Can not write to microSD?

Search This thread

koolcat7

Jun 8, 2011
I'm having a problem reguaring writing to microSD in certain applications. I am rooted and unlocked but stuck s-on for now (whelp message).

I saw someone saying to have app permissions to write to external sd you do NOT need to be s-off? I'm running Cap'n Throwbacks Stock rooted rom and do not have these permissions in the apps I use to download directly to external SD.

So whats going on? Is it a rom issue or an easy fix?

koolcat7

Jun 8, 2011

rodelisdeman

Jan 8, 2011
Android KitKat let's you use two runtime environments, namely Dalvik and ART. Dalvik is the default runtime, while ART is a new runtime which should be faster but is not supported by many apps and breaks ART. You can choose between ART and Dalvik in the developer setting (to enable just go setting/about and click a few times on the build number). I myself still use Dalvik because it allows for Xposed to work. If you have no problem with how it is now I suggest you leave it as it is and you will have no problem!

koolcat7

Jun 8, 2011
Android KitKat let's you use two runtime environments, namely Dalvik and ART. Dalvik is the default runtime, while ART is a new runtime which should be faster but is not supported by many apps and breaks ART. You can choose between ART and Dalvik in the developer setting (to enable just go setting/about and click a few times on the build number). I myself still use Dalvik because it allows for Xposed to work. If you have no problem with how it is now I suggest you leave it as it is and you will have no problem!

Excellent info, thank you! I may just leave it as it is, depending on which apps it would affect. Can you go back to how it was via nandroid backup before the mod? I'd like to try but I don't want to mess anything up that I cannot undo.

rodelisdeman

Jan 8, 2011
You can install/deinstall the Xposed framework whenever you like. The Xposed installer gives you the option to enable the framework but also to delete it if unnecessary.

koolcat7

Jun 8, 2011
You can use the Xposed framework found here http://xdaforums.com/xposed/framework-xposed-rom-modding-modifying-t1574401 . But beware that this breaks ART support. Then after applying the Xposed framework you can download and enable a module called HandleExternalStorage. This fixed all SD card problems for me.

I did exactly what you said, all seemed to work well. But in ttorrent app where I am selecting save directory as external SD, still get this error (see in red text at bottom of pic).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-15-09-58-49.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-15-09-58-49.png
    206 KB · Views: 31

rodelisdeman

Jan 8, 2011
Please double check if it is enabled inside the modules tab in Xposed installers as I am able to select my SD card with tTorrent myself.

Reactions: koolcat7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please double check if it is enabled inside the modules tab in Xposed installers as I am able to select my SD card with tTorrent myself.