FORUMS

[APP][4.0+][v2.8.3.1] BubbleUPnP - UPnP/DLNA/Chromecast Control Point and Renderer

6,457 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,439

By bubbleguuum, Senior Member on 10th June 2011, 09:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st December 2019, 06:21 PM |#15291  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
At first congratulations for the great App. It works great and BubbleUPnP and FFMpeg does a great job in transcoding my FLAC into PCM on the fly and even the ID Tags are there.

But there are two things which are bothering me. When I navigate through the album section of the library, some album cover art is not showing. This is strange because there is nothing special about these albums. They have a folder.jpg in their folder and in addition the cover art integrated in the ID-Tag like all albums of mine. I deleted this albums, transfered them in to the smartphone, opened the cover art with Gimp and exported them as new jog in a new fashion like more compression but still the same. I guess BubblePnP is taking the cover art from the folder.jpg?

Another thing is, that I would like to buy the full version. But I don't like to register my phone with google. Is there another way?
1st January 2020, 06:11 PM |#15292  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalStream

At first congratulations for the great App. It works great and BubbleUPnP and FFMpeg does a great job in transcoding my FLAC into PCM on the fly and even the ID Tags are there.

But there are two things which are bothering me. When I navigate through the album section of the library, some album cover art is not showing. This is strange because there is nothing special about these albums. They have a folder.jpg in their folder and in addition the cover art integrated in the ID-Tag like all albums of mine. I deleted this albums, transfered them in to the smartphone, opened the cover art with Gimp and exported them as new jog in a new fashion like more compression but still the same. I guess BubblePnP is taking the cover art from the folder.jpg?

@DigitalStream

Are the audio files + Folder.jpg stored on your phone ? If so, you can try to have the Android media scanner rescan you files:
in Android settings, in the Apps section, clear data for the system app 'Media Storage' and reboot your device to initiate the rescan (it can take a while).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalStream

Another thing is, that I would like to buy the full version. But I don't like to register my phone with google. Is there another way?

There is an Amazon version of BubbleUPnP but it requires having an Amazon account and keeping the Amazon appstore app installed. Let
me know if you want details.
7th January 2020, 10:43 PM |#15293  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by labsurde

Hi.
Thank you for the great product.
Recently I encountered a problem and can I ask this?

My system setup:
- BubbleUPnP on Samsung Galaxy S7
- Renderer: Raspberry Pi (mpd + upmpdcli, installed two months ago)
- Music service: TIDAL
- Connection: Phone : WiFi, Raspberry Pi : Wired
- BubbleUPnP Setting/Local&Cloud/TIDAL -> FLAC on Wifi, AAC 320kbps on Mobile

Question:
- BubbleUPnP always shows "320kbps, 44.1Khz , Stereo" .
- If I change render to local render, the same song changes "FLAC, 44.1kHz. 16bits, Stereo"

I guess "320kbps, 44.1Khz , Stereo" is not FLAC but AAC. I wonder why "320kbps, 44.1Khz , Stereo" is always shown, not "FLAC" if I set Raspberry Pi as a renderer.

Coud you help me to solve this? Thank you!!!

I have this exact problem. Any fix for this?
8th January 2020, 11:31 AM |#15294  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkysimes

I have this exact problem. Any fix for this?

@mkysimes

I don't think the cause has been found since I have not been sent the requested log file.

Please send me a log file playing a TIDAL track that should play as FLAC but does not. See first post of this topic for logging instructions.
8th January 2020, 01:59 PM |#15295  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum

@mkysimes

I don't think the cause has been found since I have not been sent the requested log file.

Please send me a log file playing a TIDAL track that should play as FLAC but does not. See first post of this topic for logging instructions.

Thanks. Will do.
8th January 2020, 03:05 PM |#15296  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Thanks. Will do.

@mkysimes

I got the log.

