Activate RCS messaging on any phone!

Search This thread
Hi guys. I know this is not Note 10 specific but it's great news nonetheless. Someone figured out how to activate RCS messaging and it works. ?

For those who don't know what RCS is, it's basically like iMessage for Android.

Here is the 9 to 5 Google article: https://9to5google.com/2019/10/26/enable-rcs-android-messages/

And here is a tutorial from Jeff Springer over on YouTube:

Spread the news guys it should work on any Android phone carrier. I'm currently in Canada and got it to work.

Enjoy?

d.cortez

Dec 30, 2005
north texas
Google Pixel Fold
configured as well on my ATT Note 10+; however, replies to group messaging arrived as separate (or new) text messages and not part of the group. Fix for me was to disable the option to "Use WiFi data for messaging when available". Anyone else experience similar behavior? Thanks.

cjxsutton

Nov 3, 2011
Panama City Beach, FL
I was able to do it on my Samsung-direct unlocked SD Note 10+ on T-Mobile, but when I restarted my phone later it went away and isn't coming back even when replicating the steps. It now says your carrier doesn't support this feature when I go into the Message app settings. I have the Carrier Settings app downloaded from Play Store as well.

scottusa2008

Nov 30, 2008
Got it connected here. Followed the directions but had some issues with the phone number verification stage. Disabling wifi and trying again helped.

I am not sure if it is actually working though. Every message I send is either a sms or mms, even if I send it back to myself. At least one of my friends it should be going through as a chat message.

torickray

Feb 22, 2010
Got it connected here. Followed the directions but had some issues with the phone number verification stage. Disabling wifi and trying again helped.

I am not sure if it is actually working though. Every message I send is either a sms or mms, even if I send it back to myself. At least one of my friends it should be going through as a chat message.
You can't send to yourself. Just ask your friend to enable it.

Cyrax-001

Apr 4, 2010
why is all this hype about the RCS? we already have tons of instant messaging apps (most importantly WhatsApp) that surpass the RCS in many ways.

jbarcus81

Jul 30, 2010
Marietta, OH
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Weird.. I'm on T-Mobile and it's been working for me up to this point.. Now things are being sent as SMS all of a sudden. Still shows as connected though.. Weird..

Never mind.. My buddy I was messaging must be having issues. He's on Sprint but has been able to use RCS without any hacks and using the default Samsung Messaging app .. Weird.

Last edited:

skoobz

Jan 21, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
so you never had it before? I had this since the start of the year. My son's Note 9, my wife's and daughter's S10 and my N10+ has this without jumping through those hoops. Just download google messages, it gives an option for RCS and that's it.

All our phones are unlocked Snapdragons so I'm not sure if that matters but you all should just download the google messages app first before doing all that crap for RCS.

blake .l

May 6, 2011
Newport
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I tried it and it worked on my Note 10+ but for some reason my son using his iphone 11 Pro Max couldn't send me any pictures through text and wasn't receiving any i sent.. I switched back to the stock Samsung message app and we could both send and receive txt and pictures?? I'm guessing AT&T has setup as I can send a txt to my buddy using my Note 10+ and I believe he has Galaxy s10 and using the stock messaging app I can see when its delivered, read, and when he types..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts