[Modifying]A10 Chinese 2 DIN Car Audio WinCE6+Android 4.x.x with "GIBROID"

Search This thread

marianoroch

Jan 3, 2015
Reactions: christiandll

christiandll

Apr 5, 2017
Hi. Download link not checked but I think the file is good.

First of all, thank you very much for Uploading this file, I already prepared the SD Card with the image that you have provided!

But the problem I seem to be having that the device is not even reading SD Card, neither when I start the system, nor when I enter Android
from the menu. I would be glad if you could tell me what else could I try to make the device boot the image you have provided with the card.

Maybe there is a way to even hard reset the complete device, with a key combination? I really tried everything, but nothing seems to work,
when I try to start Android it is only blinking with black screen, not even the android logo appears.

Ok, I'm waiting for your directions!

Best wishes!!

bobcat66

Nov 11, 2017
ERISIN es1088m

Hve tried several times to get gibroid to wrk on this alongside win8 ui ..no go .
insert the sd card in gps slot and nothing,ive reset the device still nothing.
any advice would be great or maybe this unit is just not upto par..thanks guys.

dhcracker

Nov 14, 2017
noname 7010b

While trying to update firmware my unit went blackscreen! It seems to power on and the bluetooth is detected so I assume its powering up but the firmware probably crashed the wince... will this right here enable me to boot the device?

thi747

May 5, 2016
Well

Should we get any hopes up on having this awesome rom upgraded?

Apps are starting to get unsupported. A great video player I used and helped the developer building a decent shuffling function is now only 4.4+ supported...

I actually tried to build a KitKat rom for it 2 years ago but I lacked time, knowledge and study material. Testing was the hardest part because it's not like I'm removing the hardware from my car so everytime I changed anything I had to go downstairs. Time became shorter and I kind of abandoned it...

Last edited:
Reactions: mrtnb

coubertin

Feb 24, 2018
Hi guys first of all thanks to serge for his amazing worck but it dosent worck for me so all i have to do is to download the the serge0909... file and put it on the micro sd with win32 ? or there something i missed :( ?

coubertin

Feb 24, 2018
I need help :(

Hi guys i Did it :) but the radio system boot sometime on the sd sd card but sometime on the nand its normal ?

coubertin

Feb 24, 2018
I really need help

Hi guys i fixés this issue Alone too it was the sd card but now i have sometime ni signal on the android i dont know what to do

Ltorrano

Apr 21, 2018
Help please

Hello good afternoon, I need help, my radio cd has been left with the looped android logo, I have formatted but I get this message E: / failed to mount / System (invalid argument). How could I solve it? thanks greetings

jve85

Dec 20, 2019
I recently purchased a 2 din chinese 7023b radio for my car. Love it.

This model comes pre loaded with only a few foreign boot logos and I have a charger logo I would like to use from my sd card....unfortunately with this model I cannot set anything as wallpaper or a boot image from my sd card. And the links provided at the beginning of this thread are dead.

Can someone help me update the firmware or just help me to use my own boot image from the sd card?

Nowheree

Jan 9, 2024
Hi all

I want to present you the work done by Serg090909 on the 2 Din Chinese Car audio system many people begin to use.

This sort of Car audio use WinCe 6.0 for Radio/TV/BT and the Android part for GPS and everything android can handle.

I only found information about modification in russian language by this famous guy i want to thanks gratefuly : Serg090909.

He made possible to boot from Sd-Card new builds (apollo tvbox and caravn776 build) for this sort of car audio and called it "GIBROID".

With this way, you don't touch at the Nands and don't damage your system.
Insert back your original Sd-Card to boot normally, nothing is replaced in the nands when you switch to your GIBROID Sd-Card

Work has been done to backup your nand and write nand again, but for end users GIBROID from Sd-Card is a better thing and the easiest way to do.

You can find the link here :

New Serg090909 2014 Build at 26 november 2014 :

Part 1 of 4
Part 2 of 4
Part 3 of 4
Part 4 of 4

New Update at 3 december 2014 :

Caravn 4.0.4-776 500mb No bluetooth
Caravn 4.0.4-776 500mb With bluetooth

GIBROID 11 January 2014 Old Build

Part 1 of 3
Part 2 of 3
Part 3 of 3

GIBROID 01 November 2013 Old build

Part 1 of 8
Part 2 of 8
Part 3 of 8
Part 4 of 8
Part 5 of 8
Part 6 of 8
Part 7 of 8
Part 8 of 8

Video of GIBROID switching apollo tvbox to caravn776 build
UPLOADING, link available later today

Other needed files

A10 Backup sh
A10 Repack
Restore Backup
Adb Rom Backup A10 A13
Extract Dump from native firmware
PhoenixSuit
Switch Apollo Caravan

I 'll post pictures and updates to this thread and if anybody is interested in helping me reporting in English the continuous work of Serg090909 you are welcome to participate and report results here.

Thank you and have happy tests.

