Official LED Flip cover not working anymore | NFC & Payment Settings FC

Search This thread

uaktags

Aug 12, 2008
So I seem to have a 2-fer issue going on, first I noticed that my Flip Case stopped showing the LED lights. In reading, people have mentioned that the case uses/connects via NFC. So I went to "Settings" and clicked on "NFC & Payment" and that's when that force closed. Looks like NFC is not working on my phone. Anyone else noticing issues?

Monkey Slut

Feb 19, 2012
Cracow
My case is working without NFC turned on in settings. But it lags and get bugged sometimes. Maybe software issue, or the case is damaged.

uaktags

Aug 12, 2008
So Idk what did it. I attempted about 3reboots, took off the case numerous times, and finally went about to start disabling any "changes" I had in place and left the case off for an extended period.

Using package Disabler, I reenabled everything though bloatware has been disabled since I got the phone.

I switched Home back to Samsung's default. Some people have reported issues with Nova prime, though i don't have prime.

Then did one more reboot and reattached my case. Now the case works and NFC doesn't force close.

So for me, the connection is strong between the NFC settings and the case not working.
Re disabled all packages and back to using Nova....case still working and NFC settings still works. So issue is resolved, but the cause is still unknown.

Mosuga

May 29, 2016
Led cover not working

Purchased the led cover fo samsung galaxy 7 edge..all of a sudden it's not working. Does anyone know own why this is happening

EJFJCorp

May 29, 2016
Purchased the led cover fo samsung galaxy 7 edge..all of a sudden it's not working. Does anyone know own why this is happening

They do not respect the February 1994 EJFJ Contextual Computing rules given to Ericsson and Philips and all other partners... Products are made to be sold, not to be used by any human being, as the device does not recognize the user and have lot of expensive tehchnologies to pretendly recognize him (fingerprints, ...) but who do not assume any security (as introduced in March 15th, 1996 by MediSecure International PSC and Bill !nternational Technologies PSC International Reference Norms, the SFM:id2004 is abusing of customers, from companies and from countries!)...

gingerdude

Apr 23, 2012
They do not respect the February 1994 EJFJ Contextual Computing rules given to Ericsson and Philips and all other partners... Products are made to be sold, not to be used by any human being, as the device does not recognize the user and have lot of expensive tehchnologies to pretendly recognize him (fingerprints, ...) but who do not assume any security (as introduced in March 15th, 1996 by MediSecure International PSC and Bill !nternational Technologies PSC International Reference Norms, the SFM:id2004 is abusing of customers, from companies and from countries!)...
I was with you all the way up to 'They do.........' :)

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Mosuga

May 29, 2016
I called samsung today and they are replacing it. They emailed me a shopping label while on the phone with them. *They have no issue replacing the cover. Just have your receipt and the cover of course ..called them and let them send a shopping label for ups. I was informed that it will take a total of 9-11 days from sending to receiving a new cover back.

:D:D:

vrda08

Aug 23, 2013
my case just stopped working.. it works on disable enable screen.. but led screen is not working.. i dont know why.. nfc is on..

Poslano sa mog SM-G935F koristeći Tapatalk

queviko

Aug 20, 2008
Fled Flip Cover not working anymore

I'm having the same issue since 2 days. For no reason, leds does not show up anymore.

Not sure what the reason is and why so many people get that issue almost during same period seems to be.

I still did not see any proposal that could help.
Any idea guyes?

Thanks in advance

vrda08

Aug 23, 2013
same problem for me.. its stops working since 2 day ago.. led its not working.. I remeber one notification morning before that.. it was some acessories update to install.. maybe some sw bug?!

ysloo

Sep 1, 2009
I am having the same issue. Just use for 1 month and suddenly it is not working. Not cool :(

vrda08

Aug 23, 2013
its very strange... there is now more and more of us coming with this problem.. maybe it is bad quality of connectors in case or some other problem.. weird

mokorx

Apr 7, 2007
I fixed the issue

Problem solve for me
I have been having issue with LED flip cover as well. Through searching internet someone has posted that the LED work fine when the flip cover is on metal surface. So I try put the led flip cover on my ipad front and back, it seems to fine on the front (screen side better). I assume that it need something to bounce or block signal on some particular area of the phone back side.

