By thecubed, Inactive Recognized Developer on 18th September 2013, 04:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st March 2014, 10:16 PM |#1501  
Flag Jersey City
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticKinesis

That was my point exactly, as indicated in post #1487. I'm fairly experienced with programming and Linux but not so much with Android, would be happy to help with testing if there's something I can do.

Question is then where would we need to put the update.zip?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

31st March 2014, 10:17 PM |#1502  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
jotti.org and virus total report ioroot25 has Andr.Exploit.Ratc
Thanks autoprime for your explanation "its a root exploit.. of course its a false positive." Now that you state it, its obviously a false positive, code that roots will be seen by scanners as malicious by jotti.org and virus total reporting Andr.Exploit.Ratc. This is a false positive. Its the first time for me, I've rooted from eclipse in the past.

Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoprime

IOroot
The page you are currently viewing(post #869) is my original IOroot post.
IOroot for LG G Flex thread can be found here.
Current Version - IOroot25

As of IOroot21... EFS backup has been added to the root script. EFS is backed up after fully rooting.. the last step in the script.
EFS is backed up into the ioroot folder on your computer. If running ioroot on mac.. it'll be in the ioroot/mac folder.
This will hopefully reduce future issues where EFS is corrupted and the user never made a backup of EFS.
Store backed up EFS partitions somewhere safe.

Directions:
Confirm your device is supported below.

Download latest IOroot zip and extract it.

Set phone in USB Debugging mode.

Set USB mode to Charging only(this may vary based on model).
Verizon users need to set USB connection to "Ethernet" mode.

Confirm device is detected in ADB using "adb devices" command.
Be sure to accept the RSA prompt on your phone.. and check the "always" box as well.

Run script and follow the onscreen instructions.

If the script is stick at "waiting for device".. turn your phone screen on and unlock it.. make sure ADB has the proper permission and that the ADB RSA prompt isn't sitting on the YES/NO screen. Check the "always remember" box when you accept it!!!

Windows: Download and install proper ADB driver. Double-click on root.bat
Linux: cd into IOroot folder -> chmod +x root.sh -> ./root.sh
Mac: cd into /IOroot/mac folder -> chmod +x root.sh -> ./root.sh

Windows Drivers:
Verizon Drivers - HERE
Drivers for everyone else - HERE

Device Model and Firmware Supported:

LG Optimus G - All

LG G2:
D800 - All
D801 - TMO, CLR, WND, VTR [All]
D802 - All
D803 - All
D805 - All
D806 - All
F320K (Shipping ROM)
F320K - All 4.4.2
F320L (Shipping ROM)
F320L - All 4.4.2
F320S (Shipping ROM)
F320S - All 4.4.2
Sprint LS980 - All
Verizon VS980 - All

LG G Flex:
F340 series - All
AT&T D950 - All
D955 series - All
D958 series - All
D959 series - All
Sprint LS995 - All

G Pro 2
F350K/L/S - All
D838 - All

Not Working?
Make sure to read all of the scripts on-screen text or you may miss something. Hitting a button when it's not time to do so or not reading everything on screen can cause problems. Make sure the phone is unlocked with the screen on whenever possible as well.

If the scripts fail for you check out the manual directions further down the page. The manual method is only a few ADB commands and can help if I've messed up in the scripts somewhere... or if the scripts just don't seem to be working for you. Taking it one step at a time manually almost always results in success.

Still not working?
I need the output from the 4 ADB commands below along with IOroot version and if it was on Windows/Linux/Mac. Any errors you come across would help as well...
adb shell "getprop ro.product.model"
adb shell "getprop ro.build.target_operator"
adb shell "getprop ro.lge.swversion"
adb shell "getprop ro.build.fingerprint"

WITHOUT POSTING ALL OF THE ABOVE INFO I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HELP.
ONLY THE MOST RECENT VERSION OF IOROOT IS SUPPORTED!!

What's Next?
Confirm full root with rootchecker. ( @joeykrim )
Support a great dev by buying the Pro version.

If you only did the "temp root/adb only root" then you can confirm root by opening adb shell and seeing # instead of $.

For custom recovery(TWRP/CWM) run FreeGee ( @Shelnutt2 )
Check out the FreeGee donate version if you want to support a great dev.

