CHT Tweaks BETA

Only for Co0kie Home Tab 2.0.0

CHANGE FONT TEXT DIRECTLY TO CHT.2.0.0
USE PNG FILES DIRECTLY TO CHT.2.0.0
new! PIE CONTROL FOR SENSE
new!ONE CLICK TO HIDE THE TASKBAR

Project.png

pie control here & into v100beta

I continue experimenting with Co0kie Home Tab 2.0.0. Mainly CHTtweaks allow to change textures in .png format using the file explorer and give the option to easily change the text font for all CHT elements independently. Aditionally CHTtweaks uses great tool JMLMenuSense to make a setting menu.

CHTtweaks brings major changes as the original files of CHT.2.0.0 lua & mode9 are modified. I am also providing the open source where the changes are marked (--CHTtweaks) in the files as explanation. Feel free to use, modify, edit, mirror, sale, delete or whatever you want to do with this, but always with fun :)

For security also I am providing the original CHT files to restore if necessary. Just copy all files from insode the zip to windows folder, acept overwrite & restart Sense.

The files with changes are the followings:
5950B2CD_manila -- Co0kieNotifyBar.lua ==> added a 3rd layout for text missed calls - sms - emails - voicemail notification, Configurable: text font, size, color, alignment, language, displayed text
5fa4d4b7_manila -- homedigitalclock.lua ==> chose png texture for numbers, colon & background; switch for transparent flipclock-tabs; switch for get out of the midle flipclock line.
4B558519_manila -- CHT_Widgets.lua ==> selectable opacity for home clock background; added 4th layout to textclock: alarm icon only; added 3rd layout text notifications
1EC5924B_manila -- homeAnalogClock.lua ==> chose png texture for analog clock face, hourhand, minutehand & secondshand
new!2AFAFEFA_manila -- CHT_Softkeys.lua ==> chose png texture for the softkeys background; switch for transparent softkeys & softkeys background; switch to dissable the enlargement softkey icon when pressed, work done by devil-strike based on the script of rat_2665 (all credits for them please). Extended CHT menu. Hide taskbar new!
29C5E347_manila -- Co0kieEmail.lua ==> chose png texture for CHT email background independently of Email Sense Tab; change text font
7ECB5997_manila -- Co0kieMessages.lua ==> chose png texture for CHT SMS background; change text font
4956014B_manila -- CHT_Lockscreen.lua ==> chose png texture for the slider unlocker of each CHT lockscreen (Manila, Windows, Mini HD)
6A5D6A2D_manila -- Co0kieMusicPlayer.lua ==> switch transparent CHT music player background; change text font; change background
45E83959_manila -- CHT_Titlebar.lua ==> switch transparent home title bar; set color for other Sense Tab titles (excepting Music Sense Tab & Internet Sense Tab); change text font; switch page indicators to botton screen
5146EC01_manila -- Co0kieAppointments.lua, 45D3F17C_manila -- Co0kieListControl.lua & 094C0231_manila -- Co0kieAppointments.mode9==> switch transparent background for CHT appointment, horizontal alignment & change text font
3ACCF880_manila -- CHT_QuickLinks.lua==> change text font for quicklinks labels; change quiklinks frames
58B6C4C5_manila -- CHT_FreeLinks.lua==> change text font for freelinks labels; change freelinks frames
346BA8F0_manila -- Co0kieTextClock.lua==> change text font for the clock, date & alarm bar widget
6639bcc4_manila -- weatherforhome.lua==> change text font for weather info for home.
6DB6511F_manila -- CHT_Constants.lua==> dock size up to 120px
new! 285d005a_manila -- manila.lua & 3a8e04af_manila -- manila.mode9==> pie control in all sense tabs

CHTtweaks does also add some settings that use to be done in CHTEditor, now you can also do it in CHTtweaks, like disable double flip or minute flip; show seconds hand; set softkey height & menu height; set color for CHT Email text & CHT SMS text; select lockscreen style (0= Manila; 1= Windows; 2= HD Mini)

To restore default manila texture just leave the texture path in blank and restart Sense. CHTtweaks is provided without png textures because it was making so big. I have uploaded a pack CHTtweaks_PNGtextures.rar with some examples, just unpack it in the SD\CHTtweaks folder and select your favorite, delete, add new textures ... and share them with us! I havent done any of this nice graphics. I am taking graphics from NordPolCamper, MrBeO, LNando84, Santod040, jdpl@, _leciel_, S-Droid, Sternas & ericv99. Thank you so much for them! :) Special thanks to LNando84 for all the good work and help with the setting menu.

Installation:
CHT2.0.0 needs to be installed previously.
Switch Off Sense.
uninstall any previous version, acept soft-resset.
Install CHTtweaks.v0.97.cab in device, accept soft-resset.
Install JMLMenuSense 1.60 or higher in device, only in case you allready have not installed for other widgets (v1.75 not working)
Extract CHTtweaks_PNGtextures.rar in device or SD, I use to do it in \Storage Card\CHTtweaks
Switch Sense On
Find CHTtweaks in Start Menu\Programs & CHT menu.

You can uninstall CHTtweaks.v0.97.beta.cab. If you have any problem after deinstallation use restore.CHT.original.zip, just copy the original files from inside the rar to windows folder, acept overwrite and do restart Sense.

Also you can restore independently any modified file of CHT and the rest will continue working. I mean if you like the way of changing the CHT Email background but nothing else, just restore all the files excepting 29C5E347_manila. CHTtweaks will continue working only with this feature.

NEW! ONE CLICK TO HIDE TASKBAR NEW!

2015-02-18_08-53-11-.jpeg
2015-02-18_08-53-27-.jpeg
2015-02-18_08-53-35-.jpeg

Just copy the file into the zip to windows folder and accept overwrite and restart Sense

LOCKSCREEN

presentaciong.jpg

CHTtweaks.097.beta contains ICS lockscreen for CHT2.0. This lockscreen substitute CHT Windows lockscreen. It is made by 3 .png files: ICSlockscreen.png (256x256) for the slider; ICSlockscreen2.png (256x256) for the slider pressed; ICSlockscreenBG.png (512x512) for the lockscreen background. Of course you can change this graphics as usual in CHTtweaks, just go to lockscreen menu and select textures from internal memory or SD (to get default graphic just leave it blank. You can also select the application to launch by unlocking in left slide. As most of the CHTtweaks you can use this ICS lockscreen independently of CHTtweaks.

2011-12-13_08-13-21-PM.jpeg
2011-12-13_11-40-21-PM.jpeg

rou.jpg
2011-12-12_11-34-52-PM.jpeg

The others lockscreens (manila & HDmini style) can also be customized with CHttweaks.

2011-08-29_08-01-20-PM.jpeg
2011-09-24_05-17-22-PM.jpeg

MIUI LOCKSCREEN
***download***

SENSE 3.0 LOCKSCREEN
***download***

TEXT NOTIFICATIONS

2011-11-11_02-16-22-PM.jpeg
2011-11-11_02-15-45-PM.jpeg
2011-11-15_10-17-43-AM.jpeg

Configurable: text font, size, color, alignment, language, displayed text

TEXT FONTS

textx.png

attachment.php
attachment.php

APPOINTMENTS

attachment.php
attachment.php

Screenshot6.jpg

Tip: Go to HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\CHT.Tweaks.TransparentHomeAgenda and set the opacity value for the agenda from 1 to 100 (50, 33, etc)

SOFTKEYS

Just a few clicks and you can change easily the softkeys. Also I added the option to disable the softkeys icon enlarge when pressed, accordingly to the work done here by devil-strike based on the script of rat_2665

CHTtweaks includes the option to have transparent softkeys background in one click. All this changes in softkeys needs re-start Sense. Also includes the file restore.CHT.original.rar in case you want to uninstall this cab, just copy the files inside the rar into \windows and restart sense.

Special thanks to lnando84 for the tests and the work in the setting menu and all Dream Team for the nice graphics.

Tip: I am uploading a few transparent softkeys icons very useful to play a bit with this softkeys backgrounds textures. Enjoy!

Tons of Softkey bars (Docks) uploaded in this post and followings. Thankyou very much ezzie (& Nando)

EMAIL & SMS

yl9wDr0cVqXHJlsmDXJlxwfl9dtPNUBzsOd1LrNPJhM=w130-h217-p-no
YOU72aSEE6bHdChMBXymNLEwPshA4r_9v7tEa4-zpB4=w130-h217-p-no

in this post and followings ezzie has uploaded a lot of graphics for SMS & Email ready to use wth CHTtweaks. Thanks a lot!

HOMECLOCK

WVBRHN5e6MdoqPNiOL5oarOsz3GTYaysj8vXD33AWrQ=w129-h215-p-no
TDG_zyBa_1S1-6lLq-HbEkYor9xWRn2SLYeY7wPCeeY=w137-h228-p-no
O6JdK8BdlFVDwAdo2hCuEERuWef5k-mCDQa55ObA23g=w134-h223-p-no
YJTnApeKbpekim36z-4nePWC3HDZbHx8-khpiuSq0-A=w134-h223-p-no
NiJeya0INIkgw--8XGfepwOBXiGlBdjU_Mx4jSUtLl4=w129-h215-p-no
PCiVpznUKTrRKT20yatQ9pxoE6T9hwLMsGNL1MNJyGE=w129-h215-p-no
auLovYX7XhpOcddQP_eRgTUv4AfPMkcS406-GJ3GNys=w130-h215-p-no
d3FYlxd2TNifpzbfJ7Z37EKkZfm-nznoKbhoHvmFCfU=w115-h191-p-no

Thanks to the amazing work of Dunc001 in SimClock a lot of new possibilties are comming to the world of CHTwidgets. CHTtweaks add the feature to easily change the texture of some elements of the homeclock using png files.

Just open CHTtweaks menu setting (CHTquicklink / CHTfreelink >> miscellaneous) go to home clock setting and use the file explorer to find your favourite texture for the home analog clock, the numbers of the home flipclock and the colon (two dots). Also select the font text for the weather info & text clock. You can always restore the defeult textures just deleting the texture path and restarting sense

EDIT: With so many changes of home analog clock may be useful this set of clock hands good for any light-dark clockface :D

Thanks to Lnando84 you can find here (and followings posts) lots of clocks in png format, ready to use with CHTtweaks!

