[TOOL][SCRIPT][05 Sep 2012]S-off for HBOOT 1.16 and above[v3.4.1]

Search This thread

ubik7

Dec 27, 2011
Budapest
Detailed in this post is a way to downgrade your Incredible S Hboot version 1.16 and above to version 1.13 so it can be s-offed using revolutionary. This is made possible with the TacoRoot exploit, an unsecured kernel, misc_version_universal and an automated goldcard algorithm.

Please note that phones with the latest ICS hboot (2.02 currently) will have to be bootloader UNLOCKED from htcdev.com. If your hboot 2.02 phone does not have an unlocked bootloader, do NOT run this script.

(Insert usual disclaimer: not responsible for your bricked phone blah blah etc).

Beware also that you will lose everything on the phone so back it all up if necessary.

Always make sure the script has completed without error before continuing with the RUU downgrade.

Requires:

MicroSD card (2GB,4GB or 8GB recommended).
Windows PC.
HTC Sync (Installed then uninstalled for ADB drivers).
View attachment 1303371 [highlight]Link to post, not attachment. No mirrors please.[/highlight]

RUU used for downgrade, model number PG3213000(Typical IncS)
Dropbox Mirror

Alternate RUU for Canadian Bell or South American IncS users, model number PG3212000
Dropbox Mirror

Procedure:

Extract all the files from the downgrade toolkit to your PC and run runme.cmd, following the instructions on screen. The only inputs you should be required to make are:

1. Answering y or n at the prompts
2. Rebooting your phone out of recovery (also when/if prompted)

You may receive this error during the script operation "rm failed for /data/data/recovery/log, No such file or directory" This error can be disregarded.

Then run the RUU Downgrade (takes a while, around 10 mins so be patient).

When its finished running, you can verify if you have 1.13.0000 hboot by entering hboot (power on phone + vol down).

Then you can run revolutionary to get your s-off!

Support: (Before asking for help make sure you read and follow the instructions in both the procedure and the script)

While every possible precaution has been taken to ensure the script works on all versions of our phone under all windows environments, there is a possibility that you may get stuck on a step and require assistance. To make this process go as quickly as possible for both parties, please include the following information when requesting help:

A full output of the script, either by screenshot or copy/paste
The operating system specifics: hboot version, stock or custom(provide name) recovery or Rom and if the phone is rooted
(optional)An output of the command "fastboot getvar all" deleting imei and serial no.

Changelog:
v3.4.1 Corrected syntax causing errors for rooted users
v3.4 Added option for users on stock ICS hboot (2.02)
v3.3 Fixed main version downgrade and goldcard creation issues for some users & other minor fixes
v3.2 Repackaged and re-encoded in windows environment for compatibility issues
v3.1 Fixed issue with gold card creation on non-rooted phones
v3.0 Changed temp root method to TacoRoot changed misc_version to misc_version_universal & other minor fixes
v2.1 Changed downgrade version to help prevent user error & other minor fixes
v2.0 Added goldcard script and relock bootloader for users unlocked via htcdev
v1.1 Added option in batch file for rooted and non-rooted users
v1.0 original upload

Credits:
tpbklake: For his unsecured kernel
jcase: Author of TacoRoot
hyuh: For misc_version_universal
viperbjk from RevSkills: For the goldcard algorithm.
GenePoole: For the android goldcard binary.
Revolutionary Team: For s-off Hboot.

And to everyone who contributed. If I have missed anyone that would like to be credited on this guide, pm me and I will be happy to oblige.

thx!

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
i need to write, because i want to collect 10 comments to get the chance to write the development forums:) so it is... its stupid, but what should i do?:)

You should find something worth saying instead of ruining others threads with your useless spam. If you have nothing to say in general, what makes you think that you have anything to say in development?

Reactions: tpbklake

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
You should find something worth saying instead of ruining others threads with your useless spam. If you have nothing to say in general, what makes you think that you have anything to say in development?

On a nicer note, perhaps answer question threads if you have an answer, post your opinion if someone asks for one, maybe post a photo you've taken in the photos thread
We were all in your position at one stage, I remember how frustrating it was getting my 10 posts to post in development or change my signature
Just don't look like someone spamming for your 10 posts and no one will treat you like one :)

Sorry nonverbose for taking up space in your thread
Peace, welcome to the community

Last edited:
Reactions: Nonverbose

ubik7

Dec 27, 2011
Budapest

and what? please show me some interesting and useful topic in the general forum! i am already roooted, s-off, etc. my incredible s phone...
so, i need Nik's help... and maybe my feedbacks could be useful for him

but thanks for asking:) it was helpful:D just one more...

and yes, its a little bit frustrating... sry

Last edited:

zijin_cheng

Aug 2, 2012
Toronto
www.mobiletechasia.com
I S-Off'ed my Incredible S virgin Canada stupidly without doing a nandroid backup, and I want to S-On and stock ROM so my friend can use it (he wants updates)

I've tried searching this thread for answers I'm looking for but I think my question is too basic so its assumed that everyone knows what it is.

I know the procedure is S-On, then run RUU and go into H-Boot and install the stock zip file just like how I did with CM7.

However, a few questions, how do I S-ON? using revolutionary's again? (I used his the first time)
What is RUU? Where can I find it and download it?
I downloaded http://www.filefactory.com/file/c13ced3/n/RUU_Vivo_BellMobility_WWE_1.37.666.3_Radio_Radio_20.23.30.0802U_38.02.01.17_M_release_174461_signed.exe
thinking it was a zip file containing the rom, but it is an exe!!! What do I do with it? Also, it says AU so is it australian? Or can I download the bellmobility RUU from here?
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c13ced3/n/RUU_Vivo_BellMobility_WWE_1.37.666.3_Radio_Radio_20.23.30.0802U_38.02.01.17_M_release_174461_signed.exe

Is there a comprehensive guide to installing stock roms on Canadian Incredible S on Bell/Virgin?

Last edited:

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
I S-Off'ed my Incredible S virgin Canada stupidly without doing a nandroid backup, and I want to S-On and stock ROM so my friend can use it (he wants updates)

I've tried searching this thread for answers I'm looking for but I think my question is too basic so its assumed that everyone knows what it is.

I know the procedure is S-On, then run RUU and go into H-Boot and install the stock zip file just like how I did with CM7.

However, a few questions, how do I S-ON? using revolutionary's again? (I used his the first time)
I downloaded http://www.filefactory.com/file/c13ced3/n/RUU_Vivo_BellMobility_WWE_1.37.666.3_Radio_Radio_20.23.30.0802U_38.02.01.17_M_release_174461_signed.exe
thinking it was a zip file containing the rom, but it is an exe!!! What do I do with it? Also, it says AU so is it australian? Or can I download the bellmobility RUU from here?
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c13ced3/n/RUU_Vivo_BellMobility_WWE_1.37.666.3_Radio_Radio_20.23.30.0802U_38.02.01.17_M_release_174461_signed.exe

Is there a comprehensive guide to installing stock roms on Canadian Incredible S on Bell/Virgin?

This post gives you the instructions to get you to s-on. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31082773&postcount=1209
You run the ruu exe file on your PC. AU in that case does not mean Australian, we don't have a Bell Mobility carrier here.

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007

Both of those Bell Mobility RUUs that you referenced are the original Froyo versions and you will radio brick your phone if you attempt to use those.

You need to use the Gingerbread Bell Mobility RUU located here:

RUU_Vivo_Gingerbread_S_BM_2.28.666.3_Radio_20.2805.30.085AU_3805.04.03.27_M_release_199657_signed.exe

I hope you see this message before you try to flash the Froyo RUU.

teelin89

Sep 5, 2012
The script caters for both rooted and non-rooted devices. You have a custom Rom therefore you're rooted. The goldcard is created by the script if you choose so. It is referenced in the introduction of my first post.

What is the use of goldcard anyway?
If any errors happened in s-off process, can it be fixed?
I'm kinda worry coz I'm not good with this.

zijin_cheng

Aug 2, 2012
Toronto
www.mobiletechasia.com
Both of those Bell Mobility RUUs that you referenced are the original Froyo versions and you will radio brick your phone if you attempt to use those.