Manual Root Method(scroll to bottom for manual 4.4.2 method):
Code:

Download and extract the latest IOroot.zip
Enable USB Debugging. VZW users must also enable ethernet mode. 
Open terminal/command prompt. windows/linux users: cd into /ioroot folder. mac users cd into /ioroot/mac
(windows users can hold shift key, right click in ioroot folder. Select "open command window" option.

copy/paste commands below.. hitting enter/return after each line. 
Linux/Mac users may have to enter ./ before adb on each line. 
Example: ./adb push g2_security /sdcard/g2_security

1: adb devices
(make sure it sees your device; if "offline" turn on phone/unlock and accept RSA key prompt)
2: Choose next line based on model and firmware version:
AT&T D80010d (Shipping ROM): adb push g2_security /sdcard/g2_security
AT&T D80010o (OTA): adb push ytiruces_1a_att /sdcard/ytiruces_1a
AT&T D80010q (OTA): adb push ytiruces_1a_att /sdcard/ytiruces_1a
Bell D803 (Shipping ROM): adb push ytiruces_1a_d803 /sdcard/ytiruces_1a
KT F320k (Shipping ROM): adb push g2_security /sdcard/g2_security
KT F320K20a/20f (KitKat): adb push ytiruces_1a_kk /mnt/shell/emulated/0/ytiruces_1a
LGU F320L (Shipping ROM): adb push g2_security /sdcard/g2_security
LGU F320L20b/20e (KitKat): adb push ytiruces_1a_kk /mnt/shell/emulated/0/ytiruces_1a
D802 (4.2.2): adb push g2_security /sdcard/g2_security
D805 (4.2.2): adb push g2_security /sdcard/g2_security
D806 (4.2.2): adb push g2_security /sdcard/g2_security
OPEN D802 (Shipping ROM): adb push g2_security /sdcard/g2_security
Rogers D803 (Shipping ROM): adb push ytiruces_1a_d803 /sdcard/ytiruces_1a
SCA D802 (Shipping ROM): adb push g2_security /sdcard/g2_security
SCA D805 (Shipping ROM): adb push g2_security /sdcard/g2_security
Singtel D802 (Shipping ROM): adb push g2_security /sdcard/g2_security
SKT F320S (Shipping ROM): adb push g2_security /sdcard/g2_security
SKT F320S20a/20g (KitKat): adb push ytiruces_1a_kk /mnt/shell/emulated/0/ytiruces_1a
Sprint LS980ZV7 (Shipping ROM): adb push g2_security_spr /sdcard/g2_security
Sprint LS980ZV8 (OTA): adb push g2_security_spr /sdcard/g2_security
Sprint LS980ZVA (OTA): adb push ytiruces_1a_ls980 /sdcard/ytiruces_1a
T-Mobile D80110c (Shipping ROM): adb push g2_security /sdcard/g2_security
T-Mobile D80110g (OTA): adb push ytiruces_1a_tmo /sdcard/ytiruces_1a
Telus D803 (Shipping ROM): adb push ytiruces_1a_d803 /sdcard/ytiruces_1a
Verizon VS98010B (Shipping ROM): adb push g2_security_vzw /sdcard/g2_security
Verizon VS98011A/12B (OTA): adb push ytiruces_1a_vzw /sdcard/ytiruces_1a
Videotron D801 (4.2.2): adb push ytiruces_1a_d803 /sdcard/ytiruces_1a
Vodafone D802 (Shipping ROM): adb push g2_security /sdcard/g2_security
Wind D801 (4.2.2): adb push ytiruces_1a_d803 /sdcard/ytiruces_1a

F340-Series (4.2.2): adb push ytiruces_1a_F340JB /sdcard/ytiruces_1a
D950 (4.2.2): adb push ytiruces_1a_kk /sdcard/ytiruces_1a
D955-Series (4.2.2): adb push ytiruces_1a_kk /sdcard/ytiruces_1a
D956-Series (4.2.2): adb push ytiruces_1a_kk /sdcard/ytiruces_1a
D958-Series (4.2.2): adb push ytiruces_1a_kk /sdcard/ytiruces_1a
D959 (4.2.2): adb push ytiruces_sumtz /sdcard/ytiruces_sumtz

F350K/L/S (4.4.2): adb push ytiruces_1a_kk /sdcard/ytiruces_1a

This next depends on your computer/phone model...