A few clocks, softkeys, Lockscreens, etc to enjoy with CHTtweaks. Unzip in SD card and select it with CHTtweaks:

CHTtweaksPNG

STILL BETA STAGE, FEEDBACK AND SUGESTIONS IS MUCH APRECIATED

Some adapted themes: (here more adapted themes by cocopuf)

screenshot1ewt.png

ipwc.png

screenshotce.png

wallpaper.jpg

bridges.jpg

sinttulo1yox.png

HD2%2Blollipop.png

29315.png

2015-03-13_03-15-52-PM.jpeg
2015-03-13_03-56-58-PM.jpeg

vr54wjfqag-n09QyqHRF5XKcvCl4zolQ9RaYKkMsnMw=w129-h215-p-no
9CdBpoSGn2le8FeklsteVqiD8dwYOA7GX80IZ7P_x30=w129-h215-p-no
AbBrR70bXKrl07wJBBmPmUBu6ERLDcGOwVM5ZWGrSWI=w129-h215-p-no
xq2thEpN4JDK6OONHUl_Zj4__U_TlERSpq1SZPQC_x0=w129-h215-p-no
y9kt28SVMGjOd_r5_4umwA-GW-_ODadziVDyItwjO3I=w131-h217-p-no

https://plus.google.com/u/1/photos/106797872708479667834/albums/5947715799326302689?sort=1

Attachments

• CHTTweaks_v090beta.cab
    52.8 KB · Views: 2,046
  • CHTTweaks_v091beta.cab
    480.2 KB · Views: 1,359
  • CHTTweaks_v092beta.cab
    939.8 KB · Views: 1,574
  • CHTTweaks_v093beta.cab
    144.9 KB · Views: 1,613
  • CHTTweaks_v094beta.cab
    259 KB · Views: 1,842
  • CHTTweaks_v095beta.zip
    232.4 KB · Views: 1,498
  • restore_original_files.zip
    128.4 KB · Views: 580
  • CHTTweaks_v096beta.cab
    202.6 KB · Views: 867
  • UpdateCHTtweaks097.ICSlockscreen.zip
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,108
  • CHTTweaks_v097beta.cab
    299.5 KB · Views: 664
  • CHTTweaks_v100beta.cab
    338.5 KB · Views: 100
  • CHTTweaks_v2.01.beta.cab
    340.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

poyensa

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
Here is the kitchen. In the folder \workspace\lua there are all the files decompiled and commented, the modified code is marked with --CHTtweaks where is changed from the original. It also has been modified the mode9 file 094C0231_manila, it was necessary for the appointments transparency. You can run it without devMode (_Deploy_to_device_normal_mode.bat). All credits & thanks to Co0kie Monster.

Also uploaded the source and kitchen of most of my widgets including CHTtweaks:
Poy_fullKitchen.zip - 49.19 MB

Attachments

• kitchenCHT_AddonLinkCHTTweaks.rar
    4.1 MB · Views: 1,520
  • Kitchen_CHTtweaks094.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 988
  • CHTtweaks096_kitchen.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 342
  • Workspace097(MIUIlockscreen).zip
    233.3 KB · Views: 232
  • Workspace200.zip
    245.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

poyensa

Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
HOW IT WORKS?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

CHTtweaks 0.93.beta introduces small modifications in the lua files of Co0kie Home Tab 2.0.0 which makes that some properties of a few elements (homeclock, lockscreen unlocker, email background, etc) can be set in the registry HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\CHT.Tweaks.XXXX. This changes are compatible with any other widget or standar CHT skin: if there is no CHTtweak registry setting the default texture will be used.

Attaching the source of all modified files in which has been included the marks --CHTtweak for easy indentification. As example the code below say to CHT to use the png file for the home analog clock -defined previously by CHTtweaks setting menu, but if it does not exist it will use the default manila file

--#####Set texture for home analog clock by CHT Tweaks
SetTextureHomeAnalogClock= function ()
poyTweaks_HomeAnalogClock_texture_path = GetCHTSettingString("Tweaks.HomeAnalogTexture", "\\windows\\htc\\Home\\Assets\\Images\\Home\\VGA\\AnalogClock_bg.qtc")
analogclock:SetTexture(poyTweaks_HomeAnalogClock_texture_path)
end
SetTextureHomeAnalogClock ()
_application.Store:GetValueChangedEvent(Lifetime_Permanent, "CHT.Tweaks.HomeAnalogTexture"):connect(SetTextureHomeAnalogClock)

--#################################

CHTtweaks Setting Menu configure the registry, then this configuration is applied to CHT

And never forget Co0kie's words specially where is said " ... The source code is freely available. You may modify it as you wish, but I do have a request:
If you're going to post a CHT modification publicly, post only the modified files and not the whole thing, so that the installation procedure is:
1) Install the main CHT cab first.
2) Install your modification.

Alternatively, if you want to use any part of this source code in your own independent manila project, you are free to do so, but please do post a mention that you're using this code and what parts.
That's the only thing I ask. I hope everyone will honour it. Thanks, here's the source, have fun with it."

Thanks again Co0kieMonster :)

Attachments

• CHTtweaks.v093.source.rar
    80.8 KB · Views: 650
  • chttweaks093.reg.txt
    946 bytes · Views: 338
Last edited:

poyensa

Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
CHTtweaks 1.8.5
(available beta 2)

At first BIG THANKS TO CO0KIE MASTER its amazing how he has converted a static home tab into a flexible and very customizable home tab. Every time I look a bit into the source files I get impressed what Co0kie has done. Not only the CHT itself, but also the source is free and available for use and enjoyment.

With this development I try to bring some of the advantages of CHTweaks to CHT1.8.5's friends. So I have started with the analog and flip clock (basic CHTwidget) and CHTtweaks can change the elements of the analog clock -face & hands- using textures in PNG format stored in any folder of device or SD. In the standard flip clock can be changed the numbers (always in PNG format) and add 2 dots between hours and minutes. Also clock background can be changed using textures in PNG format and set opacity from 1=transparent to 100. Aditionaly has been added some work i the Home Title Bar (transparency). Further development depends on comments and sugestions.

