Volume rocker - works only on hard press

Search This thread

remusator

Jul 5, 2012
Hello,
my volume rocker is going for retire.
Firstly, month ago my volume up was not working. Actually it was, but i had to press harder and harder...
Now volume down is also infected, and stopped working normally. I have to press harder.

Has anybody experienced this ? Do i need new button, or also ribbon flex cable ?

Reamox

Jan 11, 2012
Bar
I have the same thing here on my 2 years old ds... Though it's not really hard to press (maybe twice as normal), and is only on volume down button... Dunno about what to do... :D

Sent from my Desire S using xda premium

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
Hello,
Firstly, month ago my volume up was not working. Actually it was, but i had to press harder and harder...
Now volume down is also infected, and stopped working normally. I have to press harder.

Has anybody experienced this ? Do i need new button, or also ribbon flex cable ?

Search Youtube for the DS Tear-down video. You can get to the volume buttons quite easily. It may be that dust has got under them, or they may need replacing. If they do need to be replaced then it's only a fairly small component - I'll try to dig something out for you.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Teardown video

HTC Desire S S510e Side Volume + Power Switch Button Set Repair Part ZVMA228 - just as an example.

remusator

Jul 5, 2012
Thanks, i will definitely look into it.
But probably after i get new phone. I don't want to stay without any.

NiXEGaming

Dec 6, 2014
So is mine. Exercise your fingers,or use nails to rock the volume. Yer rockers are set for doom in about a year. No kidding.

Sent from my SM-T210R using XDA Free mobile app

Kavute

Jan 9, 2016
I think this is the only problem of my good ol DS.
I might try the teardown when I have time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Search Youtube for the DS Tear-down video. You can get to the volume buttons quite easily. It may be that dust has got under them, or they may need replacing. If they do need to be replaced then it's only a fairly small component - I'll try to dig something out for you.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Teardown video

HTC Desire S S510e Side Volume + Power Switch Button Set Repair Part ZVMA228 - just as an example.