CM9/CM10 T-Mobile wifi calling?

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 4152895

yeah.. Cyanogenmod has a "stable" release for CM10, but if wifi calling is not working, then it's not that stable is it?
to me. "stable" means everything on the phone is working properly... if there is anything not working, then don't call it stable. I know that wifi calling is a Tmo thing, but if Cyanogen has a release for phones that come with wifi calling, then it should work..if it doesn't work, then the "stable" part is irrelevant.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry guys but this will never happen with any open source project way to hard, trust me on this one.

Hush, since you know nothing.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
    To everybody posting "hey check out this other WiFi calling method" or some SIP type method: Please stop. Now. In fact if I could, I'd ask you to stop BEFORE you posted it.

The T-Mobile WiFi calling is MORE than just the ability to make a call to a land line: It allows you to use your existing T-Mobile number to send and receive calls and texts. The other solutions will not direct people trying to make calls to you to this number. Yes I know, there's other hoops you can jump through to redirect calling or texts or whatnot, but that's not what they want.

In addition, people saying "it's not possible" must have missed that this HAS been ported to previous ROM builds. It's just not a high priority thing as it's not a heavily used feature and is very specific to T-Mobile, so it's most likely not high on their priority list compared to making sure audio works in general.

The WiFi calling, from my understanding, is a combination of both the Android app and kernel modules to reroute everything. There might be more involved these days and there's probably lots of settings to tweak and similar code changes. But I don't think it's impossible. But PLEASE don't suggest other WiFi calling methods.
    WiFi calling can be set up on any ROM. Not T-Mobile WiFi calling, but free WiFi calling nonetheless. There are plenty if tutorials floating around.

And it will never be built into official CM source.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Thanks for the info. I'm curious why it would never be shipped with the official ROM? The T-Mobile WiFi calling appears to be open source: http://code.google.com/p/the-ims-open-source-project-for-android/ . Is there a different reason it wouldn't ship with stock CM10 or are you just guessing?
    Ok What i would love is for the two guys so confident that wifi calling won't be or can't be incorperated into a cm build, to add one or two more lines to their post backing their claim, because as it stands they are just being trolls

lol watch i can do it to.
    GUYS you need to just trust me when I say I can gaurantee each and every one of you a wifi calling app will be included in tonights nightly.... see how useless that is you two.
    yeah i'm looking for this too.. I used CM9 for a few days and it did have the tmobile wifi calling but it seemed a little sketchy to use (text worked fine, calls were hit and miss).. but now i'm using CM10 and its not even loaded on there.. I don' want to have to create a new number or only chat with other who have the program..

if anyone knows how to either use Tmobile wifi app on CM10 or know of an app that works the same.. please let me know.

Thank you. :)