[Q] I broke it!!! I think?

Search This thread
May 16, 2012
total noob and i need help.... here is my problem... I unlocked my new infuse and then rooted the phone. everything was fine fo several hours and all of the sudden it started vibrating and would reset with out turning all the way off. the android drop screen does not function. everytime you try to pull it down it starts the above issue. if a text comes thru it does it again. i did a factory reset and this didnt help. i still have superuser on the phone but cant seem to get phone to function it has power and works to an extent. you can tap apps and go thru most of the phone but it will reset and go back to main screen and vibrate and start process all over.... any ideas. i am a noob and not very technical, prob why my phone is f'ed up right now. using my samsung captivate for now. please help the new guy. i looked for threads with similar issues but found nothing with search bar. thanks ahead of time:confused:

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I'm not familiar with unlocking...i do know if I'm not mistake you have to root first then unlock....but that should not effect your phone...but phones are so different....even though we all have the same model....
I would reload stock and re root....then re unlock....ate you runnning stock or custom rom?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Reactions: noobsamsunginfuse

Clark Joseph Kent

Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
running stock roms, i have no idea how to reload stock 2.2, any ideas?

Why yes glad you asked...check my signature...for the iset page....

You will find a **** ton of info....since your somewhat new...do a lil reading....ok ....do a lot...:)

Look for the one click methods by qkster....although the new odin links are great also....your choice....

And any questions the op for those threads can provide you with great help and you can pm me also...
And don't forget to thank the op dev that provided you with what you need...kk

danteSpec

May 9, 2012
Panama
In that case I like to suggest you to unbrick the cellphone (restore again to FROYO) and test the cellphone... If you do it, you will loose the root, however the unlock will remains

You can re-root the cellphone later... the issue could be also being caused by an app that you had installed :cool:

*** If your cellphone is from AT&T you can use the GTG's Ultimate Unbrick tool, to go back to FROYO

Remember that you must have ODIN to unbrick the cellphone..

Some helpfull links:

Complete Stock (FOR ROGERS USERS ONLY)

GTG's Ultimate Unbrick - Return to stock - For AT&T

May 16, 2012
thanks!!!

Thanks for the info bigjoe2675 & dantespec...well I feel real stupid now... I looked over all that info and its way above my head. is there anyone I can send my phone to that does this type of work and is trustworthy enough not to steal my phone? i have already trashed it once I dont want a $230 paper weight. I also have a Sprint galaxy s2 epic i would like to have flashed to verizon. i have no clue what I am doing and willing to pay to fix my two phones. mine and the ol ball and chains.

Last edited:

Clark Joseph Kent

Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Thanks for the info bigjoe2675 & dantespec...well I feel real stupid now... I looked over all that info and its way above my head. is there anyone I can send my phone to that does this type of work and is trustworthy enough not to steal my phone? i have already trashed it once I dont want a $230 paper weight. I also have a Sprint galaxy s2 epic i would like to have flashed to verizon. i have no clue what I am doing and willing to pay to fix my two phones. mine and the ol ball and chains.

ok,
First not a good Idea...sending your device anywhere. And some advice trust no one, not saying we are not trust worthy around here, but...not a great idea...ok

now lets see what we can do...it would be a great learning experience for you to attempt the task at hand...

May 16, 2012
lmao ok i can try

ok,
First not a good Idea...sending your device anywhere. And some advice trust no one, not saying we are not trust worthy around here, but...not a great idea...ok

now lets see what we can do...it would be a great learning experience for you to attempt the task at hand...

I can try. ok this is what i have installed on my phone.... superuser v2.3.6.1 also rom toolbox pro and ti back up. but i have noidea how to use it. i also hvae odin v1.81 on my cpu

Last edited:

Ryanscool

Aug 30, 2011
Denver
If you can not figure out how to go back to stock, then i know mobiletechvideos. They got my old infuse running again when the usb port got borked. If you need a link ask me, idk were the link is lol. Trust me though, it worked well. Only thing is it costs money. Better off to learn how to do it unless if hardware is actually broken, not software.

Btw you may want to learn how to unbrick and learn your basics before you attempt at doing something like this again. Just making a very logical suggestion.

Last edited:

drnecropolis

Mar 2, 2012
Atlanta
For sure check out the Odin videos... I have a feeling that they are going to come in handy a few times..

Everyone has to start somewhere and we all had to learn, I was really overwhelmed when I first started looking into it, but then it was like "oh! That's it?"

Most people here are super helpful (I'm not... I'm a n00b) but don't be mailing your phones to someone you don't know or anything like that... you're begging for someone to rob ya..

Just take it slow and read, read, read... when you have read enough to have a handle on it.. read some more!

May 16, 2012
For sure check out the Odin videos... I have a feeling that they are going to come in handy a few times..

Everyone has to start somewhere and we all had to learn, I was really overwhelmed when I first started looking into it, but then it was like "oh! That's it?"

Most people here are super helpful (I'm not... I'm a n00b) but don't be mailing your phones to someone you don't know or anything like that... you're begging for someone to rob ya..

Just take it slow and read, read, read... when you have read enough to have a handle on it.. read some more!

Thanks for all the help guys, it worked using odin and youtube.

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

Clark Joseph Kent

Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Thanks for all the help guys, it worked using odin and youtube.

See....what did i tell you...lessons being learned....good **** huh?
Now keep going....slap a custom ROM from one of these great dev we have....

And don't forget to thank the dev that provided you with the odin package....don't thx us we just punted you to threads for you to do learning...k:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In that case I like to suggest you to unbrick the cellphone (restore again to FROYO) and test the cellphone... If you do it, you will loose the root, however the unlock will remains

You can re-root the cellphone later... the issue could be also being caused by an app that you had installed :cool:

*** If your cellphone is from AT&T you can use the GTG's Ultimate Unbrick tool, to go back to FROYO

Remember that you must have ODIN to unbrick the cellphone..

Some helpfull links:

Complete Stock (FOR ROGERS USERS ONLY)

GTG's Ultimate Unbrick - Return to stock - For AT&T
    If you can not figure out how to go back to stock, then i know mobiletechvideos. They got my old infuse running again when the usb port got borked. If you need a link ask me, idk were the link is lol. Trust me though, it worked well. Only thing is it costs money. Better off to learn how to do it unless if hardware is actually broken, not software.

Btw you may want to learn how to unbrick and learn your basics before you attempt at doing something like this again. Just making a very logical suggestion.

I'm not familiar with unlocking...i do know if I'm not mistake you have to root first then unlock....but that should not effect your phone...but phones are so different....even though we all have the same model....
    I would reload stock and re root....then re unlock....ate you runnning stock or custom rom?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium
    running stock roms, i have no idea how to reload stock 2.2, any ideas?

Why yes glad you asked...check my signature...for the iset page....

You will find a **** ton of info....since your somewhat new...do a lil reading....ok ....do a lot...:)

Look for the one click methods by qkster....although the new odin links are great also....your choice....

And any questions the op for those threads can provide you with great help and you can pm me also...
    And don't forget to thank the op dev that provided you with what you need...kk