[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

mikeflash

Jul 24, 2011
Maracaibo
Text messages works for me. As for touch sounds, i don't know, i have them off because those supposedly cause lots of partial wake locks that keep your phone from sleeping thus draining battery faster. And don't know about vibrate either, don't use them much for notifications.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

KonnerTomlinson

Jul 11, 2012
Indianapolis
i tried to use ROM Manager to create a backup. The phone proceeded to shut down . Then absolutely nothing . The phone will turn on but only show "Samsung Galaxy S II" then go to black screen. I tried using I777UCKH7 OCD Root No BL which brought me back to stock. now i cannot get stock recovery to flash anything and ROM Manager will not install CWM and i cannot flash CWM because of Stock 3e recovery. Does anyone have a fix for this? Sorry i'm a bit of a noob and i'm freaking.

Edit: Was running 7/22 Nightly with stock kernel

Last edited:

chibixzero

Sep 23, 2009
THOUSAND OAKS
www.saintzero.com
i tried to use ROM Manager to create a backup. The phone proceeded to shut down . Then absolutely nothing . The phone will turn on but only show "Samsung Galaxy S II" then go to black screen. I tried using I777UCKH7 OCD Root No BL which brought me back to stock. now i cannot get stock recovery to flash anything and ROM Manager will not install CWM and i cannot flash CWM because of Stock 3e recovery. Does anyone have a fix for this? Sorry i'm a bit of a noob and i'm freaking.

Edit: Was running 7/22 Nightly with stock kernel

I had the same issue basically I soft brick in just went back to stock using the guide to flash to stock on Android sticky then flash a kernel that had cwm using terminal you need root of course

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

KonnerTomlinson

Jul 11, 2012
Indianapolis
I had the same issue basically I soft brick in just went back to stock using the guide to flash to stock on Android sticky then flash a kernel that had cwm using terminal you need root of course

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

how do i flash a kernel with CWM when all the signature verification are failing in stock recovery?

Edit: Tried flashing Siyah with ODIN and got this
"<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1) "

Last edited:

elherr

Jul 26, 2011
Isla de Malhado
I had trouble on 6/24 (+/-) nightly getting a good lock, so went to RC2, still trouble (lots of satellites no lock). It does not seem solar as I have a captivate-- a really bad phone for GPS generally - and running CM9 7/20 held side by side with my I777 it locks in seconds both last night and today. I777 shows more sats and more signal but no lock on gpstest from chartcross.

I don't really know what to think about GPS anymore. It fixes now in about fifteen seconds for me, but never gets a strong signal. Solar flares I guess? I'm on 7/21 nightly.

I was having GPS lock problems after flashing 0721. I flashed 0715 and it did not seem to make a difference. I then flashed 0722 and reflashed baseband (modem) from UCLE5. GPS is now working.

I'm not sure if that actually was the fix, but GPS is still working nicely this morning.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Well, solar storms aren't going to affect the whole earth in the same way or even all the time, but lots of people both here and in the I9100 thread have been discussing GPS issues and since there don't seem to be any changes to the actual GPS code in CM, this could possibly be the culprit.

Yeah. There have been NO changes anywhere near the GPS code for a LONG time on I9100/I777/N7000.

I'll test on my I777 tonight.

As to solar flare issues... Can't fix... Sun wields -99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 on gerrit. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: rav4kar

KevinChaos

May 13, 2011
Is this true? I definitely don't want that. I'm not on RC2 anymore, but will definitely be more cautious from now on. Losing all my data from internal/external SD would make very sad.

This just happened to me and I'm not on RC2 :( I was on 0720. I tried to perform a backup and it gave me an error. it completely wiped my SD card and my phone won't boot now.... I hope I didn't completely lose everything. Pictures are what I'm most worried about.

Edit: everything on my sd card was lost. Pictures are really all that matter. The rest is fine.

I reinstalled the nightly and I also had to install gapps again for some reason. I didn't have to start over though. All of my apps were there and all themes and settings were in place. Gapps were mysteriously gone so I had no contacts and play store wouldn't open but that was an easy fix lol. Oh well, lesson learned I guess.

Last edited:

cmunic8r99

Jun 28, 2010
Raleigh
This just happened to me and I'm not on RC2 :( I was on 0720. I tried to perform a backup and it gave me an error. it completely wiped my SD card and my phone won't boot now.... I hope I didn't completely lose everything. Pictures are what I'm most worried about.