You need to use the Gingerbread Bell Mobility RUU located here:

RUU_Vivo_Gingerbread_S_BM_2.28.666.3_Radio_20.2805.30.085AU_3805.04.03.27_M_release_199657_signed.exe

I hope you see this message before you try to flash the Froyo RUU.

Hey no worries, I'm not going to flash back until I receive my galaxy s2 in the mail :), thanked.

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
What is the use of goldcard anyway?
If any errors happened in s-off process, can it be fixed?
I'm kinda worry coz I'm not good with this.

I answered your question about goldcards in your first post. If you need more information about it, search.

If you follow the instructions in the first post and something still manages to go wrong, it can be fixed. If you're worried, run the script and post the contents of the cmd window in this thread and I will be able to confirm whether it is safe to continue.

Ozgurce

Jun 29, 2011
www.mnyk.net
You only need htcdev if you updated to official ics. I haven't been able to find an exploit for it yet.
This is the problem for me.I don't want to loose warranty. Turkey HTC care (teleservice) is the worst. So if they find out I'm s-offed with htcdev method, they will blame me for everything when I sent my phone to service.
I think I must wait for exploit.
PS: Desire S have ICS update too, are they have any downgrade tool or something? Exploit etc?

pizzydmgm

Jul 16, 2009
pizzydmgm

Please people i need a help!!! I did all from the first page but with no sucsess. Problem is when i run RUU phone freeze at "sending to device"! If anyone know what problem is to help!!! Thanks!!!

Ozgurce

Jun 29, 2011
www.mnyk.net
If i fund anything can i sene you the details ? Im not really good at exploits, and i dont have mine original ruu so if anything goes sting i cant fix or go back to stock.
I'll be digging :)

HTC Incredible S cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
If i fund anything can i sene you the details ? Im not really good at exploits, and i dont have mine original ruu so if anything goes sting i cant fix or go back to stock.
I'll be digging :)

HTC Incredible S cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

Sure, I could put make sure it works for our device and put something together. I have tried doing some research too but haven't had much luck. All exploits that allow us to gain temproot are security risks for our device so they are usually fixed. While that gives peace of mind for regular users, it doesn't help those of us who want to unlock our devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Detailed in this post is a way to downgrade your Incredible S Hboot version 1.16 and above to version 1.13 so it can be s-offed using revolutionary. This is made possible with the TacoRoot exploit, an unsecured kernel, misc_version_universal and an automated goldcard algorithm.

Please note that phones with the latest ICS hboot (2.02 currently) will have to be bootloader UNLOCKED from htcdev.com. If your hboot 2.02 phone does not have an unlocked bootloader, do NOT run this script.

(Insert usual disclaimer: not responsible for your bricked phone blah blah etc).

Beware also that you will lose everything on the phone so back it all up if necessary.

Always make sure the script has completed without error before continuing with the RUU downgrade.

Requires:

MicroSD card (2GB,4GB or 8GB recommended).
    Windows PC.
    HTC Sync (Installed then uninstalled for ADB drivers).
    View attachment IncS_MVDTKv3.4.1.zip [highlight]Link to post, not attachment. No mirrors please.[/highlight]

RUU used for downgrade, model number PG3213000(Typical IncS)
    Dropbox Mirror

Alternate RUU for Canadian Bell or South American IncS users, model number PG3212000
    Dropbox Mirror

Procedure:

Extract all the files from the downgrade toolkit to your PC and run runme.cmd, following the instructions on screen. The only inputs you should be required to make are:

1. Answering y or n at the prompts
    2. Rebooting your phone out of recovery (also when/if prompted)

You may receive this error during the script operation "rm failed for /data/data/recovery/log, No such file or directory" This error can be disregarded.

Then run the RUU Downgrade (takes a while, around 10 mins so be patient).

When its finished running, you can verify if you have 1.13.0000 hboot by entering hboot (power on phone + vol down).

Then you can run revolutionary to get your s-off!

Video Guide kindly provided by locn:

Use on stock ICS device

Part 1. This video goes through the process of down grading HBOOT to 1.13.0000 so that we can then use revolutionary method to gain S-OFF.
    http://youtu.be/PbwE6pXOdco

Part 2. This video covers how to get S-OFF on the HTC IncS using revolutionary method.
    http://youtu.be/alSEpJMJrjo

Support: (Before asking for help make sure you read and follow the instructions in both the procedure and the script)

While every possible precaution has been taken to ensure the script works on all versions of our phone under all windows environments, there is a possibility that you may get stuck on a step and require assistance. To make this process go as quickly as possible for both parties, please include the following information when requesting help:

A full output of the script, either by screenshot or copy/paste
    The operating system specifics: hboot version, stock or custom(provide name) recovery or Rom and if the phone is rooted
    (optional)An output of the command "fastboot getvar all" deleting imei and serial no.

Changelog:
    v3.4.1 Corrected syntax causing errors for rooted users
    v3.4 Added option for users on stock ICS hboot (2.02)
    v3.3 Fixed main version downgrade and goldcard creation issues for some users & other minor fixes
    v3.2 Repackaged and re-encoded in windows environment for compatibility issues
    v3.1 Fixed issue with gold card creation on non-rooted phones
    v3.0 Changed temp root method to TacoRoot changed misc_version to misc_version_universal & other minor fixes
    v2.1 Changed downgrade version to help prevent user error & other minor fixes
    v2.0 Added goldcard script and relock bootloader for users unlocked via htcdev
    v1.1 Added option in batch file for rooted and non-rooted users
    v1.0 original upload

Credits:
    tpbklake: For his unsecured kernel
    jcase: Author of TacoRoot
    hyuh: For misc_version_universal
    viperbjk from RevSkills: For the goldcard algorithm.
    GenePoole: For the android goldcard binary.
    Revolutionary Team: For s-off Hboot.

And to everyone who contributed. If I have missed anyone that would like to be credited on this guide, pm me and I will be happy to oblige.
    Great Script! Made some Videos for it!

Hi Nonverbose

Thanks for making it so easy for us! Finally got around to doing this and it worked flawlessly for me!

I made videos of the process which i followed here and thought it might be able to help someone out.

Part 1. This video goes through the process of down grading HBOOT to 1.13.0000 so that we can then use revolutionary method to gain S-OFF.
    http://youtu.be/PbwE6pXOdco

Part 2. This video covers how to get S-OFF on the HTC IncS using revolutionary method.
    http://youtu.be/alSEpJMJrjo

Hope it helps!

Cheers
    Just to confirm, the gold card is required.

So happy to finally have s-off. Very annoying not being able to use OTA updates.
    @pressytcn very pretty and extremely large photo of your phone in stock recovery waiting for you to press volume up + volume down + power button, just like it says in the screenshot of the script you provided. Learn to read.

sorry my mistake
    i learned it now and tried flashing as you said
    the result is
    E: Signature verification failed
    installation aborted

If you were doing what I said, there would be no signature check to fail. I asked you to flash a custom rom and rerun the script, providing a screenshot of the result. Fail.

If your phone is operational, don't bother trying to follow this guide. Its out of your depth unfortunately. If your phone cannot boot a rom, I will help you get it working again.

Worked flawlessly.. no interruptions... no issues!
    Thanks mate... :)

It is encouraging to see there's users in the xda community that can still follow a reasonably simple set of instructions. Thanks for the feedback :)
    Hey, why don't you try giving an answer instead of being smartass ? I CAN'T FIND any info about my specifications.Info on this forum is really messy.I found info about hboot 2.02, i found hboot 2.00 s-on locked but not mine.I don't want make my phone bricked.If you want to help, help or just suht up, ok.I don't really care you are writing a script.I think xda have to cleaned from behaving like you.Like adolescent...

I have been supporting this method for almost 1 year but still I need to read this crap. The title says this method is for hboot 1.16 and above. You're on v2.00 obviously that is above 1.16, not only that, you are coming here asking if flashing a recovery image will give you s-off? If you don't want your phone bricked, how about you research what the hell you're doing. If that's too difficult then you should not be modifying your phone. Simple as that.