[APP][2.3+] Lux Auto Brightness

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 669

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th July 2014, 01:21 AM |#1391  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
just a heads up -- I got the SDK error as well.
13th July 2014, 05:01 AM |#1392  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Also getting the "application requires newer sdk version" error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

Hmm, maybe I accidentally compiled it on the preview SDK. I'll fix it and update it.

Nexus 4, Android 4.4.4 rooted/stock ROM. Had full version installed with Nexus 4 plugin. Uninstalled plug-in; same error. Uninstalled app; same error. Lite version can install but full version can't.
13th July 2014, 08:12 AM |#1393  
Flag Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 2,049

More
v1.99.9
fixed this, thank you Vito

Sent from my tablet./Odoslané z môjho tabletu.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ja_som For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ja_som Ad-Free
13th July 2014, 10:59 AM |#1394  
OP Senior Member

More
Cheers everyone. Hopefully this is enough to keep people happy until I can get v2.0 done!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
13th July 2014, 10:52 PM |#1395  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
For quite a while (about 3 months or so) I've been having a problem where my non-rooted 2013 Nexus 7 would spontaneously reboot. Sometimes it would reboot twice a day, sometimes it would go 3 or 4 days without rebooting. It never took more than 4 days to reboot. To make a long story short, I eventually ended up uninstalling Lux, and now my current uptime is almost 20 days. It could be a complete coincidence, but it seems plausible that Lux was the culprit. Can you think of any reason Lux might cause a reboot?
14th July 2014, 01:15 AM |#1396  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Could someone explain how to install the cf.lumen plugin whilst not having cf.lumen running or changing the color? And how is the plugin used in lux?
14th July 2014, 02:19 PM |#1397  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremonkey

For quite a while (about 3 months or so) I've been having a problem where my non-rooted 2013 Nexus 7 would spontaneously reboot. Sometimes it would reboot twice a day, sometimes it would go 3 or 4 days without rebooting. It never took more than 4 days to reboot. To make a long story short, I eventually ended up uninstalling Lux, and now my current uptime is almost 20 days. It could be a complete coincidence, but it seems plausible that Lux was the culprit. Can you think of any reason Lux might cause a reboot?

I'm not sure how Lux could cause reboots on a non-rooted device. I'm inclined to say it's a coincidence if you're using the stock ROM. I certainly haven't had that issue while testing on my Nexus 7 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketino

Could someone explain how to install the cf.lumen plugin whilst not having cf.lumen running or changing the color? And how is the plugin used in lux?

You can disable CF.lumen after you install the driver. As long as the driver is installed Lux will be able to use it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
14th July 2014, 08:27 PM |#1398  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

You can disable CF.lumen after you install the driver. As long as the driver is installed Lux will be able to use it.

If I check "CF.lumen integation" do I then also need to select it as a plug-in? (This does not work for me!) If not, maybe that menu item should be greyed-out.

Do any of the settings in CF.lumen make a difference or does this behave as if I was using a regular Lux plug-in?

Thanks.
15th July 2014, 02:56 AM |#1399  
Flag Taiwan
Thanks Meter: 82

More
And the Nexus5 plugin finally works as it should after enabling CF.Lumen and download the drivers

Cheers
Tom
15th July 2014, 07:53 PM |#1400  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 330

More
Quote:

I'm not sure how Lux could cause reboots on a non-rooted device. I'm inclined to say it's a coincidence if you're using the stock ROM. I certainly haven't had that issue while testing on my Nexus 7 2013.

What would be the upside to installing cf.lumen driver? Any specific benefits that make it worthwhile to do?
16th July 2014, 11:11 AM |#1401  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 29,922

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dems86

What would be the upside to installing cf.lumen driver? Any specific benefits that make it worthwhile to do?

Good question, I have only found a downside, the driver causes my ROM to bootloop
The Following User Says Thank You to kantjer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kantjer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)