196 posts
Thanks Meter: 192

By PavelX1, Senior Member on 25th January 2009, 03:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th April 2009, 04:56 PM |#991  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
I`ve got the Xperia with generic german and i want to install the UK one(i downloaded it from the link you gave).The thing is that when i switch the phone on ,holding the minus and power button ,the lines appear,than says "loading" and then-"no image file" and it stops!what did i do wrong?pls help!
Regards,Stefan

18th April 2009, 07:27 PM |#992  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

update 17.4.2009 - Generic BRAZIL R2AA007 (1.03.943.7) officialy released and NEW Generic LATIN AMERICA R2AA015 (1.03.947.15) released/uploaded!

Oh, God.

Yesterday I've hard reset my phone. Now it seems that I'll be doing agan.

Anyway, a new Firmware Update is always well received.

Cheers.
19th April 2009, 11:18 AM |#993  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuxuka

Hi,
I`ve got the Xperia with generic german and i want to install the UK one(i downloaded it from the link you gave).The thing is that when i switch the phone on ,holding the minus and power button ,the lines appear,than says "loading" and then-"no image file" and it stops!what did i do wrong?pls help!
Regards,Stefan

Are you trying to install it from your computer or with an MicroSD card?
19th April 2009, 11:55 AM |#994  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Thanks mate

You're the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by skate88

killer8nl

to update
rename file to Kovsimg.nbh,
copy file into root of a fat32 formated sd card
turn phone off
hold down volume button and then
press the power button at the same time
the phone should find the update and start loading it
you will be prompted to press the power button to install the update
once completed, press the reset button

so far with the uk vodafone rom
panel rotation still ridiculously slow
java ebay application
tetris and several other time limited demo java games

i really wish they wouldnt bother including demos

19th April 2009, 12:11 PM |#995  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medulla_Oblongata

Are you trying to install it from your computer or with an MicroSD card?

I am putting the Kovsimg file on the card,but via the phone (i don`t have a compatible card reader for the card),....i`ve tried with 2 versions of the generic UK so far and they both say the same "no image file" .the other thing is that when i ran the hardSpl the porgamm said 10 minutes but is was done in like 2-3 -seemed a bit strange to me
19th April 2009, 12:21 PM |#996  

More
Hi all,

is there a link where is possible to download an updated rom for X1 in italian ?
latest version is R2A or R3A ?
i have installed a 6.5 rom but i don't like it and i want to re-install original rom.

thanks to everybody
19th April 2009, 01:10 PM |#997  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

I am putting the Kovsimg file on the card,but via the phone (i don`t have a compatible card reader for the card),....i`ve tried with 2 versions of the generic UK so far and they both say the same "no image file" .the other thing is that when i ran the hardSpl the porgamm said 10 minutes but is was done in like 2-3 -seemed a bit strange to me

Did you extract the exe data before to get the image file?
19th April 2009, 01:43 PM |#998  

More
Quote:

Like F-Styla asked: did you extract the .exe file before putting it on the SD card?

The HardSPL program was finished in like 3 minutes for me as well, this is nothing to worry about, as long as the program finishes automatically and without interruption.
19th April 2009, 02:08 PM |#999  

More
[QUOTE=Medulla_Oblongata;3653261]Like F-Styla asked: did you extract the .exe file before putting it on the SD card?
QUOTE]

Yes i did.it became an .image file (APP_SW_X1i_GENERIC_UK_CDF1215-1832_KOV_R2AA010.image) then i renamed it and put it on the card...
19th April 2009, 04:53 PM |#1000  

More
Hard SPL or not?
Hi I want to go from Generic_DE to Generic_AT. Do I need to HardSPL or is it working as normal with the mSD method? I'm just not sure...
19th April 2009, 05:07 PM |#1001  

More
Quote:

Yes i did.it became an .image file (APP_SW_X1i_GENERIC_UK_CDF1215-1832_KOV_R2AA010.image) then i renamed it and put it on the card...

Hmm, in that case ... the last possible reason I can think of is: the SD card is not formatted as FAT32.
Plug your X1 in your computer and look at the Storage Card properties, look at the "File system" and see what it says.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SD properties.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	178084  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)