I end up using kitchen type aluminum foil approx. 0.5- 1" width and lenght equal to the width of my S7 edge place just below the camera between the glass back and flip cover. With this aluminum foil everything work perfect. Led always show when close the flip, swipe work when phone ring or alarm on everytime, press power switch always turn on led now.

Note that since I never use NFC, interference to these function is unknown. Wireless charging is fine.

Just happy that now my LED works everytime instead of sometime. Hope this help some of you who may encounter and have been annoying with this LED flip cover from Samsung.

image of Aluminum foil placement
w w w .mx7.com/i/ce7/yvSlHe.jpeg

Note: on link please take space out after each w.

MoKO

Reactions: babo1983
Problem solve for me
I have been having issue with LED flip cover as well. Through searching internet someone has posted that the LED work fine when the flip cover is on metal surface. So I try put the led flip cover on my ipad front and back, it seems to fine on the front (screen side better). I assume that it need something to bounce or block signal on some particular area of the phone back side.

I end up using kitchen type aluminum foil approx. 0.5- 1" width and lenght equal to the width of my S7 edge place just below the camera between the glass back and flip cover. With this aluminum foil everything work perfect. Led always show when close the flip, swipe work when phone ring or alarm on everytime, press power switch always turn on led now.

Note that since I never use NFC, interference to these function is unknown. Wireless charging is fine.

Just happy that now my LED works everytime instead of sometime. Hope this help some of you who may encounter and have been annoying with this LED flip cover from Samsung.

image of Aluminum foil placement
w w w .mx7.com/i/ce7/yvSlHe.jpeg

Note: on link please take space out after each w.

MoKO
Yeah but...why!? It's great that it solved the problem but why have to do this!?

This case is a mystery to me!

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: Painman1963

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    same problem

Hi all, I got the same problem, two months have passed and my case is dead! Since it to me I will not change for a new one, I decided to find out why it stopped working. Since I have experience with electronics, I examine case apart. I will not go into details, there's a serious problem, the problem lies in the flexible cable between the base of which is fixed phone and cap, this place is subject to numerous bending, where there is communication gap. You say, "It's a flexible cable It is for this!". I will tell you the following: The cable must be bent in a circle! But there it is bent 90 degrees! Theoretically, it can be repaired, but not for long time. Most likely, I will contact the technical service of samsung and will write a complaint and give them this information, and I will ask for equipment replacement. This is not a software problem, the problem is the design of cover, do not waste time and money on it.
    20160723_155216.jpg

20160723_155216.jpg

20160723_155250.jpg

20160723_155857.jpg
    I was with you all the way up to 'They do.........' :)

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    I called samsung today and they are replacing it. They emailed me a shopping label while on the phone with them. *They have no issue replacing the cover. Just have your receipt and the cover of course ..called them and let them send a shopping label for ups. I was informed that it will take a total of 9-11 days from sending to receiving a new cover back.

:D:D:
    I would like to add that 90% of the time you will NOT be able to fix this issue as it is hardware related and is not really fixable. After owning three of this covers and all died I decided to dissect them to investigate. There is a very small ribbon cable with about 10 strands that feeds the LED and runs inside the leather of the hinge part of the cover. On all three of my covers this cable had snapped which has happened just by the process of folding the phone case back on itself to use the phone. The cable is within the leather itself so cannot be replaced or really repairing it without tearing the case to bits. If you own one of these cases you simply have to remember not to folder the cover over the back, it will last about 6 months of moderate usage before the cable will snap.
    LED Cover working again

Hi there, here my experience.
    My LED cover stopped working after a screen replacement. I first didn't believe in a hardware issue and started to search here and on the internet about a possible solution. Then I updated my phone with the latest firmware, did a factory reset/wipe etc. Nothing worked. Today I took the phone back to our local Samsung Service Centre. They fixed it in less than 20 minutes. What happened is during the screen replacement they didn't properly install the wireless charging unit. The LED cover gets its power from this unit (and not from NFC and aluminium foil and other ridiculous suggestions I read here!) It is true, however, that the "accessories" option in settings is only available when the LED cover is snapped on the phone. Without it it disappears! I hope this report helps some people with the same problem. Unfortunately, I did not get any support on XDA despite my questions in several S7 Edge threads. LJ