RUU_Kaiser_DOPODASIA_WWE_3.29.707.0_radio_sign_25. 83.40.02_1.65.16.25_Ship [HTC ASIA

Search This thread

Squuiid

Feb 11, 2004
after trying many of the latest dumped/modified/official ROMs posted on the forum, i dare say this one is by far the most stable and fastest. no freezes whatever so ever.

I agree, am liking this a lot. Not a single issue so far.
Better than the European HTC official WWE, I don't get the screen corruption when sending a txt in landscape and then switching back to portrait that I got in that ROM.

Sticking with this until NoThrills releases his new ROM.

cmlow0

Dec 11, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Thanx for the sharing. I just downloaded and did a back up of my data and was thinking of flashing it. Guess i won't be doing that then :) Which ROM & Radio are you using? Care to share?

sure :)
1.65.16.25 and 25.83.40.02 that come with it. You can try out yourself just make sure you did the backup as usual ;) I am using PIMBackup.

p/s I didn't update the new HARDSPL thou, perhaps you can give it a try.

Good luck.

singwei

Nov 27, 2007
I just flashed to this ROM. So far so good. quick stable, no screen freeze. I never did any hardSPL, all original from factory.

cmloo

Dec 8, 2006
I used SPL 3.9 on this ROM. So far its smooth and stable. No screen freeze and Program memory on boot up is 56MB w/o tweaking. Batt life is moderate.. 11 hrs usage on moderate calls = 43% Batt life remaining

2 observation:
1) Camera is slow in capturing
2) After 11 hours of usage...No sound from phone

Coming back to SPL... has anyone who has never done a HardSPL before (stock upgrade) tell me what is the actual SPL on this ROM?

this comes with spl 3.29 i believe but if you have hard spl it won't change the spl. you will have to go about doing that manually. Or you could just install the new 3.28 Hard spl that Jockey recently released.

palmmanpalm

Jan 30, 2008
Flashed to this using HardSPL3.8 (3.9 was not yet available during that time, and I was trying the european WWE ROM) and all seems good. I just had some problems during the first hour when installing back applications. I experienced a reset loop that I think was being caused by Phone Alarms. This was one of the first applications I installed and my Kaiser would reset on its own when loading up my today screen. Fortunately I had SPB Pocket Plus and safe mode was enabled. I reinstalled Phone Alarms and all went well after that.

I'm still thinking of flashing to HardSPL3.9 as I have read somewhere in this forum that this ROM uses SPL3.9.

cmloo

Dec 8, 2006
Problem went away right after I resetted. So far the problem never came back. Guess it must be something to do with my BT headset and/or "finger touch" volume change.

Conclusion to this ROM.
1)Stable and No freezes
2) GPS Fix is real bad about 5 min (all the time)
3)Batt life is not really good compared to other chefs ROM
4) Camera focuses too long.

Bet 2) - 4) is related to Radio in this region

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
so whats the conclusion, is it worth upgrading from version 6 to this 6.1, and not using mod rom.

thanks

kms

mkford

Jan 7, 2005
Hanoi
Just back to HTC WM 6.1 WWE - I think its the best official ROM until now..!
With the ASIA ROM: Searching for GPS signal so long.... Camera focus not good...!

geekbrains

Jul 10, 2007
Singapore
I'm still having a tough time with this ROM

- Picking up a call through BT in first ring hangs the phone application (CProg.exe not responding) whereas if you leave the phone to ring for a few times and pick up the call, it works just fine (Could be due to the BT profile).
- Touch screen doesn't respond most of the times whereas the hardware keys are functioning
- Messaging application is too slow when the conversation is a little big [Caveats of threaded messaging :(]
- I Keep losing my operator's signal no matter whether the band's chosen on 3G or 2G. And when it happens, the phone application hangs
- HTC Home Plugin is too slow when making calls from the Favorite People (This could be related to the phone application hanging and again can be related to the poor signal reception)

Final Note: I see no big improvement over the WM6.0 ROM which seemed to be at least stable for my day to day operations. I'm reverting to WM6.0 tonight.

rajmagi

May 2, 2008
Jakarta
I'm still having a tough time with this ROM

- Picking up a call through BT in first ring hangs the phone application (CProg.exe not responding) whereas if you leave the phone to ring for a few times and pick up the call, it works just fine (Could be due to the BT profile).
- Touch screen doesn't respond most of the times whereas the hardware keys are functioning
- Messaging application is too slow when the conversation is a little big [Caveats of threaded messaging :(]
- I Keep losing my operator's signal no matter whether the band's chosen on 3G or 2G. And when it happens, the phone application hangs
- HTC Home Plugin is too slow when making calls from the Favorite People (This could be related to the phone application hanging and again can be related to the poor signal reception)

Final Note: I see no big improvement over the WM6.0 ROM which seemed to be at least stable for my day to day operations. I'm reverting to WM6.0 tonight.

did you unlocked first?
if u did, use HardSPL v3.28 or v3.29 by JockyW
it solve most of the problem caused by WM6.1

dethangel

Nov 22, 2007
New to this forum and still reading up alot on the flashing portion of the phone.

Anyone using the Asia version?

I'm currently facing a whole host of problems:

1. Launching SIM Manager and editting a contact on the SIM card results in a crash involving device.exe :confused:... after which it brings you back to the contact you're editting, but it gets hung after that.

2. 3G video calls (was doing a general check on what's work and what's not) can't seem to take place though 3G signal was present and reception is full.

Have already reflashed and did a couple of hard resets - to no avail.

Looking to 3rd party firmware but having doubts bout flashing :(

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I posted more on HTC ROM thread, but it is visible in my siganture also.

HTC replied last Wednesday that they are still testing WM6.1 ???:confused: ???

what is the differnces from this, the wwe version and SEA version.

I have also contacted the HTC hong kong for the official rom to be posted on their site, still waitng for reply, usually it's normally for them to have you to take the phone to the service center and have them upgraded instead of you doing it yourselves.

kms

ceevee369

Jan 30, 2007
Residing in Manila
what is the differnces from this, the wwe version and SEA version.

There must be at least 5 different "official" release versions from HTC depending on the Imei nr which identifies the 72XX chipset used.
Some were leaked as WWE though they might not be optimal for the device some of us have. That HTC still not released a WM6.1 for some devices (to be soft flashed after downloading from the E-club site still gives hope on a better / stable bug free ROM.?

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
thans for the reply, most of these roms on the forum has bugs, so i'll wait for for their reply, I'm still happy with the 6.0 version, just want to upgrade to a newer version.

kms

rajmagi

May 2, 2008
Jakarta
Dude, mine was on official WM6.0 ROM and it was updated to the official WM6.1 again. There's no need to do hard SPL IMHO.

Dude, mine was on official WM6.0 ROM using pof's HardSPL 1.0 when it was updated to the official WM6.1. That caused havoc. I change it to new hardSPL to REDUCE the issue. Still the problem DOES exist anyway but not as bad as before. Should I say using new HardSPL reduce 90% of the problem. like: freeze never again locked the phone tap, etc.

Got it?? Bu if you use official, including original SPL, then.... dunno.. :D

Last edited: