[Q] downgrade to 534 Stock from nut's prerooted 136 rom

Search This thread

zigero

May 18, 2014
So i managed to install nut's prerooted Rom 14.2.A.1.136 Android 4.3 and Dualrecovery . Everything works flawlessly. Will donate some money to that guy for sure.

Question is, if i decide to downgrade to the stock rom ...534 or upgrade to nut's kitkat prerooted rom, is there any chance to hardbrick the phone ? What's the common procedure to downgrade to the 534 stock rom. Just flash it using flashtool ?

Thanks guys

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Why do you want to downgrade?

Using flashtool (with a full FTF file) will mean you lose root.

If you want to upgrade then just follow the instructions to install it, flash the .zip in recovery and then the stripped FTF.

There really is no need to worry if you follow the instructions.

zigero

May 18, 2014
Why do you want to downgrade?

Using flashtool (with a full FTF file) will mean you lose root.

If you want to upgrade then just follow the instructions to install it, flash the .zip in recovery and then the stripped FTF.

There really is no need to worry if you follow the instructions.

I won't downgrade. Still i wanna know if flashing the 534 stock rom will give me any trouble.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I won't downgrade. Still i wanna know if flashing the 534 stock rom will give me any trouble.

You will lose root if you flash a 534 full FTF

Also, you may lose IMEI number, but that's not a problem as you will get it back when you upgrade. If you are not going to do it, why ask?

Once you have root you do not need to downgrade again to update, just update.

Reactions: zigero

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
thx man appreciate it. Well i'm asking because i am curious , that's all ;)

That's good... I like that!!!

Curiosity is what will lead to more development, and everyone has to start to somewhere. I really appreciate the fact you are trying to learn instead of so many who just want a "quick fix, one button solution!..

welcome to XDA!!!

Bumblecito

Oct 17, 2011
Maybe He needs to downgrade to stock or operator firmware due a warranty situation.

I've downgraded a lot of times to stock .534 and never had any problem. You can root anytime and wherever you want that stock version.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You will lose root if you flash a 534 full FTF

Also, you may lose IMEI number, but that's not a problem as you will get it back when you upgrade. If you are not going to do it, why ask?

Once you have root you do not need to downgrade again to update, just update.
    thx man appreciate it. Well i'm asking because i am curious , that's all ;)