Installation
1. Install CHT 1.8.5 (& rest of the components)
2. Install CHTtweaks 1.8.5.betaXX.cab, softresset
3. Aditionally I recommend to install JMLMenuSense v1.60 (or higher) for access to setting menu
4. Access to configuration menu in \start menu\programs
5. Get lots of textures in PNG format here and everywhere in XDA

**DOWNLOAD HERE**

Attaching the kitchen. The source with the modified files are in folder \workspace\_lua\. Everybody is free to add features, correct bugs, edit files, delete them, change, sale, mirror, or whatever want to do with them. Use is not compulsory. CHTtweaks1.8.5 works fine in my HD2(WM6.5.x) with CHT1.8.5 installed, but if it does not work in your device I will help as much as I can.

If you want to try the kitchen*, do the changes in the lua files with notepad2 (inlcuded in tools folder) then run _Deploy_to_device_normal_mode.bat and the files will be recompiled and deployed to your device fro test. Once the changes are done, just run _Generate_files_for_cab.bat and will get the files ready for the cab in folder \cab\_files_final\

* at first the device must be synchronized with PC and run z_init.bat only once at the beginning.

CHTtweaks 1.8.5 includes Typoclock​

attachment.php

A reduced version of Typoclock has been added as layout in standard textclock. This reduced typoclock has time, date and alarm icon, and can be configured in CHTtweaks 1.8.5 setting menu (or directly in registry HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\CHT.Tweaks.XXX). It can be changed: text font for time and date; color; text sizes; vertical position; horizontal alignment (left, center, right); hide alarm icon; alarm icon position.

To activate Typoclcok on CHT 1.8.5 install CHTtweaks, go to menu > edit home layout > select level > Advanced > show text clock > typoclock; for configuration just go to CHTtweaks setting menu (start menu\programs) > typoclock > set your favorite parameters.

[beta2] includes new layout in classic CHT clock for stand alone weather; control over the text font in weather info for home; and lockscreen textures in PNG format

20110916083634pm.jpg
20110916083543pm.jpg
20110917122901am.jpg
20110917123136am.jpg

Attachments

• presentacion1.jpg
    presentacion1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Reactions: Simon_WM

BHS Interceptor

Aug 3, 2010
Addon for CHT

Hola, looks and works very good :D
Great job and lot´s of work and thinking behind it. Congratulations amigo.
It works on both of my devices HD2 & HD Mini, much better than expected :p

For beeing a beta, I´d say it´s rather a "release candidate" :)

Last edited:
Reactions: poyensa

jdpl@

Sep 20, 2010
Miami, FL
Hi Poy,

WOW !!!

What a great job amigo mio, this is really another huge step to a higher level in WM and CHT Widgets.

If all this great things continue growing at this pace we will soon see a massive immigration coming from the dark OS sides :D:D:D

Once again amigo, Big Thanks for sharing your amazing work ;)

Last edited:

ezzie

Aug 14, 2007
Omaha NE
OMG OMG OMG......

I may have to leave "sick" to get home and apply this.....does tweakideation sound like a legit diesese?

jdpl@

Sep 20, 2010
Miami, FL
Hi again Maestro,

I wondering if you have installed the Dunc"s CHT Fix40 Slots-Widgets you posted here and could you please check in your registry to see if it is shown 40 or 20, I just installed this fix but in my registry it still show 20 slot, is this right?

Thanks in advance, amigo ;)

poyensa

Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
Hi again Maestro,

I wondering if you have installed the Dunc"s CHT Fix40 Slots-Widgets you posted here and could you please check in your registry to see if it is shown 40 or 20, I just installed this fix but in my registry it still show 20 slot, is this right?

Thanks in advance, amigo ;)

I really do not know what cab i have installed :eek: :D so many test ... but for sure is Dunc's CHT fix 40 widgets. Dunc's mod of mike2nl's CHT fix 40 widgets is not included in CHT Tweaks v0.90. Its linked to this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12016868&postcount=24

I thinks that Dunc's mod of mike2nl's CHT fix 40 widgets should be standar nowdays, it should be added to CHT2.0.1 (or eventually to CHT Service Pack 1). This fix allows 40 widgets and reserve 8 slots for BG widgets. If you don't have 40 slots in the registry just add it: HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\CHTI.AddonWidgets.Count = 40

CHT Tweaks its just a protection to avoid overwrite the file home.mode9 when themers are working on home flip clock to convert it to digital clock with 2 dots & no flip line. Now you can get this mod without touching this fixed file. Something similar happends with CHT_rat_weather_library, with CHT Tweaks I am trying to protect this valious file to be overwritten.

Last edited:

jdpl@

Sep 20, 2010
Miami, FL
Thanks for your fast reply Maestro.

I understood perfectly amigo, so I going to change the value 20 to 40 in the registry and I hope when I get my 21' widget everything goes ok :D

I just installed the 40 fix now because I know that amazing widgets are coming soon :D

Thanks again Amigo.

BHS Interceptor

Aug 3, 2010
CHT Fundamental Questions

I thinks that Dunc's CHT fix 40 widgets should be standar nowdays, it should be added to CHT2.0.1 (or eventually to CHT Service Pack 1). This fix allows 40 widgets and reserve 8 slots for BG widgets. If you don't have 40 slots in the registry just add it: HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\CHTI.AddonWidgets.Count = 40

CHT Tweaks its just a protection to avoid overwrite the file home.mode9 when themers are working on home flip clock to convert it to digital clock with 2 dots & no flip line. Now you can get this mod without touching this fixed file. Something similar happends with CHT_rat_weather_library, with CHT Tweaks I am trying to protect this valious file to be overwritten.