USB Connection Mode needs to be toggled.
Ways to do this are listed below...

a. Unplug usb cable from phone then re-plug.
b. Toggle USB mode from Charge to MTP back to Charge
c. Toggle USB mode from Ethernet to MTP back to Ethernet (VZW users)

3: adb shell
(you should now see a # instead of a $. # = root)
4: exit
5: adb shell "mount -o remount,rw /system"
6: adb push su /system/xbin/su
7: adb push su /system/xbin/daemonsu
8: adb push install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
9: adb shell "chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su;chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su"
10: adb shell "chown 0.0 /system/xbin/daemonsu;chmod 06755 /system/xbin/daemonsu"
11: adb shell "chown 0.2000 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh;chmod 755 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh"
12: adb shell "sync;mount -o remount,ro /system"
13: adb install Superuser.apk

REBOOT AFTER STEP #13

Confirm root with rootchecker. (joeykrim)

Run FreeGee (shelnutt) to install custom recovery- TWRP/CWM. 

4.4.2 method:

Download and extract the latest IOroot.zip
Enable USB Debugging. VZW users must also enable ethernet mode. 
Open terminal/command prompt. windows/linux users: cd into /ioroot folder. mac users cd into /ioroot/mac
(windows users can hold shift key, right click in ioroot folder. Select "open command window" option.

1. adb devices
2. adb reboot recovery
(when booted in recovery, select: 'apply update from adb' with power button)
3. adb sideload kk_root.zip

reboot when zip finishes flashing. done.

v
IOroot25 Download: HERE

Changelog:
v25 - Added root for 4.4.2 devices. Added G Pro 2 D838 support. Thanks to @jarari2 for the idea to go through stock recovery.
v24: added support for G2 D800 10q, G Flex D956 and G Pro 2 F350K/L/S(thanks to @hkfriends for confirming ioroot method still works)
v23: added support for AT&T G Flex D950 10c.
v22: added support for TMO D959 G Flex. Tweaked scripts EFS backup... hopefully no more errors.
v21: added support for Sprint LS980ZVA update. Added EFS backup support.
v20: added support for all D802/D805/D806. Updated all scripts. Added LG Optimus G and LG G Flex support. SuperSu now installed in /system.
v19: added support for MORE F320 4.4 firmware. Added Singtel D802 support. Linux/Mac script fixes.
v18: added support for MORE F320 4.4 firmware. Added Vodafone(VDF) carrier(should work with at least Shipping ROM). Tweaked scripts.
v17: added F320* 4.4 KitKat root. Added SuperSu.4.4 users must reboot after running root script(mac/linux)
v16: added TMO 10g root and "SCA" root(D802/D805)
v15: added ATT 10o root.
v12: added Verizon 12B root.
v11: added linux support and Sprint LS980 root(both thanks to @Shelnutt2)

y u no hit thanks button?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevep2007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stevep2007 Ad-Free
31st March 2014, 10:22 PM |#1503  
New York
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnteusFogg

Question is then where would we need to put the update.zip?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

No idea, on past Samsung devices a file named "update.zip" in the root directory of internal storage was the expected location for flashing via stock recovery. I have tried and this doesn't seem to be the case here. The real question is do we even have a properly working stock recovery on our D801. I'm not really sure how to determine that.
31st March 2014, 10:30 PM |#1504  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Wink
Thanks for the root, autoprime.
It worked as described, manual mode, on my D80220a-SEA-xx.
31st March 2014, 10:52 PM |#1505  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,912

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep2007

jotti.org and virus total report ioroot25 has Andr.Exploit.Ratc

Is this a false positive

its a root exploit.. of course its a false positive. and please edit your post to remove the gigantic quote.

also...

TMO D801 users on KK... there is SOME hope still. I am on ZVA on my Sprint G2(4.2.2) which has no "adb reboot recovery" option... it does tne same thing thats happening to you guys.. quick "system update" msg (or something along those lines) and then reboots phone.

now.. on sprint g2.. vol up + power brings you to the hard reset menu. BUT.. vol down + power brings me to the full STOCK recovery menu.

Now I know your method to get into the hard reboot screen is different.. i believe its vol down + power.. let go at lg screen the press again? well has anyone tried any alternate combos? there may be another button combo to bring you into the full stock recovery menu instead of the hard reset menu. once at the full recovery menu you can use adb sideload to flash to kk_root.zip in ioroot25.

good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to autoprime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2014, 11:24 PM |#1506  
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 439

More
I haven't tried installing recovery or rom yet for fear of losing root of this here sprint lg g2 (batch style) what up what up - thank you gonna enjoy this for a minute, though anxious to OPtimize ! Hope I sent seventeen to the right place thank you !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
31st March 2014, 11:40 PM |#1507  

More
Quote:

its a root exploit.. of course its a false positive. and please edit your post to remove the gigantic quote.

also...