Edit: everything on my sd card was lost. Pictures are really all that matter. The rest is fine.

I reinstalled the nightly and I also had to install gapps again for some reason. I didn't have to start over though. All of my apps were there and all themes and settings were in place. Gapps were mysteriously gone so I had no contacts and play store wouldn't open but that was an easy fix lol. Oh well, lesson learned I guess.

I saw "freeing space" show up during a nandroid backup with CWM 6 and remembered reports of this happening. I immediately popped the battery, powered back on, and rebooted out of CWM (it went direectly there).

After verifying my sd card was OK, I flashed CWM 5.8.1.8 with ROM Manager and was able to nandroid backup successfully before flashing the next nightly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

scidon37

Feb 20, 2011

I saw "freeing space" show up during a nandroid backup with CWM 6 and remembered reports of this happening. I immediately popped the battery, powered back on, and rebooted out of CWM (it went direectly there).

After verifying my sd card was OK, I flashed CWM 5.8.1.8 with ROM Manager and was able to nandroid backup successfully before flashing the next nightly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I've seen the freeing space message but it has not wiped my sdcard. \knocks on wood

As for losing pictures, get the dropbox app and enable camera upload on mobile data. This will upload very soon after taking a picture and you won't lose them because of (almost) any catastrophe. This won't do anything about what you've already lost, but protect future photo.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

khenault

Jun 27, 2011
Corporate email crash

I treied configuring Accounts and sync to connect to my corporate Exchange email account, but the configuration app crashes. It comes up with a box that says "Unfortunately, Email has stopped." I can configure my account fine using Touchdown for Exchange.

I tried upgrading from RC2 to the 7/23 build, same error. Has anyone else seen this?

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
Last edited:

forzaazzurri

Jul 23, 2012
Made a big mistake and looking for some guidance. I've been having some bugs and decided to do a RC2 build but some of the minor bugs still persisted so in my Saturday morning pre-coffee stupidity laden haze I rebooted to recovery and hit format on everything.

Now I have a phone that boots to the Samsung Galaxy SII logo and just sits there. What steps do I need to recover my phone and be back to happy CM9 land. Appreciate the help.

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
Made a big mistake and looking for some guidance. I've been having some bugs and decided to do a RC2 build but some of the minor bugs still persisted so in my Saturday morning pre-coffee stupidity laden haze I rebooted to recovery and hit format on everything.

Now I have a phone that boots to the Samsung Galaxy SII logo and just sits there. What steps do I need to recover my phone and be back to happy CM9 land. Appreciate the help.

Can you get into download mode? If so, grab an odin flashable stock ROM, re-root it to get CWM back then reflash CM from CWM.

vladm7

Oct 8, 2011
Chicagoland
I777 uses the android_device_samsung_galaxys2 (since the hardware other than the buttons is the same) for it's build so it should hit both, yes.

are you sure that i777 tree uses galaxys2's for building?

Cause look, here are two separate commits about the same thing into i777 and galaxys2 trees:

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_galaxys2/commit/a12797fd5f25c9b6674da50e49048622f4ed5219

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_i777/commit/f16eaf43ebd1a7549d341ac2d2bea8eba41ce842

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto

Yes, build.prop would have to be different between models otherwise the I777 would identify itself as the I9100. There are going to be some different files (like the drivers for the buttons since the i777 has 4 touch buttons and the I9100 has 1 hardware and 2 touch), but the common stuff is built from the SII tree.

This right here would inherit all the common files between the 2 devices:
Code:
$(call inherit-product, device/samsung/galaxys2/galaxys2_base.mk)

Last edited:
Reactions: vladm7

vladm7

Oct 8, 2011
Chicagoland
Yes, build.prop would have to be different between models otherwise the I777 would identify itself as the I9100. There are going to be some different files (like the drivers for the buttons since the i777 has 4 touch buttons and the I9100 has 1 hardware and 2 touch), but the common stuff is built from the SII tree.

