Regarding power save mode

Search This thread

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
When I turn on power save mode, I notice that it reduces both screen refresh rate, and brightness too.

Is there any way to allow reduced screen refresh rate, but NOT reducing brightness. Is this even possible?

Reason being that the screen is kinda too dim even in wee bit darker than normal light conditions. Right now I am toggling between auto and manual brightness based on where I am.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA premium 4 mobile app.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
When I turn on power save mode, I notice that it reduces both screen refresh rate, and brightness too.

Is there any way to allow reduced screen refresh rate, but NOT reducing brightness. Is this even possible?

Reason being that the screen is kinda too dim even in wee bit darker than normal light conditions. Right now I am toggling between auto and manual brightness based on where I am.

Refresh rate? How can you tell that it does that?

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
It says that in the info about the power saving mode.

XDA is somewhat down right now. I've been trying to reply to you, but it keeps hanging. All power saving mode does is lower the CPU clock frequency. The refresh rate is never changed. The frame rate is, however. If you're rooted, you can reduce the CPU clock yourself with a number of apps on the play store.

Reactions: diablo009

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
That's strange. Check the attached screenshot. It says it reduces frame rate.

What I finally ended up doing is install YAAB for brightness control (includes night mode too). This disabled the auto brightness n things worked out well.

Thank you very much for trying to reply. The very thought is appreciated a lot.

64KBbP9o

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
That's strange. Check the attached screenshot. It says it reduces frame rate.

What I finally ended up doing is install YAAB for brightness control (includes night mode too). This disabled the auto brightness n things worked out well.

Thank you very much for trying to reply. The very thought is appreciated a lot.

64KBbP9o

Yeah, frame rate. You said refresh rate :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It says that in the info about the power saving mode.

XDA is somewhat down right now. I've been trying to reply to you, but it keeps hanging. All power saving mode does is lower the CPU clock frequency. The refresh rate is never changed. The frame rate is, however. If you're rooted, you can reduce the CPU clock yourself with a number of apps on the play store.
    Oops. My bad.