FORUMS

[APP][4.0+][v2.8.3.1] BubbleUPnP - UPnP/DLNA/Chromecast Control Point and Renderer

6,457 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,439

By bubbleguuum, Senior Member on 10th June 2011, 09:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2016, 12:03 PM |#10391  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miwi14

Hi,

using AVM Fritz!Box media Server (firmware is uptodate) as media server, bubble upnp does not display folder Images (Samsung S2 tablet and Samsung S3 Mini).
I put a folder.jpg in each folder (using mp3tag), but still no success.
I've been searching on the web without success and the Forum search seems to be broken (getting only error messages).

Has anyone a hint where to continue?

It is probable that the media server running on this box is very basic and does not support album art.
There's no solution unless using a media server that supports it.
17th January 2016, 12:04 PM |#10392  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Odd

Any chance Bubble could remember the in-track position when switching renderers instead of resetting back to the beginning?

You can continue current playback to a new renderer via: navigation drawer > 3-dot menu on the renderer you want to play to > Continue playback here.
17th January 2016, 12:07 PM |#10393  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laokoon

url: forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212723&pid=2172329#pid2172329
"Result Quality: Trash, all across the board. The video looks like a very fast CQ30+ x264/CPU rip. They're garbage, and the files are even larger than the x264/CPU equivalents."

Thanks for that interesting link.
17th January 2016, 12:37 PM |#10394  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
folder images not displayed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum

It is probable that the media server running on this box is very basic and does not support album art.
There's no solution unless using a media server that supports it.

Thank You for the quick reply.
Is there a way to test this? I have some experience in networking, XML and so on, but no skills regarding UPnP.

TIA
Mihael
17th January 2016, 05:54 PM |#10395  
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Marshmellow
I'm using marshmallow 6.0.1 on non-nexus device; the HTC One A9

Xposed is installed
App and Module is installed (stable and beta have been tried)
Phone is (systemless) rooted

I am unable to use the audio cast feature to cast my audio to my friends ps4
When I go to the folder 'audio cast' on the server from my ps4, it says "there is no playable media. I've tried both streaming formats and auto.

Is audio cast to ps4 not possible (it doesn't show up in the renderer list, but the media player app on the ps4 does see the server, and can play files off of it)? Or is it because I'm on marshmallow?

I can provide logcats, edit files on my phone, etc. And am willing to help get this issue resolved
17th January 2016, 06:08 PM |#10396  
OP Senior Member

More
Audio Cast on PS4 is not possible because (unlike the PS3 and Xboxes) the PS4 does not
support either WAV or LPCM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ae3NerdGod

I'm using marshmallow 6.0.1 on non-nexus device; the HTC One A9

Xposed is installed
App and Module is installed (stable and beta have been tried)
Phone is (systemless) rooted

I am unable to use the audio cast feature to cast my audio to my friends ps4
When I go to the folder 'audio cast' on the server from my ps4, it says "there is no playable media. I've tried both streaming formats and auto.

Is audio cast to ps4 not possible (it doesn't show up in the renderer list, but the media player app on the ps4 does see the server, and can play files off of it)? Or is it because I'm on marshmallow?

I can provide logcats, edit files on my phone, etc. And am willing to help get this issue resolved

17th January 2016, 06:14 PM |#10397  
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum

Audio Cast on PS4 is not possible because (unlike the PS3 and Xboxes) the PS4 does not
support either WAV or LPCM.

Are you serious? How could it not support wav???

Wow

OK. Thank you. Any plans on supporting the ps4?
17th January 2016, 08:51 PM |#10398  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehoodly54

Hi there, I'm having problems getting my Chromecast Audio (firmware 1.17a) to play 16 bit 44khz FLAC files from my DLNA enabled Buffalo Terastation NAS drive using the BubbleUPnP Android app (free limited version 2.5.6). I get the pop up message "added to playlist", but it isn't and refuses to play them. The same setup/operation works perfectly with MP3 files.

Anybody else having this issue? I'd buy the full version of this app in heartbeat if this issue could be resolved.

Any one?
18th January 2016, 12:43 PM |#10399  

More
Thanks again for fixing silent server start issue on DSM 5.2 on Synology DS212j.
Server works now, but being a little noob in Linux I'm having terrible difficulties compiling the right ffmpeg.
CutePoisonX script compiles it without mp3 encoding, so both audio and video transcoding are disabled.
Somehow custom script configuration doesn't work either. And I think it could be not the only missing library.
Could you point me to the right ffmpeg compilation guide or another kind of solution?
18th January 2016, 06:43 PM |#10400  

More
Chromecast Audio, Vorbis, Flac and UPNP server
The new Chromecast Audio can play Ogg Vorbis and FLAC files natively.
I have Plex server hosting a large quantity of vorbis, FLAC and video files.
BubbleUPNP gives an error "Cannot play: media not natively supported by Chromecast. See settings > Chromecast to enable transcoding".
I have no interest in transcoding and Chromecast Audio natively supports these formats anyway.

If I launch ES File Explorer I can find the same files on a windows file share and play it via BubbleUPNP and it plays.

I think ES file explorer takes the file share and proxies it into a http link which is sent to BubbleUPNP which sends this to Chromecast. This is no different to how UPNP passes media, so why does BubbleUPNP complain about native supported formats?

I think it may be related to MIME type nonsense. I have to disable MIME type checking to play the same media on another UPNP media renderer I have, which works well. Chromecast does not have the option to disable MIME type checking.

Can BubbleUPNP be set to ignore the MIME type for Chromecast or be updated to accept these MIME types for the new Chromecast Audio?

Thanks,

AP
19th January 2016, 06:51 AM |#10401  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehoodly54

Any one?

Might be similar to the issue I am having. Still not sure about the cause yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)