Now we´re getting to one of the main questions or issues since so many addon widgets and Cookie´s kitchen have been released. We are indeed loosing our "base2 or let´s say, "common ground"....

Guess we need a "Base Definition" in order to avoid future probs with "crucial" files in order to keep ONE basic CHT version & vision. I also think it is IMPERATIVE and every mod of this kind should always post a detailled list of the included and modded files, and maybe even provide the o files in case of probs. See notes and issues when uninstalling one of these files or widgets.

I´m not sure about a Service Pack... I would rather say this requires a new release, so all that´s been done up to now should be compatible with CHT 2.0 and all that´s beeing done in the future, based on your findings and Dunc´s SK-i Theme (and the evolutions for CHT within it) as well as from other CHT Members and users. Call it maybe CHT 2.5, or CHT 3.0 because it´s not a "minor update" like a bug fix or some addons. We´re talking about fundamental changes in CHT :)

Maybe this could be discussed with users and devs in actual CHT thread, or even a new thread? I´m asking this, because like with the update and new release of CHT 2.0, there are quite still a lot of CHT users that prefer older version (CHT 1.8.5.1) and have decided not to change. I guess there will be also enough that might want to stick to "unchanged" 2.0 instead of having to worry that new widgets need new mods on crucial files like home.mode9, etc...
Skinning mods of image files is one thing, as well as tweaking or partially modding mode9 files for fontsize, color, etc..., but mayor changes affecting luas, or other items in mode9 should be done very carefully, especially considering the fact, that this files and changes call upon a lot of other files, and this can really screw your Sense :eek:

Last edited:

BHS Interceptor

Aug 3, 2010

... I also think it is IMPERATIVE and every mod of this kind should always post a detailled list of the included and modded files, and maybe even provide the o files in case of probs. See notes and issues when uninstalling one of these files or widgets.

.... I guess there will be also enough that might want to stick to "unchanged" 2.0 instead of having to worry that new widgets need new mods on crucial files like home.mode9, etc...
Skinning mods of image files is one thing, as well as tweaking or partially modding mode9 files for fontsize, color, etc..., but mayor changes affecting luas, or other items in mode9 should be done very carefully, especially considering the fact, that this files and changes call upon a lot of other files, and this can really screw your Sense :eek:

Yes, it´s me again :D After a few extensive tests, I do insist that a "File List" is imperative for not having to BAN overwriting or modding files that are crucial to the system and Sense. I´ve been switching mode9´s and Luas with CHTS now, and if you do it right, there will be no issues, but you need to know the files that are changed BEFORE installing the widgets or mods, so you can back them up before damage is done. The xmls included in all widgets, AND HERE IN THE PAST THERE HAVE BEEN A LOT THAT WHERE NOT WRITTEN PROPERLY AND THUS UNUSEFULL AND DANGEROUS, have to be checked and approved, otherwise they will be no good. CHTS can help overcome these problems if used properly. CHTS can save those crucial files before install to a save profile, and then you can use any file in another profile and so switch safely back and forth. But CHTS needs to know these files before install in order to back up / save the original ones :D

I have been able to switch from a Profile configured with rat´s changed home.mode9 file (his weather library needed for his last widgets) to another profile using the original (well, not original since CoOkie also modified the same file for CHT - so there is an Original file, then the CHT file and now the modded CHT files for that) CHT home.mode9 file and everything went fine. But still the manila/sense versions need to bee watched, since not all mode9 are version independent :mad:

Freezy1982

Nov 3, 2007
Very nice useage of JMLMenuSense!
Sadly I cannot use Manila on my phone (too slow for normal use) - But indeed very useful!
Congratulations!

GreeZ!
Freezy1982

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Guys, i have read that Dunc has made a 40 widget fix for CHT. So far i can remember about that issue... i have done this fix and others, in team work of BHS and me before x-mas and i have published this in the CHT Artworkgroup as a beta testing issue.

Dunc please tell me why you have realeased this fix before we have done our intesive tests of this release is ok.

Last edited:

poyensa

Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
Hi again Mike, I dont see any controversy there. We are recommending to use Dunc`s verssion for the the CHT fix 40 slots -widgets, because it also has been altered to allow the use of 7 backgrounds widgets, as impleted in Blue Sk-i theme or CHT Walls. We all recognise your work and credits have been properly granted. Dont waste your time and energy on that, we have still a lot of work to do ;)

BHS Interceptor

Aug 3, 2010
Guys, i have read that Dunc has made a 40 widget fix for CHT. So far i can remember about that issue... i have done this fix and others, in team work of BHS and me before x-mas and i have published this in the CHT Artworkgroup as a beta testing issue.

Dunc please tell me why you have realeased this fix before we have done our intesive tests of this release is ok.

Hi again Mike, I dont see any controversy there. We are recommending to use Dunc`s verssion for the the CHT fix 40 slots -widgets, because it also has been altered to allow the use of 7 backgrounds widgets, as impleted in Blue Sk-i theme or CHT Walls. We all recognise your work and credits have been properly granted. Dont waste your time and energy on that, we have still a lot of work to do ;)

Hola again, Mike and Poy, yes it´s true that Mike worked on that widget fix and it´s not about beeing mentioned, but about possible issues and misunderstandings about this particular and specific fix for Dunc´s SK-i Theme and CHT in general...

"The attached zip folder contains seven background widget cabs which will install the backgrounds you see used in the screenshots. You can choose to install any number of these and after you have installed them you can easily edit them using the reg changes and new images. However to get them to appear behind everything else on screen you first need to update the home.mode9 file. You will find a cab to install the mode9 and make the necessary reg edit in the zip folder with the widget cabs. Poyensa has edited this one for me to make the first eight widget slots appear behind eveything else so I have his original background widget and my seven installed and working perfectly. As an added bonus, and because the backgrounds will use up to eight widget slots this mode9 is also modified to allow up to 40 CHT widgets to be installed (the original maximum was only 20) so you shouldn't run out of space!"

And actually it was only 10 in the original coded but 20 "targetet"

The original CHT mode9 file (7c60907d_manila) indeed allowed only 20 slots, but in the Sk-i theme, the one modded or used was not the original file from CHT, but the one Mike modded!!! and not tested/approved for release ;)

So let´s wait for Mike´s reasons and motives for not releasing it yet.....

A few weeks back, it was agreed that there were still some issues pending to be resolved prior to a public release as you remember when rat informed us about the mode of 3a8e04af_manila ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ezzie

poyensa

Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
No dissapointments friends, I have edited my posts to give propper credits to mike2nl. I've really always thought that mike is the creator of the original fix. Sorry for the inconveniences that this may have caused. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CHT Tweaks BETA

Only for Co0kie Home Tab 2.0.0

CHANGE FONT TEXT DIRECTLY TO CHT.2.0.0
    USE PNG FILES DIRECTLY TO CHT.2.0.0
    new! PIE CONTROL FOR SENSE
    new!ONE CLICK TO HIDE THE TASKBAR

Project.png

pie control here & into v100beta

I continue experimenting with Co0kie Home Tab 2.0.0. Mainly CHTtweaks allow to change textures in .png format using the file explorer and give the option to easily change the text font for all CHT elements independently. Aditionally CHTtweaks uses great tool JMLMenuSense to make a setting menu.

CHTtweaks brings major changes as the original files of CHT.2.0.0 lua & mode9 are modified. I am also providing the open source where the changes are marked (--CHTtweaks) in the files as explanation. Feel free to use, modify, edit, mirror, sale, delete or whatever you want to do with this, but always with fun :)

For security also I am providing the original CHT files to restore if necessary. Just copy all files from insode the zip to windows folder, acept overwrite & restart Sense.

The files with changes are the followings:
    5950B2CD_manila -- Co0kieNotifyBar.lua ==> added a 3rd layout for text missed calls - sms - emails - voicemail notification, Configurable: text font, size, color, alignment, language, displayed text
    5fa4d4b7_manila -- homedigitalclock.lua ==> chose png texture for numbers, colon & background; switch for transparent flipclock-tabs; switch for get out of the midle flipclock line.
    4B558519_manila -- CHT_Widgets.lua ==> selectable opacity for home clock background; added 4th layout to textclock: alarm icon only; added 3rd layout text notifications
    1EC5924B_manila -- homeAnalogClock.lua ==> chose png texture for analog clock face, hourhand, minutehand & secondshand
    new!2AFAFEFA_manila -- CHT_Softkeys.lua ==> chose png texture for the softkeys background; switch for transparent softkeys & softkeys background; switch to dissable the enlargement softkey icon when pressed, work done by devil-strike based on the script of rat_2665 (all credits for them please). Extended CHT menu. Hide taskbar new!
    29C5E347_manila -- Co0kieEmail.lua ==> chose png texture for CHT email background independently of Email Sense Tab; change text font
    7ECB5997_manila -- Co0kieMessages.lua ==> chose png texture for CHT SMS background; change text font
    4956014B_manila -- CHT_Lockscreen.lua ==> chose png texture for the slider unlocker of each CHT lockscreen (Manila, Windows, Mini HD)
    6A5D6A2D_manila -- Co0kieMusicPlayer.lua ==> switch transparent CHT music player background; change text font; change background
    45E83959_manila -- CHT_Titlebar.lua ==> switch transparent home title bar; set color for other Sense Tab titles (excepting Music Sense Tab & Internet Sense Tab); change text font; switch page indicators to botton screen
    5146EC01_manila -- Co0kieAppointments.lua, 45D3F17C_manila -- Co0kieListControl.lua & 094C0231_manila -- Co0kieAppointments.mode9==> switch transparent background for CHT appointment, horizontal alignment & change text font
    3ACCF880_manila -- CHT_QuickLinks.lua==> change text font for quicklinks labels; change quiklinks frames
    58B6C4C5_manila -- CHT_FreeLinks.lua==> change text font for freelinks labels; change freelinks frames
    346BA8F0_manila -- Co0kieTextClock.lua==> change text font for the clock, date & alarm bar widget
    6639bcc4_manila -- weatherforhome.lua==> change text font for weather info for home.
    6DB6511F_manila -- CHT_Constants.lua==> dock size up to 120px
    new! 285d005a_manila -- manila.lua & 3a8e04af_manila -- manila.mode9==> pie control in all sense tabs

CHTtweaks does also add some settings that use to be done in CHTEditor, now you can also do it in CHTtweaks, like disable double flip or minute flip; show seconds hand; set softkey height & menu height; set color for CHT Email text & CHT SMS text; select lockscreen style (0= Manila; 1= Windows; 2= HD Mini)

To restore default manila texture just leave the texture path in blank and restart Sense. CHTtweaks is provided without png textures because it was making so big. I have uploaded a pack CHTtweaks_PNGtextures.rar with some examples, just unpack it in the SD\CHTtweaks folder and select your favorite, delete, add new textures ... and share them with us! I havent done any of this nice graphics. I am taking graphics from NordPolCamper, MrBeO, LNando84, Santod040, jdpl@, _leciel_, S-Droid, Sternas & ericv99. Thank you so much for them! :) Special thanks to LNando84 for all the good work and help with the setting menu.

