[Q] Cannot move widgets/shortcuts on desktop and updating ARHD

Search This thread

gorek2711

Oct 1, 2013
Hello!

A while ago I installed the Android Revolution HD 40.3 rom on my HTC One international version.
I really like this rom, but lately it's been acting a wee bit strange since it doesn't let me move/delete widgets when I have the Sense Toolbox 2.7.1 module activated.

I also noticed ARHD 52.0 is out, and I really want to upgrade, but I'm afraid I'll lose my apps and the like. For instance I have SwiftKey installed, and I really like that it keeps track of my typing statistics (words written etc.), but this is not saved in the cloud for it.

I read in their thread that I can install it without wiping the data partition (though it is recommended to do so), but I need assurance. I'm really out of practice when it comes to phone-related stuff.

TL;DR: I want to update Android Revoltuon HD 40.3 to 52.0, but I don't want to lose everything I have. Any thorough (and beginner-friendly) back-up and installation guides out there?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this, but I couldn't post in the rom's thread and cannot figure out how I get access to do so.

Last edited:

gorek2711

Oct 1, 2013
I took a dive yesterday and just installed 52.0 over 40.3 without wiping anything. Everything seems to be working just the way it used to.

My problem with the start screen persists, however. When I go to "Settings > Personalize > Customize home screen" I get a warning saying "Please unlock launcher first!". I don't know if this is an option I accidentally activated in Sense toolbox, or what? If so I need help finding it, because I've looked and looked.