This right here would inherit all the common files between the 2 devices:
Code:
$(call inherit-product, device/samsung/galaxys2/galaxys2_base.mk)

k, understood... the fact that a commit would show up in 9100 changelog, but not in 777's on bbqdroid made me suspicious that we aren't getting all the good stuff ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues (All the same issues as GT-I9100 as almost all the code is the same - so pointing to the GT-I9100)

THE CM-TEAM DOESN'T ACCEPT BUG REPORTS OR FEATURE REQUESTS ON NIGHTLY BUILDS!
    A MISSING FEATURE IS NOT A BUG!!!

FAQs: Same as the GT-I9100 -- essentially the same code.
    FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    SPECIAL XDA NOOB FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:XDA_Asked_Questions

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your AT&T Galaxy S II (SGH-I777), or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running SGH-I777 bootloaders only (only the ones that are specifically released for the SGH-I777 -- official Gingerbread bootloaders work fine!) and a proper working CWM like the one from CM7
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Wipe cache partition and dalvik-cache
    - Reboot

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

No
    DO IT or leave this thread immediately.
    If you download anyway and start asking already answered or dumb questions, you'll get flamed.
    This is fully YOUR OWN FAULT then!

Yes
    Here's the download link for you.

Nightly builds can be found at ROM-Manager or at:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=i777

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from: http://goo-inside.me/gapps

CWM flashable Modems:
    UCLC2
    UCKK6
    UCKJ4
    UCKH7

Changelogs:
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=i777
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=galaxys2 -- mostly shared by the i777

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=1&channels=teamhacksung-support&uio=d4

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

Thread for Developers only(!!!):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1568852

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, Entropy512, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    nQpJD.png
    What I don't quite get is why there are nightly builds of this ROM but no fix yet to the audio bug.

Overall it is a pretty sweet ROM, and compared to the leaked ATT ICS ROM it kicks ass. The att rom is a bugging bloat ridden piece of crap.

The audio bug impacts the ROM as a daily driver, so much works right about the ROM but this bug in particular makes it a pain to use. Being able to receive a text while listening to streaming music and receiving a notification and have the music return to the previous sound level just does not seem like too much to ask.
    Because this "bug" hasn't impacted any developers and we've got a ton of other things to fix.

ICS KERNEL SOURCE HAS ONLY BEEN OUT THREE WEEKS.

IT HAD FUNDAMENTAL STABILITY BUGS WE DIDN'T FIND FIXES FOR UNTIL DAYS AGO.

THIS WEEKEND IS EASTER AND SOME OF US HAD HOLIDAY PREP TO DO LAST WEEK. WE HAVE OUR OWN LIVES YOU KNOW!

WE DON'T EXIST TO SERVE YOU.

Submit a fix to gerrit or stop *****ing and wait!
    codeworkx's tree is untested - it keeps derping. Looks like I'll have to temporarily rip out NFC.

It's 1:35 AM, I'm about to go to bed regardless of whether it builds or not.
    TriangleAway can be used on ICS to reset the flash counter.

Video recording upgrades are not merged in yet - it's in progress. No ETAs, but it's close. Don't ask when, of course - there are many reasons why a patch that works on our device will get rejected until rewritten in a way that doesn't break other devices.

A major dock audio cleanup by StevenHarperUK is in progress. It's working on my device now, so it's a matter of getting through code review.

I submitted a new kernel to gerrit that fixes stability issues when changing cpufreq min/max limits (e.g. fixes SetCPU profiles).

I'm going to hop over to TW-land for a while to do some stuff, then I think I might play with NFC.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Great. So 4/20 ****S **** UP AGAIN!

More mount point changes? Now all my gameloft apps that I JUST fixed last night are redownloading app data again. Same with my dropbox, as well as my spotify AGAIN.

Why are they doing this!!!??? THIS IS 2 TIMES I'M gonna have to RESTORE to get my **** right again. I mean, I get the first swap of mount points. It was needed to match other devices, but it's royally screwed my device. AGAIN!

Maybe some warning in PLAIN ENGLISH is in order. I'm about to give up on CM9.

get lost. your post is ridiculous. is this your rom? did you take any part in the development of this rom? NO and NO!!! how do you have any right to ***** or complain about something that you have NOTHING to do with? YOU DON'T! if you don't like it, FIX IT YOURSELF and submit it to gerritt and see if your changes get merged. either do something about it yourself or switch to a different rom. its that easy. no one forced you to use this rom. your post doesn't get you any closer to your solution so i'm not quite sure why you even posted this bull**** other then to complain about something that you have no right or control over. think about it.