The OnePlus 6 is officially on sale! Buy now →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[THEME]How we can make Background for all Tabs (MANILA V3).

391 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By nanoo-eg, Senior Member on 8th March 2009, 08:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th March 2009, 03:07 AM |#11  
Flag Regina
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoo-eg

Default [THEME]How we can make Background for all Tabs (MANILA V3).
I will try to explain how we can make backgrounds for all tabs for the new manila V3.

First from all we choice a wallpaper which can give good looking at portrait and landscape mode.
Wallpaper must be dark color (Black, dark Grey, Blue dark e.t.c) because the light fonts let a line to look at the background.

LOL! Now that you made ur fonts bold, I saw that you have already mentioned this hahah thanks again.

10th March 2009, 07:54 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:

From the moment which portrait and landscape are different files, you can fix all the problems in photoshop so as you have the best quality for every mode.

Well, my photos all do have the same quality, they just look different in portrait and landscape, look above.
10th March 2009, 11:18 AM |#13  
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 20

More
is there any other way to convert PNG > QTC .. i'm having a hard time with m9editor as it crashes every time with "memory corrupt" error

found a solution.. using CFC 0.46 to replace files
10th March 2009, 11:26 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Default [THEME]How we can make Background for all Tabs (MANILA V3).
I will try to explain how we can make backgrounds for all tabs for the new manila V3.

First from all we choice a wallpaper which can give good looking at portrait and landscape mode.
Wallpaper must be dark color (Black, dark Grey, Blue dark e.t.c) because the light fonts let a line to look at the background.

Yep I have the same thin line here in portrait mode.
Actually I don´t understand very well this part, the fonts are the reason why we have the thin line? And Kieboy's background is almost black and he have the thin line problem...So the darkness of the image is not the solution...
10th March 2009, 11:58 AM |#15  
Flag Kyiv

More
"the thin line"
as far as i understood it's because of the way the image was trimmed. There's a missing pixel(visible in the screenshot) which amounts for the black column.it's happening when we paste the trimmed piece to the blank transparent 512x512/512x256 png.Aligning the png's respectively with each other (left png aligned right, right to the left) made the thin red line disappear.
does it mean that in photoshop we gotta add a pixel more width(trimming for landscape mode)? or we trim by the recipe but salt it(align) it to our taste!?
10th March 2009, 12:03 PM |#16  
Flag Regina

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf420

"the thin line"
as far as i understood it's because of the way the image was trimmed. There's a missing pixel(visible in the screenshot) which amounts for the black column.
aligning the png's respectively with each other (left png aligned right, right to the left) made the thin red line disappear.
does it mean that in photoshop we gotta add a pixel more width(trimming for landscape mode)? or we trim by the recipe but salt it(align) it to our taste!?

right to left, left to right? err...i think my thin line appears in the 'Portrait' mode not landscape...
10th March 2009, 12:04 PM |#17  
Flag Kyiv

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieboy

right to left, left to right? err...i think my thin line appears in the 'Portrait' mode not landscape...

for potrait.. push the upper image down a pixel.. lower image up a pixel..

logic : make sure (zoom in 200%photoshop while creating the png) that there's no missing pixel row(portrait mode)/column(landscape mode) It's all in alignment.

Nanoo-eg told us to align it likewise..he marked it up with yellow lines. but we all (with thin black line issues) have seemed to miss it

THANKS Nanoo-eg!
10th March 2009, 12:22 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:

logic : make sure (zoom in 200%photoshop while creating the png) that there's no missing pixel row(portrait mode)/column(landscape mode) It's all in alignment.

Nanoo-eg told us to align it likewise..he marked it up with yellow lines. but we all (with thin black line issues) have seemed to miss it

THANKS Nanoo-eg!

I think this will solve the problem.

Naw there is Mun_ras CAB, but it isn't possible to customise your backround like we make manual.
So if someone can make it manual, its match better.
I like MUN_RAS cab but from 20 wallpapers I can use only 2 as well.

I prefer the classic black looking of the HD (blackston ), so I think to make a theme for my self, with other Portrait background and other landscape. I need more business looking at the portrait mode.
10th March 2009, 12:22 PM |#19  
Flag Kyiv

More
i think the way around isn't working. sorry for so many posts and misguiding. but each post is after a try. and it all has failed!

trying to increase a pixel while trimming the pieces.. hope it helps!

checkout the screenshots to see the failed attempt
10th March 2009, 12:22 PM |#20  
Flag Regina

More
Quote:

THANKS Nanoo-eg!

So you mean with a 512x512 upper image, I will push down, resulting to the top part missing a pixel? (granting image was cropped exactly) or you mean that the lowest pixel 512 must have the pixel line found in 511? (confusing? lol) and vice versa. THANKS!
10th March 2009, 12:39 PM |#21  
Flag Regina

More
wow that is one nasty cut there my friend, but i dont experience that one...or at least not noticeable...i only get a line in the portrait mode...will test out solutions later...on the way home
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_3.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	165114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_5.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	165116  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)