Unlock your Samsung i5500 (Where is my /efs?) [UPDATE]

833 posts
Thanks Meter: 409

By tweakradje, Senior Member on 4th November 2010, 12:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th May 2011, 09:27 PM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i've read all the thread but i'm still not sure about something... is the "safe method" from the first page really safe? if it bricks the phone, will i still be able to reflash it so it will keep working?

some posts made me really confuse about it

25th May 2011, 05:34 AM |#232  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hey guys i am fool enough not to read all the post and did that dd trick in on my phone just after reading 2 pages of this thread and now im one of the proud members who have a brick phone. good thing my unit still comes with a warranty and i gonna be taking this to the samsung shop tomorrow so if anyone one of you has a tricks on their sleeve as long as it wont brick my phone for good as in 100% like the other members did in the earlier post im in.. by the way for those who's looking for a stl5 file i attached mine maybe someones interested to scrutinize this sensitive peace of file. another thing to anyone who is trying to perform this trick.. don't take off the battery without shutting down your phone because that's what happends to mine. my phone still working after the process and i still manage to insert a sim and enter the lock code but when i revert back to my original sim i just took of the battery without shutting down and that's where the disasters starts.
Attached Files
File Type: rar stl5.rar - [Click for QR Code] (40.8 KB, 110 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to box2joe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift box2joe Ad-Free
25th May 2011, 10:03 AM |#233  

More
hey guys i got one question can this device Z3X-Box Samsung Edition can flash or repair our EFS successfully?

sorry i can't post a link for the said product but you can google it if you want..
25th May 2011, 01:16 PM |#234  

More
Lightbulb Unlock ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweakradje

Since I can't give up on this one I digged a little further into my i5500 memory.

EDIT: SAFE METHOD Did it again on april 8 2011, it works! Stick to the commands.

Guess what? I f.ckin did it. Big hoora. I'am good I know Thank you!

Code:
- root your phone
- adb shell
- su
- cd /
- mount root rw (did it with root explorer) or use command mount -o remount,rw /
- mkdir /efs
- mount -o nosuid,ro,nodev -t vfat /dev/block/stl5 /efs
(from another phone /etc/fstab says: mount rfs /dev/block/stl5 /efs nosuid nodev check=no)
- cat /efs/mits/perso.txt
- umount /efs
- reboot
EDIT: stl5 is es-tee-el-five (like STL5)

You will see some numbers: In my case 20404 for Vodafone NL.
Then you will see your SP unlock code followed by some 000000000 codes and another
code. Write the first one (and second just in case) down.

Shut down the phone and put it a "locked" sim. Start your phone, input the pin, and when asked for a unlock code give it the first code. Your phone is now unlocked.

Cheers

Has any one tried it for Galaxy Gio S5660 or Mini or any other variant with android 2.2 etc ?????
25th May 2011, 01:22 PM |#235  

More
you can try it yourself if you are ready to brick your phone... most of us here have a brick phone after then process..
25th May 2011, 02:25 PM |#236  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by box2joe

you can try it yourself if you are ready to brick your phone... most of us here have a brick phone after then process..

No man, don't wanna brick my phone. Just want to get it unlocked though ! What seems to me here is that all those who used dd command got bricked?? What about the "safe method" (post #6) of backing up the efs ???? can someone confirm bricking on that too ??
26th May 2011, 04:23 PM |#237  

More
I'm not sure with the safe mode. i haven't got the chance to try it myself. currently my phone is in service and they said that their going to replace the motherboard of the phone. if you still have a warranty for your unit you can try it. just to make sure that you'll be getting a free fix of your phone if something bad might happends if the warranty service no longer cover your unit you better not try it and rather pay for someone to unlock the unit in a safest way. otherwise you'll going to have a nice paperweight if you insist and something wrong happens.
26th May 2011, 04:40 PM |#238  
OP Senior Member
Flag Android

More
Post 6 is the ONLY way to do it without risk. But you need to stick to the instructions. Nothing more, nothing less.

DON'T do anything with the dd command or any other command that is not listed in post 6.

If you cannot perform actions from post 6 let someone help you with more experience.

Cheers
26th May 2011, 05:44 PM |#239  

More
@ tweakradje: at post #6 did you execute all the commands on ADB or on root explorer? i was kinda confused with the instructions given i'm not good with codes...
26th May 2011, 09:56 PM |#240  
OP Senior Member
Flag Android

More
I changed the step of mounting the root rw in post 6. Is it clear now?
Cheers
28th May 2011, 02:58 PM |#241  

More
super manager
Hey guys,
I managed to root my galaxy gio with soc 1.9.1. Then installed Super Manager to explore the root. But i dont see any /efs directory and neither /mits/perso.txt

I have root permissions though. its froyo 2.2.1

ANy help ???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
efs, i5500, nv_data.bin, unlock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)