FORUMS

[APP][4.0+][v2.8.3.1] BubbleUPnP - UPnP/DLNA/Chromecast Control Point and Renderer

6,458 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,440

By bubbleguuum, Senior Member on 10th June 2011, 09:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th February 2020, 06:01 AM |#15371  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Google Play Music station list is no longer updating properly
Previously, when I navigated to Cloud > Google Music > Stations the app would show a reverse chronological list of all GPM stations. If I wanted to add a new station and make it available to BubbleUPnP, I just needed to create/start a station in the official GPM app, then go back to B-UPnP and reload the station list. Because the list was reverse chronological, the new station would then be at the top of the list. In the past few months, the station list doesn't appear to be in any recognizable order and I can't use the previously working technique to add station. In fact, I'm not sure the station list is updating at all, but the list is so large it would be difficult to go through the entire list to look for new additions. Is there a solution?
10th February 2020, 05:54 PM |#15372  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmstlist

I've had BubbleUPnP Server installed on my PC for the longest time. Recently I have noticed the Android app is not detecting it anymore. I have tried reinstalling, stop/starting the service, but Android simply isn't detecting the server. Any idea how to proceed from here?

@cmstlist

For checking in Android BubbleUPnP the server presence, are you looking at More > Chromecast transcoding, or something else ?

- first check that the server is running properly by going to its web config interface
- verify that the firewall on your PC isnot blocking incoming connections on local ports from within the LAN for process BubbleUPnPServer.exe (if using the Windows service installer)
- if possible, check if running BubbleUPnP on another Android device detects it
- check if Android BubbleUPnP detects other UPnP devices running on your PC. You can install Serviio for testing if necessary
10th February 2020, 05:59 PM |#15373  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samnada

Been using BubbleUPnP for years with few problems. Recently changed my server/renderer setup and now I'm getting occasional, random clicking and popping noises when playing music. Sometimes plays clean for a while and then I'll hear the clicks almost like what you'd hear on a vinyl record. The recordings are all perfectly clean digital files. Clicks don't happen in the same place during a track, they're quite random and can be spaced out by 5 or 10 minutes then can come in sporadic single clicks or groups.

Here's the setup:
Windows 10 on a laptop running either Windows Media Player or Foobar2000 as the renderer, connected to my AVR via HDMI. Server is Serviio running on another Windows 10 desktop PC which is where the music files are. Both the laptop and PC have wired network connections. BubbleUPnP is running on a Pixel 3.

Now here's the kicker. If I play tracks on the laptop directly in either WMP or Foobar I get no clicks. I only get the clicks when using BubbleUPnP on my phone to play through the laptop. I've also tried configuring both WMP and Foobar on the laptop as the server and renderer, with the files still being on the PC hard drive, but no change, still get clicks when using BubbleUPnP on the Pixel, so Serviio isn't the culprit. Also, if I use the Foobar remote control app on the Pixel to control Foobar on the laptop I get no clicks. Originally I had the BubbleUPnP server running on the PC but when the clicks started happening I eventually stopped it to see if that was the issue, but no change, if I use BubbleUPnP on the Pixel to play tracks through the laptop I get clicks.

I've tried changing the priority of WMP and Foobar to both "High" and "Realtime" on the laptop, and also stopped as many background apps and services as possible but no change. The wifi connection to the Pixel is rock solid, I'm 15 ft from the antenna with clear line of sight and get over 400 Mbps internet speed, so its not a weak wifi signal on the phone.

Any advice or suggestions? If a log file would help I can send one. Thanks.

@samnada

Difficult to say. Can you send me a log file playing a problematic track to your renderer until you hear the glitches, so I can see what exactly is being sent to the renderer ? See first post of this topic for logging instructions.
10th February 2020, 06:05 PM |#15374  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veazer

Previously, when I navigated to Cloud > Google Music > Stations the app would show a reverse chronological list of all GPM stations. If I wanted to add a new station and make it available to BubbleUPnP, I just needed to create/start a station in the official GPM app, then go back to B-UPnP and reload the station list. Because the list was reverse chronological, the new station would then be at the top of the list. In the past few months, the station list doesn't appear to be in any recognizable order and I can't use the previously working technique to add station. In fact, I'm not sure the station list is updating at all, but the list is so large it would be difficult to go through the entire list to look for new additions. Is there a solution?

@Veazer

Looking into it.

EDIT: confirm it will be fixed in next app update, ordered from most recent station to least recent, exactly as on the web Google Music site in Music Library > Stations > Recent Stations.
The current order is in modified order: from most recently modified station to less recent, hence the apparent random order.
10th February 2020, 09:10 PM |#15375  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum

@samnada

Difficult to say. Can you send me a log file playing a problematic track to your renderer until you hear the glitches, so I can see what exactly is being sent to the renderer ? See first post of this topic for logging instructions.

I'm mystified. For the last several days I've been getting the clicks consistently, today been playing music for a couple of hours using BubbleUPnP on the phone and it's clean as a whistle. I'll monitor and send a log if it happens again. Thanks.
10th February 2020, 09:58 PM |#15376  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

@Veazer

Looking into it.

EDIT: confirm it will be fixed in next app update, ordered from most recent station to least recent, exactly as on the web Google Music site in Music Library > Stations > Recent Stations.
The current order is in modified order: from most recently modified station to less recent, hence the apparent random order.

