Unlock your Samsung i5500 (Where is my /efs?) [UPDATE]

832 posts
Thanks Meter: 407

By tweakradje, Senior Member on 4th November 2010, 12:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th August 2011, 03:00 AM |#311  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I have the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Ace.

Would it be accepted for repair (from Samsung) if it's stuck in the boot loop?

thanks

13th August 2011, 08:26 AM |#312  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
how to fix screen flashing on startup and nothing happens?
i've tried to flash it with firmware but it's not flashable.
16th August 2011, 12:28 AM |#313  

More
Hi all have been following this thread and it seems like theres been a lot of bricked phones using the method described at the start of this thread, I personally have a galaxy 5 (europa) but am too scared to try this method--too risky, however have come across another potential method:
see this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1204705&page=5
someone on post number 50 states they have managed to unlock their galaxy ACE using some software from:
http://search.4shared.com/q/1/galaxy...earchMainField

I know the guy in post 50 mentions he unlocked his galaxy ACE with the above file/software but would this work for the galaxy 5? the post talks about the same method of unlocking the galaxy ace being the same for the galaxy 5.
Could someone help, perhaps you super clever android users /developers will know if this will work for the galaxy 5 (europa)
Anybody out there who can help???
16th August 2011, 11:31 PM |#314  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampires.remembered

Steps

1. Root your phone with: Universal Androot (I used this one) or z4root
2. Install application [.apk]: SU File Manager & Terminal (I used this one)
3. Run SUBFS (SU File Manager & Terminal)
4. Select Terminal
Enter this in Terminal:

Code:
su
dd if=/dev/block/stl5 of=/sdcard/stl5.rfs
5. Open /sdcard/stl5.rfs (or copy it to PC and open it from there) with winimage (free download) or similar.
6. Extract from it the file: mits/perso.txt
7. Open: perso.txt. You will find an 8 digit code. This is your Network Unlock code.
8. Insert an unaccepted SIM card (from a locked carrier). Your phone will ask you for the Network Unlock code.
9. Insert the 8 digit code (Network Unlock code) from perso.txt.
10. Thank tweakradje!

That's it!

Thx, working with GT-i5510
17th August 2011, 05:38 PM |#315  

More
Have you a backup of your efs ? Have you been able to reflash your efs ?

I used dd to extract the stl5.rfs raw file system and got the perso.txt file from it. But I did not dd the stl5.rfs back to the phone. I think this is why my i5500 is also bricked. I believe that Odin knows where each kind of filesystem goes in the phone, so I am attempting to add my stl5.rfs into one of the tar files and use the one package option which I have a copy of so that I can put it back. I ave used Odin to flash the phone many times, Odin says success, but until I get the stl5.rfs back where it shouldbe I dont think the phone is gonna get past the boot loop.
17th August 2011, 07:53 PM |#316  

More
For all those who have soft-bricked your phone (as I did) and lost your IMEI, follow these steps, and remember to give it 5 minutes. I tried this method without waiting for 5 minutes and it didn't work, be patient and wait the full 5 minutes before you pull the battery.

Phone must be rooted, Super One Click or Androot will do the job. ADB on to your phone in normal mode, no recovery.

Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/stl5.rfs of=/dev/block/stl5
reboot
Now wait 5 minutes. Your phone's screen will be blank, but it won't restart. This is fine, wait 5 minutes. Not 4, 5 minutes, clear? After 5 minutes, pull the battery and power up your phone. Now should be restored. This is confirmed as working on the soft brick. I even soft bricked it again on purpose to make sure. It does work, but the 5 minutes after the copy of the stl5 is important. Also your phone MUST be rooted, and you must be superuser.
17th August 2011, 08:01 PM |#317  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlloyd1983

For all those who have soft-bricked your phone (as I did) and lost your IMEI, follow these steps, and remember to give it 5 minutes. I tried this method without waiting for 5 minutes and it didn't work, be patient and wait the full 5 minutes before you pull the battery.

Phone must be rooted, Super One Click or Androot will do the job. ADB on to your phone in normal mode, no recovery.

Code:
su
reboot
Now wait 5 minutes. Your phone's screen will be blank, but it won't restart. This is fine, wait 5 minutes. Not 4, 5 minutes, clear? After 5 minutes, pull the battery and power up your phone. Now should be restored. This is confirmed as working on the soft brick. I even soft bricked it again on purpose to make sure. It does work, but the 5 minutes after the copy of the stl5 is important. Also your phone MUST be rooted, and you must be superuser.

Just as a sidenote, once you have a stl5.rfs on your sdcard, you can use image reading software (Winimage works well) on it to navigate to the perso.txt and get your unlock code.
18th August 2011, 03:24 AM |#318  
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Interesting behaviour. Has anyone dared to dd the corresponding BML device instead? Being lower-level than STL, it should eliminate STL being the cause. It's at best yet another to-brick-or-not-to-brick coinflip though.

Anything to be seen in dmesg after a dd of either the BML or STL device?
18th August 2011, 10:39 AM |#319  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks for the info and i have one question..if the phone can enter in download mode, its possible to fix the phone without jtag? i tried to replace the corrupt stl5 and now the phone flash continuously with the samsung logo and nothing else! I try to reflash with Odin but the problem remains..Somebody have a solution? Or only Riff box can handle this? thx
21st August 2011, 03:13 PM |#320  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlloyd1983

Code:
su
reboot

Mate, Didnt work. Rebooted instant on a Galaxy Gio. Looks like ill be wiping the block section and sending it to samsung...
29th August 2011, 06:23 AM |#321  
Montréal
Thanks Meter: 503

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellulater

Looks like ill be wiping the block section and sending it to samsung...

If it's not too late: would you look at this, flash the CWM-based recovery, and dd your EFS partition back on the phone while in recovery mode?

It could give us a clue as to the exact moment the corruption occurs.

It might solve the problem, or tell us that the solution lies elsewhere...

FWIW, I've managed to dd my stl5 partition on a Gio 5660M to the SD card without wiping my IMEI by doing it while in recovery mode. Problem is that I haven't found my IMEI in the extracted image yet...

Goodbye,

Darkshado
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
efs, i5500, nv_data.bin, unlock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)