BetterBatteryStats says my wifi is running 100% of the time?

Search This thread

RCizzle65

Sep 22, 2012
The ROM I'm on is ParanoidAndroid 3.99-RC2 on an AT&T Galaxy S3. I've been having battery problems for awhile on this phone, but after upgrading to this, it has just gotten much worse. I take a look at BetterBatteryStats and it says my wifi is running all the time. I don't have wifi on most of the time, and I've reset the phone and it is still occurring.

eatkabab

Jan 4, 2007
The ROM I'm on is ParanoidAndroid 3.99-RC2 on an AT&T Galaxy S3. I've been having battery problems for awhile on this phone, but after upgrading to this, it has just gotten much worse. I take a look at BetterBatteryStats and it says my wifi is running all the time. I don't have wifi on most of the time, and I've reset the phone and it is still occurring.

I'm on task650's most recent 4.3 ROM and I got the same issue. Its draining 10% batt every hour. Killing me. Reinstalling the ROM or resetting did not help. It has in the past but not this time.

pc103

Jul 7, 2007

Is it the wlan_rx_wake stat? This came up on mine last week and I found a solution.

pc103

Jul 7, 2007
wlan_rx_wake solution

What was your solution?

For wlan_rx_wake, the research was saying this error is triggered by settings and/or background activity on 1 or more particular wlans you connect on (not by anything on your phone). Different posters saw it draining their battery on their school, work or home wifi networks accordingly.

I took 2 approaches: Since it was my home network, I disabled the UPnP service on my main router. I also separately configured a static IP (one that is outside the range of automatic addresses) on my phone for the home wifi connection using the "Modify network config" command available by long pressing an SSID in the list on Wifi settings. It worked. 1.4% / hour overnight drain is restored. (It had risen to 4%).

Both approaches isolate the phone from some types of network broadcast activity that triggers excessive wake time.

Reactions: dagger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For me, seems working this operation
    Go to WiFi settings-> Advanced-> Uncheck "Scanning always available"

Credits to @phanitej for this post
    wlan_rx_wake solution

What was your solution?

For wlan_rx_wake, the research was saying this error is triggered by settings and/or background activity on 1 or more particular wlans you connect on (not by anything on your phone). Different posters saw it draining their battery on their school, work or home wifi networks accordingly.

I took 2 approaches: Since it was my home network, I disabled the UPnP service on my main router. I also separately configured a static IP (one that is outside the range of automatic addresses) on my phone for the home wifi connection using the "Modify network config" command available by long pressing an SSID in the list on Wifi settings. It worked. 1.4% / hour overnight drain is restored. (It had risen to 4%).

Both approaches isolate the phone from some types of network broadcast activity that triggers excessive wake time.