Installation:
    CHT2.0.0 needs to be installed previously.
    Switch Off Sense.
    uninstall any previous version, acept soft-resset.
    Install CHTtweaks.v0.97.cab in device, accept soft-resset.
    Install JMLMenuSense 1.60 or higher in device, only in case you allready have not installed for other widgets (v1.75 not working)
    Extract CHTtweaks_PNGtextures.rar in device or SD, I use to do it in \Storage Card\CHTtweaks
    Switch Sense On
    Find CHTtweaks in Start Menu\Programs & CHT menu.

You can uninstall CHTtweaks.v0.97.beta.cab. If you have any problem after deinstallation use restore.CHT.original.zip, just copy the original files from inside the rar to windows folder, acept overwrite and do restart Sense.

Also you can restore independently any modified file of CHT and the rest will continue working. I mean if you like the way of changing the CHT Email background but nothing else, just restore all the files excepting 29C5E347_manila. CHTtweaks will continue working only with this feature.

NEW! ONE CLICK TO HIDE TASKBAR NEW!

2015-02-18_08-53-11-.jpeg
    2015-02-18_08-53-27-.jpeg
    2015-02-18_08-53-35-.jpeg

Just copy the file into the zip to windows folder and accept overwrite and restart Sense

LOCKSCREEN

presentaciong.jpg

CHTtweaks.097.beta contains ICS lockscreen for CHT2.0. This lockscreen substitute CHT Windows lockscreen. It is made by 3 .png files: ICSlockscreen.png (256x256) for the slider; ICSlockscreen2.png (256x256) for the slider pressed; ICSlockscreenBG.png (512x512) for the lockscreen background. Of course you can change this graphics as usual in CHTtweaks, just go to lockscreen menu and select textures from internal memory or SD (to get default graphic just leave it blank. You can also select the application to launch by unlocking in left slide. As most of the CHTtweaks you can use this ICS lockscreen independently of CHTtweaks.

2011-12-13_08-13-21-PM.jpeg
    2011-12-13_11-40-21-PM.jpeg

rou.jpg
    2011-12-12_11-34-52-PM.jpeg

The others lockscreens (manila & HDmini style) can also be customized with CHttweaks.

2011-08-29_08-01-20-PM.jpeg
    2011-09-24_05-17-22-PM.jpeg

MIUI LOCKSCREEN
    ***download***

SENSE 3.0 LOCKSCREEN
    ***download***

TEXT NOTIFICATIONS

2011-11-11_02-16-22-PM.jpeg
    2011-11-11_02-15-45-PM.jpeg
    2011-11-15_10-17-43-AM.jpeg

Configurable: text font, size, color, alignment, language, displayed text

TEXT FONTS

textx.png

attachment.php
    attachment.php

APPOINTMENTS

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Screenshot6.jpg

Tip: Go to HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\CHT.Tweaks.TransparentHomeAgenda and set the opacity value for the agenda from 1 to 100 (50, 33, etc)

SOFTKEYS

Just a few clicks and you can change easily the softkeys. Also I added the option to disable the softkeys icon enlarge when pressed, accordingly to the work done here by devil-strike based on the script of rat_2665

CHTtweaks includes the option to have transparent softkeys background in one click. All this changes in softkeys needs re-start Sense. Also includes the file restore.CHT.original.rar in case you want to uninstall this cab, just copy the files inside the rar into \windows and restart sense.

Special thanks to lnando84 for the tests and the work in the setting menu and all Dream Team for the nice graphics.

Tip: I am uploading a few transparent softkeys icons very useful to play a bit with this softkeys backgrounds textures. Enjoy!

Tons of Softkey bars (Docks) uploaded in this post and followings. Thankyou very much ezzie (& Nando)

EMAIL & SMS

yl9wDr0cVqXHJlsmDXJlxwfl9dtPNUBzsOd1LrNPJhM=w130-h217-p-no
    YOU72aSEE6bHdChMBXymNLEwPshA4r_9v7tEa4-zpB4=w130-h217-p-no

in this post and followings ezzie has uploaded a lot of graphics for SMS & Email ready to use wth CHTtweaks. Thanks a lot!

HOMECLOCK

WVBRHN5e6MdoqPNiOL5oarOsz3GTYaysj8vXD33AWrQ=w129-h215-p-no
    TDG_zyBa_1S1-6lLq-HbEkYor9xWRn2SLYeY7wPCeeY=w137-h228-p-no
    O6JdK8BdlFVDwAdo2hCuEERuWef5k-mCDQa55ObA23g=w134-h223-p-no
    YJTnApeKbpekim36z-4nePWC3HDZbHx8-khpiuSq0-A=w134-h223-p-no
    NiJeya0INIkgw--8XGfepwOBXiGlBdjU_Mx4jSUtLl4=w129-h215-p-no
    PCiVpznUKTrRKT20yatQ9pxoE6T9hwLMsGNL1MNJyGE=w129-h215-p-no
    auLovYX7XhpOcddQP_eRgTUv4AfPMkcS406-GJ3GNys=w130-h215-p-no
    d3FYlxd2TNifpzbfJ7Z37EKkZfm-nznoKbhoHvmFCfU=w115-h191-p-no

Thanks to the amazing work of Dunc001 in SimClock a lot of new possibilties are comming to the world of CHTwidgets. CHTtweaks add the feature to easily change the texture of some elements of the homeclock using png files.