You are using TIDAL through OpenHome managed by upmpdcli.
That is, upmpdcli is reponsible for login you to TIDAL and determining audio quality (BubbleUPnP's quality parameters do not apply in that case).
You can setting quality in upmpdcli's config file (setting the "tidalquality" parameter to "lossless", assuming you have a TIDAL HiFi subscription):

https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpd...plgproxymethod

If making this change does not result in FLAC being played, this is entirely an upmpdcli problem.
8th January 2020, 09:38 PM |#15297  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum

@mkysimes

I got the log.

You are using TIDAL through OpenHome managed by upmpdcli.
That is, upmpdcli is reponsible for login you to TIDAL and determining audio quality (BubbleUPnP's quality parameters do not apply in that case).
You can setting quality in upmpdcli's config file (setting the "tidalquality" parameter to "lossless", assuming you have a TIDAL HiFi subscription):

If making this change does not result in FLAC being played, this is entirely an upmpdcli problem.

Thanks for looking into it.

It's strange because mconnect has no issues streaming FLAC to the system which is run by Snakeoil OS. I've been using Bubbleupnp for years now and prefer the user interface which IMO is far superior. Originally thought it was because of the OS but since mconnect works without any adjustment I narrowed it down to Bubbleupnp being the culprit.

I think a while ago I looked into the config issue but I will try again. Thanks again and I'll let you know if I figure it out.
8th January 2020, 10:22 PM |#15298  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Thanks for looking into it.

It's strange because mconnect has no issues streaming FLAC to the system which is run by Snakeoil OS. I've been using Bubbleupnp for years now and prefer the user interface which IMO is far superior. Originally thought it was because of the OS but since mconnect works without any adjustment I narrowed it down to Bubbleupnp being the culprit.

I think a while ago I looked into the config issue but I will try again. Thanks again and I'll let you know if I figure it out.

@mkysimes

There are differences:

mConnect controls upmpdcli as a regular UPnP AV renderer: mConnect is responsible of determining stream quality
BubbleUPnP controls uppmpdcli as an OpenHome renderer, using its OpenHome TIDAL support: upmpdcli is responsible of determining stream quality.
9th January 2020, 03:38 PM |#15299  

More
Google Photos integration not working
Hello and first of all many thanks for the app. I have been a user of the pro version for many years.

Now my question: I cannot get Google Photos cloud integration working in BubbleUPnP.
  1. When I click on the Google Photos symbol in the "More"-menu, a dialog appears to choose the account (2 Google accounts on my phone)
  2. After I choose my account, then an empty white box with a spinning progress bar comes up, and stays there forever
  3. even after waiting minutes/hours no photos or albums appear to choose from
  4. I tried with local renderer or a Samsung TV which normally both work with (local) photo streaming from BubbleUPnP

BTW this happens on all my devices (Android 7 - 10), Google Play Music integration works fine.
9th January 2020, 03:44 PM |#15300  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie142

Hello and first of all many thanks for the app. I have been a user of the pro version for many years.

Now my question: I cannot get Google Photos cloud integration working in BubbleUPnP.

1. When I click on the Google Photos symbol in the "More"-menu, a dialog appears to choose the account (2 Google accounts on my phone)
  2. After I choose my account, then an empty white box with a spinning progress bar comes up, and stays there forever
  3. even after waiting minutes/hours no photos or albums appear to choose from
  4. I tried with local renderer or a Samsung TV which normally both work with (local) photo streaming from BubbleUPnP

BTW Google Play Music integration works fine.

@ernie142

That's unusual. The spinning bar should spin for a short time then you should see a big dialog asking to authorize BubbleUPnP to access Google Photos.
Has your device anything unusual : rooted, using Magisk Modules, Xposed, a VPN, etc ?
What is your device and Android version ?
9th January 2020, 04:44 PM |#15301  

More
I just used a Motorola Z2 Play with Android 8,nothing unusual except maybe USB debugging enabled.

But the same behavior occurs on all my phones and tablets, Android 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

So maybe it's account related?

But Google Play Music integration works well with BubbleUPnP.

My Google account domain is "googlemail.com", this is maybe a bit unusual.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)