TMO D801 users on KK... there is SOME hope still. I am on ZVA on my Sprint G2(4.2.2) which has no "adb reboot recovery" option... it does tne same thing thats happening to you guys.. quick "system update" msg (or something along those lines) and then reboots phone.

now.. on sprint g2.. vol up + power brings you to the hard reset menu. BUT.. vol down + power brings me to the full STOCK recovery menu.

Now I know your method to get into the hard reboot screen is different.. i believe its vol down + power.. let go at lg screen the press again? well has anyone tried any alternate combos? there may be another button combo to bring you into the full stock recovery menu instead of the hard reset menu. once at the full recovery menu you can use adb sideload to flash to kk_root.zip in ioroot25.

good luck

With some googling, i found this: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/D801_Info

"How to boot into recovery mode
Volume down & Power, when the LG logo appears release and press them again, then press the Power button three times! "

But it doesnt seem to be working. I get lost in the instructions after "press them again".

Anyone has ideas?
1st April 2014, 12:04 AM |#1508  
Flag Greenville SC
Thanks Meter: 2,696

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftnd

Volume down & Power, when the LG logo appears release and press them again, then press the Power button three times! "

But it doesnt seem to be working. I get lost in the instructions after "press them again".

Anyone has ideas?

The volume down power only works if you have a custom recovery installed. If you don't all you get is the factory reset menu.
1st April 2014, 12:07 AM |#1509  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,912

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchener17

I haven't tried installing recovery or rom yet for fear of losing root of this here sprint lg g2 (batch style) what up what up - thank you gonna enjoy this for a minute, though anxious to OPtimize ! Hope I sent seventeen to the right place thank you !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

sent 17? donation? i dont care about $$ or w/e but i didnt get any donation for 17.. just wanna make sure you didnt send $$ to the wrong place or something and out $17.

if im not understanding you at all.. my bad lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftnd

Anyone has ideas?

power off completely. remove usb cable. press vol down + power and hold BOTH until you see the LG logo on the screen. then quickly let go of BOTH buttons then immediately repress BOTH buttons and continue to hold them. this should bring you to the hard reset recovery screen.

altho that is NOT the screen we want. all that does is wipe your data. what you want is an alternate button combo to bring you to the full stock recovery screen. at that point you could use my kk_root.zip.

here's a video on how to get to the hard reboot screen... for reference http://youtu.be/ifi-ArGeTzQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnyman

The volume down power only works if you have a custom recovery installed. If you don't all you get is the factory reset menu.

have you tried different button combo? because the stock recovery on Sprints gives BOTH menus using diff combos.. and now im wondering if you guys have that option too. such as vol up + power.. or vol up + power.. .let go..repress... or whatever else u can think of.
The Following User Says Thank You to autoprime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 12:12 AM |#1510  
Flag Greenville SC
Thanks Meter: 2,696

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

sent 17? donation? i dont care about $$ or w/e but i didnt get any donation for 17.. just wanna make sure you didnt send $$ to the wrong place or something and out $17.

if im not understanding you at all.. my bad lol.

power off completely. remove usb cable. press vol down + power and hold BOTH until you see the LG logo on the screen. then quickly let go of BOTH buttons then immediately repress BOTH buttons and continue to hold them. this should bring you to the hard reset recovery screen.

altho that is NOT the screen we want. all that does is wipe your data. what you want is an alternate button combo to bring you to the full stock recovery screen. at that point you could use my kk_root.zip.

here's a video on how to get to the hard reboot screen... for reference http://youtu.be/ifi-ArGeTzQ

have you tried different button combo? because the stock recovery on Sprints gives BOTH menus using diff combos.. and now im wondering if you guys have that option too. such as vol up + power.. or vol up + power.. .let go..repress... or whatever else u can think of.

I've tried every combo I can think of, but I'll keep poking at it.
The Following User Says Thank You to gunnyman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gunnyman Ad-Free
1st April 2014, 12:13 AM |#1511  

More
Right, the Hard Reset mode is relatively easy. Those extra instructions of "press power button three times" must only apply to custom recovery.
If the Stock Recovery mode truly exists then there must be some way to get into it. Seems that the closest that we got to is with "adb reboot recovery". At least there, the green android flashed for a second. Are there any other similar adb commands that can keep us at that green android screen?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)