To readers : Respect the rules of XDA Forums and don't link to warez sites where you could found information about this
To moderators : Could it be possible to give me the right to post hyperlink or if not possible i'll wait 10 posts ;)
To Serg090909 : I don't speak russian and Google translations are not easy so if you want to help here you'll be my guest star ;)

HOW TO :

Install GIBROID on Sd-Card :

- Use Win32 Disk Imager (sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager) to Format Sd-Card and write "GIBROID-4G-11012014.img".

This image is 4g space. You can use max 32g Sd-Card, but since this operation use all the space of the Sd card you are invited to expand the rest of the Sd-card space for User space

- Use MiniTool® Partition Wizard Home Edition 8.1.1 (partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html) to expand the Sd-Card space.

- Place your GIBROID Sd-card inside the GPS Slot and keep safely your original Sd-Card.

Screenshots to Switch from Apollo to Caravn :
See (Screenshots) Switch from Apollo to Caravn.rar Attachments

Backup/Write Nand for "experts" :

Dump to the Sd-Card
- Download the script a10-Backup-SH (See Attachments). Copy it in the root of the SD card
- Install SU and Android Terminal Emulator with Play Store
- Run the terminal and see the operating system prompt a dollar sign ($)
- Type su and press Enter
- Type cd/mnt/extsd
- Type sh a10-backup.sh all

Restore Dump
See "Restore Dump" attachments

Compatibility List :
Klyde KD-7200d
Erisin
N708
Post your models

Hints :
Not related to GIBROID, this sort of car audio have a Hidden Menu in WinCE6 Part.

Hidden Menu :
- Go to settings
- Press 1357 with the remote controller
- Tadaaa !

Credits and Thanks all goes to Serg090909 and all the peoples involved in explanations, informations and helps.
There's somebody who still has the download link for this? I need it.
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all

I want to present you the work done by Serg090909 on the 2 Din Chinese Car audio system many people begin to use.

This sort of Car audio use WinCe 6.0 for Radio/TV/BT and the Android part for GPS and everything android can handle.

I only found information about modification in russian language by this famous guy i want to thanks gratefuly : Serg090909.

He made possible to boot from Sd-Card new builds (apollo tvbox and caravn776 build) for this sort of car audio and called it "GIBROID".

With this way, you don't touch at the Nands and don't damage your system.
    Insert back your original Sd-Card to boot normally, nothing is replaced in the nands when you switch to your GIBROID Sd-Card

Work has been done to backup your nand and write nand again, but for end users GIBROID from Sd-Card is a better thing and the easiest way to do.

You can find the link here :

New Serg090909 2014 Build at 26 november 2014 :

Part 1 of 4
    Part 2 of 4
    Part 3 of 4
    Part 4 of 4

New Update at 3 december 2014 :

Caravn 4.0.4-776 500mb No bluetooth
    Caravn 4.0.4-776 500mb With bluetooth

GIBROID 11 January 2014 Old Build

Part 1 of 3
    Part 2 of 3
    Part 3 of 3

GIBROID 01 November 2013 Old build

Part 1 of 8
    Part 2 of 8
    Part 3 of 8
    Part 4 of 8
    Part 5 of 8
    Part 6 of 8
    Part 7 of 8
    Part 8 of 8

Video of GIBROID switching apollo tvbox to caravn776 build
    UPLOADING, link available later today

Other needed files

A10 Backup sh
    A10 Repack
    Restore Backup
    Adb Rom Backup A10 A13
    Extract Dump from native firmware
    PhoenixSuit
    Switch Apollo Caravan

I 'll post pictures and updates to this thread and if anybody is interested in helping me reporting in English the continuous work of Serg090909 you are welcome to participate and report results here.

Thank you and have happy tests.

To readers : Respect the rules of XDA Forums and don't link to warez sites where you could found information about this
    To moderators : Could it be possible to give me the right to post hyperlink or if not possible i'll wait 10 posts ;)
    To Serg090909 : I don't speak russian and Google translations are not easy so if you want to help here you'll be my guest star ;)

HOW TO :

Install GIBROID on Sd-Card :

- Use Win32 Disk Imager (sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager) to Format Sd-Card and write "GIBROID-4G-11012014.img".

This image is 4g space. You can use max 32g Sd-Card, but since this operation use all the space of the Sd card you are invited to expand the rest of the Sd-card space for User space

- Use MiniTool® Partition Wizard Home Edition 8.1.1 (partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html) to expand the Sd-Card space.

- Place your GIBROID Sd-card inside the GPS Slot and keep safely your original Sd-Card.

Screenshots to Switch from Apollo to Caravn :
    See (Screenshots) Switch from Apollo to Caravn.rar Attachments

Backup/Write Nand for "experts" :

Dump to the Sd-Card
    - Download the script a10-Backup-SH (See Attachments). Copy it in the root of the SD card
    - Install SU and Android Terminal Emulator with Play Store
    - Run the terminal and see the operating system prompt a dollar sign ($)
    - Type su and press Enter
    - Type cd/mnt/extsd
    - Type sh a10-backup.sh all

Restore Dump
    See "Restore Dump" attachments

Compatibility List :
    Klyde KD-7200d
    Erisin
    N708
    Post your models

Hints :
    Not related to GIBROID, this sort of car audio have a Hidden Menu in WinCE6 Part.

