Memory upgrade on HTC 7 PRO

Search This thread

uiqjirka

May 27, 2006
Prague
For those, who are interested where the microSC card of HTC 7 is hidden...I provide some pictures and a short description

how to do the memory upgrade on HTC 7 PRO

1. remove the battery cover, take out the battery and sim card
2. dismount the four cross-head screw
3. dismounnt the non-standard big screw on the lower left side
4. at this point there are no screws on the rear cover part so I have just removed it with the help of my fingers while the keyboard was opened
5.after removing the rear cover part you will see in the upper part the sim card slot, on the other side of the slot the microSD card is hidden. Slot is slightly sticked to the middle part of the cover - picture 1+2

On the left side there is a flex so it can be removed from the right to the left together with flashlight. After removing it (but carefully) you will se the sealed microSD card 8GB Sandisc class 4 - picture 4+2

I have replaced it with the card Sandisk 32GB class 2! 32GB Class 4 cards are not compatible.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

For czech users is manual here : http://smartmania.mobilmania.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=23398

Last edited:

92GTA

Mar 26, 2005
Thanks!

I just ordered a Class 10 32GB card from NewEgg for my HTC Arrive!

Alex

uiqjirka

May 27, 2006
Prague
Lexar Class 10 32gb MicroSD will not work with HTC 7 PRO
It is sure even Sandisk 32GB class 4 will not work. 100% certainty is Sandisk 32GB class 2 - the Class 4 cards are not compatible. Also note that Kingston or other brands are also not compatible.
In addition to it there is a topic where is written what kind of cards and class are possible to use especially with htc HD7,Trophy,Mozart,PRO 7...

Last edited:

92GTA

Mar 26, 2005
Lexar Class 10 32gb MicroSD will not work with HTC 7 PRO
It is sure even Sandisk 32GB class 4 will not work. 100% certainty is Sandisk 32GB class 2 - the Class 4 cards are not compatible. Also note that Kingston or other brands are also not compatible.
In addition to it there is a topic where is written what kind of cards and class are possible to use especially with htc HD7,Trophy,Mozart,PRO 7...

I'm going to NewEgg this second to order the 32GB Sandisk class 2 then. Soon as I receive my 32GB class 10 Patriot tomorrow, I'll just send it back unopened.

Thanks for the heads up!

neubhi

Mar 4, 2011
Hi,

im trying now to upgrade my phone's memory

but how to dismounnt the non-standard big screw on the lower left side?:confused:

cyclical

Mar 7, 2008
Thanks!

Alex
Let me know how that works out for you, so far I am not close to filling my 16GB built in memory, but if at some point in the future I get close I would like to know how to upgrade it as well.

shezza84

Jul 26, 2009
Will this definitely not void the warranty? This is awesome! Was one of my annoyances with the phone. But it was either this or that ugly lg quantam :p

Joe_PDA

Jul 1, 2003
Just to clarify, because I don't yet own this phone, you have to partially disassemble the phone to get the microsd card in/out?

Zukunft

Dec 1, 2009
is class 2 the only class which will work in the phone?
what´s with class 4,6 or 10?
or is the "more" speed not really noticeable?

JIeBKA

Feb 9, 2010
Belgorod
Oh, god... After resetting the phone, my Sim card doesn't work... I tried 2 sim cards. Sorry for off top... Has anybody faced such problem?
Phone shows up the message that there are no sim card, or sim-card unsupported. My HTC 7 pro wasn't locked to an operator.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those, who are interested where the microSC card of HTC 7 is hidden...I provide some pictures and a short description

how to do the memory upgrade on HTC 7 PRO

1. remove the battery cover, take out the battery and sim card
    2. dismount the four cross-head screw
    3. dismounnt the non-standard big screw on the lower left side
    4. at this point there are no screws on the rear cover part so I have just removed it with the help of my fingers while the keyboard was opened
    5.after removing the rear cover part you will see in the upper part the sim card slot, on the other side of the slot the microSD card is hidden. Slot is slightly sticked to the middle part of the cover - picture 1+2

On the left side there is a flex so it can be removed from the right to the left together with flashlight. After removing it (but carefully) you will se the sealed microSD card 8GB Sandisc class 4 - picture 4+2

I have replaced it with the card Sandisk 32GB class 2! 32GB Class 4 cards are not compatible.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

For czech users is manual here : http://smartmania.mobilmania.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=23398
    i done it!!!!!!

- format microSD card with utility called Panasonic SDformatter v2.0.0.3 (when formated card in windows, card not be recognized by HTC 7 Pro but with Panasonic utility, card working)...
    - after inserting card, pressed Vol up and down + power, get instruction for hard reset and after that my card working!!!!

also with Panasonic SDformatter restore microSD from HTC to full capacity
    Successfully Installed Sandisk 32GB Class 4

Some Tips

1: For odd shaped screw: Use a flat blade screwdriver, going in at 45-60 degrees to Phone in one of the arms of the "T". Hold the Screw Driver and spin the phone underneath it to undo the screw.

2: All installed Apps are listed in Desktop Zune at Settings>Account>Purchase History.

Good luck and Thanks to uiqjirka for the Thread.
    Thanks!

Alex

Alex,

Can you write on this thread whether it has worked or not as I'm looking to buy a Lexar Class 10 32gb MicroSD.

Thx :)
    you can remove this screw with classic screwdriver but you must be very careful...

for buy just search in eBay for "Mini T3 T-3 Torx 3 Head Screwdriver" or "30in1 ScrewDriver Tool Trox T3 T4 T5 T6 T7 T8 T10 T15"