FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4.4 for the Droid X (2015)

1,390 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,246

By Aaahh, Senior Member on 5th March 2014, 04:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th March 2014, 06:21 AM |#481  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
lol I know they go to CM11. I was just stating what I think might happen in my free time. No clue what I'll exactly be doing yet, but we'll see.
15th March 2014, 06:25 AM |#482  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanguy426

lol I know they go to CM11. I was just stating what I think might happen in my free time. No clue what I'll exactly be doing yet, but we'll see.

Yeah i was playing around half the time, experimenting... and the funny thing was, when it worked at the end, i didnt noticed and was pulling out the battery to sbf, had it ready on my pc...
15th March 2014, 06:54 AM |#483  

More
Quick question; how big is the download for the repo sync for CM11? Been downloading for almost an hour. Not impatient, just wondering
15th March 2014, 07:00 AM |#484  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Think I bricked it
I had Cyanogenmod 9 working . I then followed the instructions on first page starting at number 8 . Flashed TWRP zip and that worked and got booted into that okay, then wiped by doing factory reset, the installed CM11 zip but now all I get is red motorola icon - nothing else . Can't boot into recovery . I tried pulling battery a few times and can't boot into anything other than red motorola icon comes up . Nothing shows up on the computer with RSD lite either.

Is it done for ? I won't cry - was a freebie phone but kind of wish I had stuck with what was working in it - but no pain no gain right ?
15th March 2014, 07:05 AM |#485  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by platypoid

I had Cyanogenmod 9 working . I then followed the instructions on first page starting at number 8 . Flashed TWRP zip and that worked and got booted into that okay, then wiped by doing factory reset, the installed CM11 zip but now all I get is red motorola icon - nothing else . Can't boot into recovery . I tried pulling battery a few times and can't boot into anything other than red motorola icon comes up . Nothing shows up on the computer with RSD lite either.

Is it done for ? I won't cry - was a freebie phone but kind of wish I had stuck with what was working in it - but no pain no gain right ?

Sounds like a soft brick to me... did you do anything that might have affected the bootloader or kernel? Like, try to do a bootloader unlock or kernel switch? If so, yeah. It's a brick, and you need to send it to Moto to reset the Efuse.

Maybe the bootloader isn't realizing that it's plugged in... have you tried Fastboot commands from a command prompt?
15th March 2014, 07:10 AM |#486  
Thanks Meter: 198

More
Nice job! Thanks!

Sent using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Stealth111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stealth111 Ad-Free
15th March 2014, 07:29 AM |#487  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Sbf, no worries. I'm almost done with my app to help along the way...
Quote:

Sounds like a soft brick to me... did you do anything that might have affected the bootloader or kernel? Like, try to do a bootloader unlock or kernel switch? If so, yeah. It's a brick, and you need to send it to Moto to reset the Efuse.

Maybe the bootloader isn't realizing that it's plugged in... have you tried Fastboot commands from a command prompt?

are you trollin'? Soft brick? Fastboot? Soft brick is pretty much only type of brick on a DX, and fastboot doesn't exsist on Dx...
Thats why Development is slow... If fastboot worked, we would have a unlocked boot...
The Following User Says Thank You to Aaahh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aaahh Ad-Free
15th March 2014, 07:34 AM |#488  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaahh

are you trollin'? Soft brick? Fastboot? Soft brick is pretty much only type of brick on a DX, and fastboot doesn't exsist on Dx...
Thats why Development is slow... If fastboot worked, we would have a unlocked boot...

Oh hush. My X just jumped off a cliff and no longer works. So I can't test those things lol Also haven't been active on the X due to my DNA, soo :3
Figures, not soon after I begin the repo sync (1.5 hours ago?) my X dies. That's great -.-
15th March 2014, 07:34 AM |#489  
Quote:

pull battery, hold both volume buttons, insert battery, press power, release buttons when you see bootloader, connect to pc, if rsd lite does not see it, install drivers, flash sbf

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
15th March 2014, 07:36 AM |#490  

More
Also, he can't SBF is RSDLite won't detect the phone. So what now Mr. Smarty pants?
Edit: Did not see the above reply. Never thought of the Drivers, as he said he had them already installed, and I would assume so, seeing as he was already on CM9...
15th March 2014, 07:36 AM |#491  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:

No I didn't try anything other than what I said - maybe the CM 9 version I had in there was not correct. It does not show up in adb or fastboot. I tried holding home button in and after a long time can get the triangle exclamation mark - but nothing else.

I am reading up on efuse - never heard of that before.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11 4.4 kitkat, droidx

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)