Just open CHTtweaks menu setting (CHTquicklink / CHTfreelink >> miscellaneous) go to home clock setting and use the file explorer to find your favourite texture for the home analog clock, the numbers of the home flipclock and the colon (two dots). Also select the font text for the weather info & text clock. You can always restore the defeult textures just deleting the texture path and restarting sense

EDIT: With so many changes of home analog clock may be useful this set of clock hands good for any light-dark clockface :D

Thanks to Lnando84 you can find here (and followings posts) lots of clocks in png format, ready to use with CHTtweaks!

A few clocks, softkeys, Lockscreens, etc to enjoy with CHTtweaks. Unzip in SD card and select it with CHTtweaks:

CHTtweaksPNG

STILL BETA STAGE, FEEDBACK AND SUGESTIONS IS MUCH APRECIATED

Some adapted themes: (here more adapted themes by cocopuf)

screenshot1ewt.png

ipwc.png

screenshotce.png

wallpaper.jpg

bridges.jpg

sinttulo1yox.png

HD2%2Blollipop.png

29315.png

2015-03-13_03-15-52-PM.jpeg
    2015-03-13_03-56-58-PM.jpeg

vr54wjfqag-n09QyqHRF5XKcvCl4zolQ9RaYKkMsnMw=w129-h215-p-no
    9CdBpoSGn2le8FeklsteVqiD8dwYOA7GX80IZ7P_x30=w129-h215-p-no
    AbBrR70bXKrl07wJBBmPmUBu6ERLDcGOwVM5ZWGrSWI=w129-h215-p-no
    xq2thEpN4JDK6OONHUl_Zj4__U_TlERSpq1SZPQC_x0=w129-h215-p-no
    y9kt28SVMGjOd_r5_4umwA-GW-_ODadziVDyItwjO3I=w131-h217-p-no

https://plus.google.com/u/1/photos/106797872708479667834/albums/5947715799326302689?sort=1
    Sense 3.0 lockscreen

Ok then :)

attachment.php

copy the files from inside the zip to windows folder, accept overwrite and restart Sense. In CHTeditor > lockscreen > select windows lockscreen. In CHTtweaks select what application to launch in every icon, I have not modified the setting menu so it still says down and up, but you will easily identify what to put n there. To unlock pull the ring to the icon .... enjoy! :)
    HOW IT WORKS?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

CHTtweaks 0.93.beta introduces small modifications in the lua files of Co0kie Home Tab 2.0.0 which makes that some properties of a few elements (homeclock, lockscreen unlocker, email background, etc) can be set in the registry HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\CHT.Tweaks.XXXX. This changes are compatible with any other widget or standar CHT skin: if there is no CHTtweak registry setting the default texture will be used.

Attaching the source of all modified files in which has been included the marks --CHTtweak for easy indentification. As example the code below say to CHT to use the png file for the home analog clock -defined previously by CHTtweaks setting menu, but if it does not exist it will use the default manila file

--#####Set texture for home analog clock by CHT Tweaks
    SetTextureHomeAnalogClock= function ()
    poyTweaks_HomeAnalogClock_texture_path = GetCHTSettingString("Tweaks.HomeAnalogTexture", "\\windows\\htc\\Home\\Assets\\Images\\Home\\VGA\\AnalogClock_bg.qtc")
    analogclock:SetTexture(poyTweaks_HomeAnalogClock_texture_path)
    end
    SetTextureHomeAnalogClock ()
    _application.Store:GetValueChangedEvent(Lifetime_Permanent, "CHT.Tweaks.HomeAnalogTexture"):connect(SetTextureHomeAnalogClock)

--#################################

CHTtweaks Setting Menu configure the registry, then this configuration is applied to CHT

And never forget Co0kie's words specially where is said " ... The source code is freely available. You may modify it as you wish, but I do have a request:
    If you're going to post a CHT modification publicly, post only the modified files and not the whole thing, so that the installation procedure is:
    1) Install the main CHT cab first.
    2) Install your modification.

Alternatively, if you want to use any part of this source code in your own independent manila project, you are free to do so, but please do post a mention that you're using this code and what parts.
    That's the only thing I ask. I hope everyone will honour it. Thanks, here's the source, have fun with it."

Thanks again Co0kieMonster :)
    Added a new way to access CHTtweaks in the CHT_Menu, screenshot is self explanatory. Thanks jmart518 for the idea.

Copy the file 2AFAFEFA_manila inside the zip to \windows folder, accept overwrite and restart Sense.

Kind regards,
    I have uploaded the new version CHTtweaks.v.094.cab, adding the following features to the previous versions:
    * easy change of hour, minute & secondshands in .png format files for the home analog clock
    * easy change of text font for all CHT widgets: textclock, weather info for home, sms & email widgets, appointments, music player, quicklinks & freelinks labels, and network operator; independently each of them.
    * transparency and text alignment for CHT appointments
    * correction of some bugs of previous versions

Thanks to lnando84 for all the work improving the setting menu.

Please post here questions & screens done with CHTtweaks :)

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

DOWNLOAD IN POST#1