also, to install add-ons I'm using my repository on MyHangoutOnline, so make your own mirror and do not kill my bandwidth.
Also I might change files etc. in which case yours will not work.

Sources will soon be released.

Latest SparePartsMod: com.android.spare_parts-1.apk

Last edited:

rjhay22

Dec 16, 2009
Torrance. California
Just do whatever it is you're doing right now, you're doing great! Anyone who needs a tweaked kernel can easily find it in the development thread, and simply flash it over this. Thank you for everything you've done so far and what you're bout to do. :)

well speak, rjhay22 & jlevy73 :)
I read your discussion and I must say the battery life is not bad for me. Some also said it was good. Of course it would be better with a custom kernel...

I'm not including any custom kernel for now because I don't want to put OC kernel to users who does not want/need it.

And btw, it's only an update.zip to apply.
I let the user choose.

boang_yigubok

Mar 20, 2010
I really like the flexibility features of this ROM. This is really what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot for the hard work leo. I'm flashing this ROM as I type. :D

THATTON

Aug 27, 2007
Bakersfield
I can't get Facebook and Twitter to reload on this ROM. Is anyone else having this issue? I've tried through the Market and Titanium...

leonnib4

Mar 1, 2010
Paris
I'm aware that you removed them, that's no biggie as I understand why you did so. My issue is that I can't get them back on.

I dont think those stock apps are on Market.
You will have to adb push them.

Do you use them?
Maybe I will simply move them to /data/app so you will keep them but they will be removable.

Others: what do you think?

THATTON

Aug 27, 2007
Bakersfield
I think I am able to find the apk downloads on Megaupload or something like that but if you could include them that would be awesome. Thanks for considering it.

exceleth

Jun 9, 2010
Istanbul
I think I am able to find the apk downloads on Megaupload or something like that but if you could include them that would be awesome. Thanks for considering it.
Original Facebook and Twitter apps are on market. Not sure about amazon mp3 tho.

I did face some problems about facebook widget, Apps2sd problem which apps just disapper is a known issue, I think I havent tried to move Facebook app to the phone tho. I am flashing the new version now and will try that.

Thanks again leo.

leonnib4

Mar 1, 2010
Paris
Original Facebook and Twitter apps are on market. Not sure about amazon mp3 tho.

I did face some problems about facebook widget, Apps2sd problem which apps just disapper is a known issue, I think I havent tried to move Facebook app to the phone tho. I am flashing the new version now and will try that.

Thanks again leo.

I think it wont change.

Read the first post: do NOT move:
- root apps
- keyboards
- launchers
- widgets
to sdcard!

antiochasylum

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Re: [ROM] LeoFroYo 0.2.2 "Flexible" - root, modded SpareParts, ADWLauncher...

Stop making updates lol. Every time I flash my phone I have to re install my apps and flash the new kernel lol.

Kidding keep up the good work. Loving your rom, and for the time being im using no lock for the track ball wake ::thumbs up::

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My new setup is Magpie (a modified CYAN 6.1 with built in support for app2ext) it's the best substitute to Leo own memory management

I also use a patch to move data to sd card, with this I get a new rom with most feature I had in Leo.

Hopefully (for him and us...) he will be back one day...

you are right :D:D

Leo back today , check twitter ...

Welcome back leo we missed you