**Boostn*Beats*Audio**GB/ICS/JB**CM9/AOKP/AOSP**AwesomeBEATSv3** Updated 7/31/12**

Search This thread

BoOsT

Jan 6, 2008
Southeast Missouri
Hello,

After installing this on Liquid Jelly Bean RC4 build 10-3-12, per the instructions im supposed to enable both musix FX and Awesome beats, but when I try it only lets me choose 1. I changed it to Awesome Beats and it appears to be working as I do hear a clear difference, but I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

Thanks!

Yes, you are doing it right. However, You can only select one of them. I would suck with the Beats ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Tremulant1

BoOsT

Jan 6, 2008
Southeast Missouri
Were are the folders I can't seem to find them?

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my hand

Open the zip file. The data and the system folder has sub folders look at the files it installs and delete them. What ROM are you running? It would be easier to dirty flash the ROM. Just don't wipe anything beside cache and dalvik. Also fix permissions just in case.

ImEVO

Feb 10, 2011
Peoria
Open the zip file. The data and the system folder has sub folders look at the files it installs and delete them. What ROM are you running? It would be easier to dirty flash the ROM. Just don't wipe anything beside cache and dalvik. Also fix permissions just in case.

I'm talking bout the headiconset.apk...

Sent from my hand

vpsupun

Mar 6, 2012
Colombo
I'm on Slim ROM, previously I had a issue with DSP Manager. When I increase the volume and BASS, a lot of sound distortions happened with noises. This issue was there in CM10 as well ( I don't know that issue still there or not ).

But after flashing this, all those issues gone ( forever i guess :) ). Thanks a lot for this awesome app. :highfive:

Reactions: BoOsT

Helios909

Jan 12, 2011
Installed on SlimBean 2.8 and works incredibly well. Equalizer adjustments no longer cause distortions. Don't noticed anything with loudness compensation (at least over bluetooth), but overall this is highly recommended for audio enthusiasts.

mazdamiata210

Apr 8, 2012
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Not trying to bump an old thread but is there any way possible to port this over to the gt-n7100 note 2? There's all kinds of posts there for beats audio but none of them work with a stock rooted rom.

BoOsT

Jan 6, 2008
Southeast Missouri
Not trying to bump an old thread but is there any way possible to port this over to the gt-n7100 note 2? There's all kinds of posts there for beats audio but none of them work with a stock rooted rom.

I have beats working on my i317. Not sure why it wouldn't work on yours?.... The new firmware caused issues that had to be fixed.

Are you running 4.1.2?

Sent from my i317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Kflan22

Jun 17, 2012
Atlantic City
I flashed it on a 4.2 build not too long ago and I believe it worked by my memory is blurry...

Try it out worse that happens is it doesn't work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Reactions: fezzy102
B

btswein

Anyone try this on CM10.1?

It makes a difference with speaker and headphones, correct?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beats Updated For CM9/AOKP USERS!!!

This is a Beats Audio Port and will work for all Gingerbread Roms, ICS & CM9/AOKP... I have also included the AwesomeBEATSv3 APK!!!The sounds will be more natural, playing with more clarity and bass.

AwesomeBEATS & CM-AOKP can only be installed on CM9 based ROM's!!! (for now)

Thanks to the original Dev's. RockoDev & Fuss132!
    Thanks to ...Awesome... for letting me add his AwesomeBeats Modified DSP manager as well!

...Awesome...'s Thread: CLICK ME!
    Link to more info.CLICK ME!
    Rocko's Thread CLICK ME!
    DONT INSTALL ANY OF ROCKO'S VERSIONS OR YOU WILL BE STUCK AT SAMSUNG SCREEN!!!

Installation Instructions

GB/ICS

1. Mount System
    2. Install ICS-Beatsv2
    3. Install AwesomeBEATSv3
    4. Reboot

CM9/AOKP/AOSP
    1. Mount System
    2. Install CM-AOKP Beats
    3. Install AwesomeBEATSv3
    4. Reboot

CM10
    1. Mount System
    2. Install AwesomeBEATSv3(4.1)
    3. Reboot

MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING!!!

Settings/Sounds/Music Effects/ (enable MusicFX & Awesome Beats)
    I also wanted to say I am NOT ignoring anyone! It is harvest and that means I've got a lot to do 15+ hours a day 7 days a week!! Not much time for the phone. I hope everyone understands!! I can't thank everyone enough for the support you have given me thus far ;)

Can you see the beats logo on the notification window???
    No, no Logo. You just hear it :)
    Nice boost! Glad to see you back bro.. :)

sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA premium

Man its good to have an android back in my hands. It barely fits in them LOL, but now the fun begins :D
    The OP downloads have all been updated. I put in the BEATS icon apk file.

Re-download the files and flash over the exhisting.

Open the apk and enable it I believe. I haven't been able to test it. I'm too busy using my phone lol someone try it out and let me know!

Cant his be removed from the rom once flashed?? any other way..i find my Apple headphones distorting with beats audio.

Shouldn't be to hard to write a script to remove Beats and associated files from your phone. If I have the time I might do this if Boost doesn't Beats me to it. See what I did there. RotfLmfao.