What do I need to know in order to root my phone?

Search This thread

Zeala

May 16, 2014
I have never rooted any android phone so far. I'm really good at computers/technology in general and I do know the basics of programming and im still learning about it. anyways this is my phone:

Model Number: GT-N7100
Android version: 4.3
Baseband version: N7100XXUENA3

I've been reading quite a lot about rooting and such so I do have an idea. Is there anything I need to know? I would like to know how to recover my phone in case of soft bricking and all possible circumstances of rooting my phone. I read the dr.ketan 4.3 android guide and it seemed over-simplified? Is it really that easy or is someone expected to have some knowledge before following the guide?

Mohammed779

Dec 28, 2012
Rooting is more like the access to system files and that's it..

It would be good if you install TWRP or Philz recovery which will allow you to backup and/or install new ROMs and such..

Some apps require root access to do their jobs however some apps might use it to steal from your phone or just break it so you need to be careful about that.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
In general it's easy. Although gone are the days of limited security to overcome and the ability to hide (for warranty purposes) the more serious custom activity. AFAIK rooting is still simple enough and fully reversible.

The things to be cautious with are odin and anything related to bootloader changes.

The things to be aware of are that flashing custom roms will very, very often require a full data wipe - so too do the troubleshooting guides if anything goes wrong.

I recommend you should make sure you have a good copy (md5 checked) fully stock rom matching your current one. And a working copy of odin installed and check you can connect to it properly (just don't flash anything!) This is often your "if all elses fails" tool.

Read twice, double check your files, and trust no one person unless they're recognised.

eddytan95

May 18, 2012
I have never rooted any android phone so far. I'm really good at computers/technology in general and I do know the basics of programming and im still learning about it. anyways this is my phone:

Model Number: GT-N7100
Android version: 4.3
Baseband version: N7100XXUENA3

I've been reading quite a lot about rooting and such so I do have an idea. Is there anything I need to know? I would like to know how to recover my phone in case of soft bricking and all possible circumstances of rooting my phone. I read the dr.ketan 4.3 android guide and it seemed over-simplified? Is it really that easy or is someone expected to have some knowledge before following the guide?

there are ways of rooting phone...flashing rom...

just follow their steps clearly and don't try anything w/o any expert advise??

herculespang

Apr 2, 2013
Search for root note 2, you can find tons of video guide. Spend some time to view it then you couldn't have done it wrong

Sent from my SM-P605 using XDA Free mobile app