FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Boot from SD-card | New Method [2.6.32]

64 posts
Thanks Meter: 7
 
By gr0gmint, Member on 27th May 2010, 04:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th May 2010, 09:37 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr0gmint

It boots now, but is stuck at the HTC logo, although adbd runs.
Some of the errors it loops constantly:

Code:
E/FramebufferNativeWindow(  484): Couldn't get gralloc module

E/libEGL  (  484): eglGetDisplay:632 error 300c (EGL_BAD_PARAMETER)
E/libEGL  (  484): eglInitialize:646 error 3008 (EGL_BAD_DISPLAY)


I/Zygote  (  483): Exit zygote because system server (484) has terminated
I/ServiceManager(   55): service 'media.audio_flinger' died
I/ServiceManager(   55): service 'media.player' died
I/ServiceManager(   55): service 'media.camera' died
I/ServiceManager(   55): service 'media.audio_policy' died
I/ServiceManager(   62): Waiting for sevice SurfaceFlinger...


E/AudioHardwareQSD(  507): Cannot open /dev/audience_a1026 -1
I/AudioHardwareQSD(  507): set_tpa2018d1_parameters() not present

E/Zygote  (  512): setreuid() failed. errno: 17

seems like you need to create special files in /dev folder check via adb which files are present.
 
 
27th May 2010, 09:51 PM |#12  
Recognized Developer
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 2,620
 
Donate to Me
More
/dev/audience_a1026 <- nexus one rom?
27th May 2010, 09:52 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
quick OT Question.
do you think it is possible to create a recovery which is bootable with this method?
27th May 2010, 10:22 PM |#14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
It's working! We can now do multibooting on Desire!
I will post a guide tomorrow with files!
The Following User Says Thank You to gr0gmint For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gr0gmint Ad-Free
27th May 2010, 10:25 PM |#15  
myth1001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 15
 
Donate to Me
More
Though I have no idea what this is for, but GREAT WORK mate!
Great to see new breakthrough for our Desire!
Thanks for the hard work!
27th May 2010, 10:28 PM |#16  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by myth1001

Though I have no idea what this is for, but GREAT WORK mate!
Great to see new breakthrough for our Desire!
Thanks for the hard work!

Thanks ^^
It means you can have both Froyo and 2.1 on your Desire for example.
You basically have an extra ext2 partition on your SD card with another OS
27th May 2010, 10:28 PM |#17  
rolfd's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Norn Irn
Thanks Meter: 438
 
More
Can we now flash a new rom just onto the SD card, boot from it, and if it goes tits up just remove the card without fear of upsetting the handset and bricking?
27th May 2010, 10:28 PM |#18  
StuMcBill's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr0gmint

It's working! We can now do multibooting on Desire!
I will post a guide tomorrow with files!

Does this mean we can store /system on our SD card and choose between booting the SD card stored software or the software stored on the Flash of the device?

Dual-booting between Internal Flash and SD card essentially? So you could have Froyo (when released) on SD card and 2.1 on the device as normal?

Or could you have recovery stored on the SD card and run it from there?
27th May 2010, 10:30 PM |#19  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuMcBill

Does this mean we can store /system on our SD card and choose between booting the SD card stored software or the software stored on the Flash of the device?

Dual-booting between Internal Flash and SD card essentially? So you could have Froyo (when released) on SD card and 2.1 on the device as normal?

Or could you have recovery stored on the SD card and run it from there?

Yes. Only limitation (so far), is they have to share to same kernel.
And no. I don't think you will have write access to the system partition.
27th May 2010, 10:34 PM |#20  
StuMcBill's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr0gmint

Yes. Only limitation (so far), is they have to share to same kernel.
And no. I don't think you will have write access to the system partition.

Cool, thanks for the explanation!

Good work! Thanks!
27th May 2010, 10:34 PM |#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Great work. Nice way to test ROMs.

And what happens when you connect phone to computer in Disk Drive mode?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes