SmartBand SWR10 3rd party Apps and Hacks

Search This thread

thaivubk

Jul 20, 2015
You can simply set smartband application to None and intercepr with Tasker the notification with text "Application Mode".
To launch the voice search on tasker add an action "Launch App" then long press on "Googl" and select "VoiceSearchActivity".

Hope this may help.
Ax

Hi
Can you help me please
I need to wake up my phone from smart band talk
after that, my phone auto lauch to google now
after that, i click on to my band, voice search active
after that, i say to my band, google now on my phone run

vibecatalin

Jul 6, 2008
I hacked together an app to control the SmartBand's vibrations.

Its a Tasker plugin which can be set to output a series of notifications with a defined interval between them. The app can be then selected in the SmartBand Notifications configuration so the notifications cause a vibration.

An infinite number of notifications can be generated and notifications can also be cancelled at any point.

Consider this alpha code..

The code is based on the Locale demo plugin so probably would work with anything that can load Locale plugins. Not tested in anything other than Tasker though.

The APK is here (replace the xx - can't post links yet):

hxxps://github.com/markchalloner/smartbandnotifications/raw/master/bin/SmartBandNotifications.apk

The code is here (needs a bit of cleanup)

hxxps://github.com/markchalloner/smartbandnotifications

Screenshots attached.

Thank you so much. It is working just fine.

J26M377

Dec 28, 2012
Hi,
I recently tried to connect the Smartband SWR10 with the Google Fit App.
Google Fit showsup in the Smart Band App but I dont know how to connect these two.
I just have the option to dowload Google Fit from Playstore.
Any Ideas`?

Trespassing

Jun 5, 2012
Taunusstein
Hi,
I recently tried to connect the Smartband SWR10 with the Google Fit App.
Google Fit showsup in the Smart Band App but I dont know how to connect these two.
I just have the option to dowload Google Fit from Playstore.
Any Ideas`?
For me there is no option neither usable not unusable... Since SWR12 and SWR30 communicate with GoogleFit it should be possible to make it available to SWR10, too, or?

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

nicoxis

Jan 29, 2016
Punta Arenas, Chile
I'm also trying to connect my SWR10 to Google Fit and I've had no luck. If you look under connected applications there are three options, "Google Fit apps & devices", "Apps with Google Sign-In" and "All applications". The first option doesn't show anything related to the smartband but the second one does show Lifelog, does this mean it should work? Should I be doing anything additional?

oopps24

Feb 26, 2016
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
swr10 wakeup function on OnePlus One

Hello
has everyone an idea to use the wakeup function with the swr 10 on my oneplus one device? Normal you can use it only with xperia devices.
Thanks for your help.
lg

Raephen

May 9, 2015
I wanted to be able to switch phone into a night mode (task defined in Tasker) when I switch my Smartband into a night mode. Googling around I found that a variable %AxBand holds band's state, but when I monitor it in Tasker, its state doesn't change. And I don't know if I'm doing it wrong in Tasker or if something has changed and it's no longer possible.

Is here anyone who played with it and can point me in the right direction, please?

ahvipardik

Aug 3, 2012
I wonder how hard is it to change smartband uid or something like that in order to get it work like Moov It. Since the smartband otherwise is pretty pointless, but hardware is probably similar to Moov, it would be nice to use it with the app. :D

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

LinuxMano

Jun 15, 2021
Eu tenho uma teoria ...

Olá a todos,

Venho rastejando neste tópico desde pouco depois de dezembro, quando ganhei meu SWR10 de Natal. Tenho agoniado com o fato de que não consigo encontrar uma API para mexer e realmente aproveitar os hacks de tasker e outras ideias que encontrei aqui. Fiquei incomodado com o fato de a handyGames ser capaz de integrar o Aces of the Luftwaffe com o SWR10, então continuei pesquisando.

Recentemente, percebi que o jogo deles instala uma extensão para o SWR10 que pode ser selecionada na configuração do aplicativo. É assim que a banda consegue lançar e interagir com o jogo. Seguindo essa linha, fui e encontrei o seguinte:
desenvolvedor <dot> sony <dot> com / reference / sony-addon-sdk / packages

É a API para a criação de extensões para dispositivos inteligentes da Sony.

Acho que pode ser tão simples quanto usar com.sonyericsson.extras.liveware.extension.util.registration.RegistrationHelper para registrar sua extensão personalizada com o aplicativo SmartBand. Depois disso, existem pacotes para interface com controles, notificações e sensores. Vou brincar com ele, mas meu Java é muito fraco e tenho dois filhos pequenos.:)

Pensei em postar aqui para ser abatido rapidamente ou para despertar o interesse de alguém com kung fu sério.

-M
2021, guided by you, i made contact with Handy Games, the developers of Aces of Luftwaffe, and i got a answer:

Screenshot_1.png

Yes, we got the API's to devlop for SWR10.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SmartBand Notifications App

I hacked together an app to control the SmartBand's vibrations.

Its a Tasker plugin which can be set to output a series of notifications with a defined interval between them. The app can be then selected in the SmartBand Notifications configuration so the notifications cause a vibration.

An infinite number of notifications can be generated and notifications can also be cancelled at any point.

Consider this alpha code..

The code is based on the Locale demo plugin so probably would work with anything that can load Locale plugins. Not tested in anything other than Tasker though.

The APK is here (replace the xx - can't post links yet):

hxxps://github.com/markchalloner/smartbandnotifications/raw/master/bin/SmartBandNotifications.apk

The code is here (needs a bit of cleanup)

hxxps://github.com/markchalloner/smartbandnotifications

Screenshots attached.
    Hello,

so I was wondering if it is possible to program for SWR10 and asked Sony Support. There is no public API. Too bad.

Well, it's a device, so it's hackable. But at this point I have no idea where to start. So I was wondering, how does it work with my Xperia Z2.

There are 2 main apps if you are using the SmartBand. The SmartConnect app, which is the main connecting app for all accessories, as well as the SmartBand app, which is not listed in the normal Android app menu as well as not executable. Though you can get into the SmartBand app properties via the SmartConnect app.

Because the SmartConnect app is the main connecting app not only for Xperia Z2 but other Sony Smartphones, and Sony can't assume every customer will buy a SmartBand i don't think any SmartBand specific code is used in this app. I think, the SmartBand app itself can be described as a driver app, kind of. So all communication etc is done with this app.

With this information, or theory, I decompiled the app. I used a backup of the apk, dex2jar and jdgui to take a look at the source code.

Well at this point I was surprised. It's a lot of source code but with the current version of the app (1.4.0.392) the source code is not obfuscated.
    It's a lot to read, but thanks to Sony the class names and variable names help a lot.

At this point you can take a look at the source code, but not at the app itself, as many resource files are missing. But there is a nice application (yes, application, this kind of .exe thing that runs on your computer) of Sony called the APKAnalyser

I haven't really used it much and just configured everything to default (Android SDK, no custom one) and was able to take a look at a lot of resource files. I think, if I scan the app for Sony SDKs it is also possible to get to know which available SDKs Sony uses for the SmartBand.

I just started analysing everything, but wanted to share it, if there is any interested person. Maybe someone of you is currently working on a similar project? Or someone worked on a similar project?
    Also, I am not sure if what I have done could be used in any kind for programming the SmartBand or hacking it later. I am new to this, so I have no idea :D

If someone explains to me, why what I am doing is bull****, I know that I have to rethink everything.

My idea would be the following (at first):
    If I could manipulate the "driver app" or use my own, I could add custom properties to define the number of vibrations for specific app notifications and could add other custom functionality.

Also, what kind of legal limbo am I doing right now? :confused:

Cheers

PS. Links and Pictures will be added as soon as I am allowed to post outsite links :cool:
    Unlock Android Smart Lock (Lollipop) using SWR10

Not sure if this is the right place to share this, but I finally managed to use my SWR10 to unlock Google Smart Lock (Lollipop). Not sure if it'll work with different apps or even different smartband model.

Anway, what I had to do was:
    - Uninstall the SmartBand extension app and connect the smartband manually via bluetooth (cause I noticed SmartBand App somehow hides the device).
    - Then just simply set the SmartBand as trusted device in Android Smart Lock Settings. It should appears as connected bluetooth devices.
    - You can then reinstall the SmartBand App from the Play Store and it should work as normal. (It may remove all your SmartBand settings).

Update: Android Smart Lock refuses to work after reboot even though it still says connected.. Guess its probably not worth it to uninstall/reinstall SmartBand App everytime at this point. Unless we can find a way to unhide SmartBand from bluetooth devices list
    @ch3mn3y

You need an sony experia form to officialy enable transportation modes and track these things. If your phone is rooted, there is a way to make the app believe it is on an sony phone - just search for it on the forum

My general thoughts now on the platform:
    While the idea was great 1 year ago - the development on this took way to long and the application is cumbersome to handle. The online website is a big disappointment and cumbersome to navigate. The insights gathered is pretty much useless since it does not provide proper statistics ( a weekly/monthly overview including all measurements would be too useful wouldn`t it?). The lifelog app doesn`t offer much for logging the life outside of what sony thinks that lifelogging means - it misses for example integration of a diary function - tracking of fitness related information (i.e. nutrition or manually entering information about a type of workout).

Looking at the documentation of the api its cumbersome to use and only provides access to "raw data" - there are no daily/weekly/monthly summaries available which means developers will have to put more of their own resources into using the api.
    Now the api is finally available - but sony missed a huge step - starting the api off together with 3rd parties that already provide more functionality to their cumbersome software. So now the users have to persuade other companies to integrate what sony failed to do in the first place....

And as I have mentioned before - the lifelog api will not allow access to the bands functionality and thus you can not create individual notifications with the band besides the idea with the tasker plugin ....

For me I had patience waiting for sony to take a different route - but now I am letting go of the smartband and will move to a different platform. (I am sad that bodymedia is discontinued but looking for successor of that)
    I've got a theory...

Hi all,

I've been crawling this thread since shortly after December when I got my SWR10 for Christmas. I've been agonizing over the fact that I can't find an API to tinker around with and really enjoy the tasker hacks and other ideas I found here. It kept bugging me that handyGames was able to integrate Aces of the Luftwaffe with the SWR10 though, so I continued digging.

It recently dawned on me that their game installs an extension for the SWR10 that can be selected in the Application Configuration. That's how the band is able to launch and interface with the game. Taking that tack I went and found this:
    developer<dot>sony<dot>com/reference/sony-addon-sdk/packages

It's the API for creating extensions for Sony's smart devices.

I think it may be as simple as using com.sonyericsson.extras.liveware.extension.util.registration.RegistrationHelper to register your custom extension with the SmartBand application. After that, there are packages for interfacing with controls, notifications, and sensors. I'm going to play around with it, but my Java is pretty weak and I have two small children. :)

Thought I would post it here to get shot down quick, or drum up interest from someone with serious kung fu.

-M