Hidden Menu :
    - Go to settings
    - Press 1357 with the remote controller
    - Tadaaa !

Credits and Thanks all goes to Serg090909 and all the peoples involved in explanations, informations and helps.
    my n708 stock in android sometimes its turnig on some times its stuck in logo android some one to help me regards... to fix the problem

Hi Virusen18

The big problem on this units is that the android system is not well shutdown when you power off the device. This causes that the internal android memory is becoming corrupted and finally the android get stuck on his boot.

On this thread, Serg created a wonderful compilation to work on a SD card to run the android out of the internal memory of the device. In my personal view and experience this compilation made that my device born again and it's safe its operation.

You can read back the thread and if you have any problem you can ask for help here again.

Cheers
    Help Please - unbranded N708 car radio

I think that this thread is dead. I hope I`m wrong, since is the only one that deals with firmware for the device I have.

I tried to connect my laptop to the head unit and flash the firmware to nand but i failed.
    What I did:
    1) power off unit
    2) connect laptop to USB OTG where the wifi dongle is, using a male-male usb cable.
    3) power on unit holding menu and volume knob pressed.
    4) screen goes black and stays there.
    5) computer detects nothing.

Possible causes:
    My android system is beyond repair ( I don't think this could be the problem, since it boots perfectly with gibroid on SD card)
    too many extensions for usb cable. 1from the back of the unit to the dashboard and then the "male-male" usb cable...
    Many many other of which I have absolutely no Idea.

In addition to this, livesuit tells me that gibroid image is not valid.

Any ideas?

Cabezalimon can you help me?

I tried to install the GIBROID image in a microsd card according to the procedure (at least as far as I can understand them). I downloaded the image, formatted the sd card with SDFormatter and installed it with diskimager and then checked it with MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition.

Everything seems to me to be Ok, the problem is that when i put it in the GPS slot of the device and turn it on, all I see is a black screen blinking...

Do you think you can help me.

The specs of my stereo are:

Android
    Baseband version - 1.4
    Kernel 3.08+
    ccfrom@unbutu #491
    Build version - caravn_4.0.4_776_RGB_20130801

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
    Norvati
    so if i put serges rom on a minisd and put it in the GPS slot, it may try to work for me? If it doesnt, its not actually overwriting anything internal, is that correct? so to recover all i need to do is put the origional gps sd back in and reboot?

It won't overwrite anything, so you could certainly try.
    Hi guys, I'm having some problems that I hope some of you knowledgeable people may be able to help out with. I bought this Klyde KD-6952 Android/Win CE car DVD (N708) last year and it worked fine for a bit, then the Android side crashed, now I get a boot loop error and when the Android OS comes up it says “the process.com.android.phone has stopped”, and when I click anywhere on the screen it goes back into the boot loop and error again. I tried hard resetting and same thing. So I looked into Gibroid here and I was really excited to try it.

I took a 16gb Sandsik SD card and popped it in my Windows & PC. Windows told me to format so I did.

I downloaded the December update img. file with bluetooth (was thinking I’d try the no bt tonight) and also downloaded Win32DiskImager (WD32DI). I attempted to write the .img to the corresponding drive E: in W32DI, it was the only allowable drive that W32DI would let me write it to… it took some time, showed a progress screen, eventually said write successful! I was optimistic at that point.

The SD card still showed up on my PC as empty, and I also downloaded MiniPartitionTool (MPT) and it said it was empty, no partitions, no contents, nothing... So I didn’t do anything here, I was dumfounded, but I took the card and inserted it into my car’s SD slot anyway to see what would happen. It ran a longgg time in the green Android screen, then the same black and silver Android screen I would typically see, then the same error – nothing had changed at all :(

What am I doing wrong? I have access to a 32 and 16gb SD cards and I really would like to partition the drive for added disk space, but I am an extreme novice-non tech person who would need a patient person to describe in detail what I need to do and not to overwhelm me at the same time. I just want a working Android side to this radio again, ideally with more disk space, I am literally ready to rip the whole unit out and just buy a new one, sadly, that’s how difficult and frustrating this is for me.

Here’s my Radio here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gysdq9Lry2M

Here’s the 1st screen I get: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mqqigx&s=8

Here’s the 2nd screen I get: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fm2o3c&s=8

Here’s the 3rd screen I get http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1jti7c&s=8

Any help would be appreciated, anything at all… I’d call Russia if it’d mean I could get it working lol… I’d call anywhere, I’ve read these boards over and over and over and over and I am still getting nowhere :/

Thank you.

Hi MeImmortal1
    There is a program called PhoenixCard, it is used too to save images to a SD. Also it has a "normal format" button. Try to format the SD card again, and repeat the process to write the image file to the SD card. When you can see the partitions on your SD card with mini partition tool then you can bring your SD to your device.

Cheers!