I'm confused by what you mean by "most recently modified station". If I pick a single track, right-click it and choose "Start Radio", then I've created a station - I don't know of any way to modify it after creation. But regardless, it still isn't showing at the top or bottom of the station list. Adding a station to the media library, whether user created or via the 'browse stations' section, also doesn't seem to add it to either end of the list. Anyway, i'll wait for the next release and test again. Thank you!
10th February 2020, 11:32 PM |#15377  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,692

More
Quote:

When Chromecast transcoding is enabled and Android Bubble UPnP sends an image to Chromecast, BubbleUPnP Server transcodes and caches (to file) that image to 1080p so the Chromecast loads it faster (and even faster on subsequent access due to the caching). So something is definitely not working here. I just tested on my setup and it works though.
Can you send me ([email protected]) the BubbleUPnP Server log file (if you installed the package: /root/.bubbleupnpserver/BubbleUPnPServer.log.0, otherwise in the install folder) ,
just after attempting to send an image to Chromecast with transcoding enabled.

Thanks for the guidance. I'm wondering if encoding speed (which I have set for faster or fastest) could be a factor. I'll dig into this once I sort out my access to the server.

Quote:

Chromecast integrated and dongle should behave the same in theory but not always true in practice:

- Dongle does not run on Android and uses FFmpeg for decoding
- Integrated runs on Android and uses Android video decoding APIs

Also both are not on the same firmware, do not use the same Chrome version (not sure what Integrated Chromecast uses, maybe the stock Android Chrome based WebView ?)

So difficult to say what's going on on the the Integrated Chromecast but surely a combination of the above and a decoding issue regarding aspect ratio.
Or the WebView not playing nice. Who knows.

Maybe you can look if you can workaround it using the aspect ratio controls of your TV using its remote.

It may indeed be difficult to say what is going on in the integrated chromcasts but those differences you describe about decoding methods and firmware do seem like they could be factors in sizing and placing the video. I had already checked the TV settings to find that the screen resizing options were not available in that particular input mode. No worries. I did not even know the TV had inegrated chromcast when I got it and it plays most newer media OK, and I can just as well use the dongle.

Quote:

Assuming you want to access Kodi via BubbleUPnP Server from a remote network via the Internet (mobile, other WiFi), you must make sure that

- port 58050 and 58051 (if connecting via https) are not blocked by a firewall on your Ubuntu machine (and router)
- on your WiFi router facing the Internet, these ports are redirected to the LAN ip address of your Ubuntu machine (on the same ports)

=> If both conditions are met, the 'Internet connectivity test' should pass in the BubbleUPnP Server configuration UI.

I might not have clarified (and my post was voluminous): The problem is not through WAN (where I have forwarding sorted out for remote camera access and other things) but through the LAN, and Kodi is out of the picture. I'm just trying to use the bubble server for ecoding (as I had been before I broke things). The bubble server is happy except for not seeing the renderers and the Bubble app which can see the renderers is happy apart from not seeing the server. There seems to be little doubt this occurred when I installed "firewall-config" on ubuntu. I think it made a change it should not have (?blocking protocal or port?) or maybe I did something but I don’t know what. It's bizarre. Flush IP tables on Ubuntu = good access between Bubble app on Android and bubble server on Linux but no internet access via VPN so whatever I need to fix should be revealed by exploring what is being flushed. In any event, far from a bubble issue.

Thanks for far more helpful advise than was was needed inform development of the app.
11th February 2020, 12:57 AM |#15378  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 519

More
Hmm. I think I found it. Yes I'm using the Windows service, but I did not see any listing for BubbleUPnPServer.exe at all in Windows Defender > Allowed Applications. After manually adding it, now Bubble can see the server 🎉🎉🎉

It's just weird cause I've had this software for years and only recently did it stop connecting to the server.

Quote:

@cmstlist

For checking in Android BubbleUPnP the server presence, are you looking at More > Chromecast transcoding, or something else ?

- first check that the server is running properly by going to its web config interface
- verify that the firewall on your PC isnot blocking incoming connections on local ports from within the LAN for process BubbleUPnPServer.exe (if using the Windows service installer)
- if possible, check if running BubbleUPnP on another Android device detects it
- check if Android BubbleUPnP detects other UPnP devices running on your PC. You can install Serviio for testing if necessary

11th February 2020, 03:30 AM |#15379  
Thanks Meter: 951

More
Quote:

@Fif_

I've only tested with SandHook (rather than Yahfa). It is probable BubbleUPnP does not detect EdXposed/Yahfa, hence no 'Audio Cast' entry in settings.
I will look into it, but can you try SandHook instead ?

Quote:

@nift4

Can you try v3.4.2 that was just released ? It is supposed to recognize Yafha but I could not test it on my device as only Sandhook works on it.

I can confirm that BubbleUPnP 3.4.2 AudioCast works on Pie with YAFHA. (OnePlus 7 Pro, OOS 9.5.13, Magisk 20.3, Riru Core 19.6, Riru EdXposed YAFHA 0.4.5.1_beta (4463), EdXposed Manager 4.5.4, BubbleUPnP AudioCast 1.0).
Thanks for the great support as always.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fif_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fif_ Ad-Free
11th February 2020, 10:48 AM |#15380  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
@bubbleguuum I'm on SandHook again (it's less stable on my ROM but it does not overheat) and BubbleUPnP 3.4.2 does not detect it
11th February 2020, 03:04 PM |#15381  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nift4

@bubbleguuum I'm on SandHook again (it's less stable on my ROM but it does not overheat) and BubbleUPnP 3.4.2 does not detect it

@nift4

Did you install the BubbleUPNP Audio Cast module and reboot after that?
If yes

- does the EdXposed logs show any error (if so, please post it).
- what error is displayed in More > Audio Cast ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)