2,432 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By kingklick, Account currently disabled on 30th December 2009, 12:40 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
13th February 2010, 06:59 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Help installing ROM
Hey there, every time I visit the main ROM matrix and compare all the features I decide I like your ROM the best ... however I have never been able to install it on my G1. I have tried several different versions over time, today your latest v1.3.
I have G1, Dream 32B, with 26I radio. I have been using Cyanogen ROM's with no problems, but every time I try to install one of yours I get an error
E:Can't chown /mod/system/xbin/busybox ( no such file or directory )
E:Failure at line 22 set_perm 0 0 04755 System:/xbin/busybox
Installation Aborted

I am sure this is something simple, like an initial requirement I am missing, but I have been searching for a while and can not find a decent instruction guide for your ROM's anywhere.
Could you please help point me in the right direction ?
I would be happy to donate if I could ever get it working ... ha ha.
BTW - congrats on your recent purchase of Nexus, I am looking at getting one once they come out with keyboard version.
** I found solution **
Apparently I did not have the Danger SPL. Simple download and install.

17th February 2010, 05:20 AM |#1002  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
no updats? :\
18th February 2010, 03:47 AM |#1003  
Flag Florida

Donate to Me
More
if i install the updated kernel from your eclair rom onto this 2.1 rom will it run with the new kernel?
18th February 2010, 04:02 AM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Requirements
I know there are several places where there is info on this new ROM, but I was hoping for a good list of 'requirements' before trying to run it.
For example, how do partitions need to be set up for this rom ?
I have tried running it several times, and finally got it to boot all the way and it was really slow with constant fc's ... I am thinking I may need to change something in partitions.
I love the way this rom looks, and the features are great ... so I am really hoping to get this going on my original G1.
18th February 2010, 04:02 AM |#1005  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by death1246

no updats? :\

yeah, i've already tried this rom twice and loved it but it still has a couple hickups here and there... once this rom gets to super D status it'll be my everyday rom for sure.
18th February 2010, 05:22 AM |#1006  
Flag Florida

Donate to Me
More
Im going to try and flash kings latest kernel into this one and see if it works and if it does check the performance :S
18th February 2010, 06:24 AM |#1007  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Question question
which xpresso rom is better, this one or eugenes xpresso??
18th February 2010, 05:08 PM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I tried this out on my MyTouch without partitioning my sd card to Partition Layout: Fat32--Ext 1/2/3/4--Linux-swap. It was really slow, and FC a lot. Is it necessary to have Ext 1/2/3/4 even if you don't use A2SD? Will try with correct partitioning again to see if it's any better.
18th February 2010, 06:43 PM |#1009  
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 381

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cu2cool

I tried this out on my MyTouch without partitioning my sd card to Partition Layout: Fat32--Ext 1/2/3/4--Linux-swap. It was really slow, and FC a lot. Is it necessary to have Ext 1/2/3/4 even if you don't use A2SD? Will try with correct partitioning again to see if it's any better.

Yea, Partition the memory card with a EXT 2 or 3 but that only fixes the speed... the FC's will still happen ALOT! I don't reccomend this rom for everyday use
18th February 2010, 11:56 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
OK, formated my SD to 512MB EXT 3, 96MB Swap, and reflashed. It loaded much quicker than before. Still a few FC here and there. I really like the way it looks, but unfortunately a lot of things did not function properly. The Favs widget would not load my contacts, the camera freezes after capturing, the overall performance was still too slow compared to the stock OS. Also I couldn't get it to mount the SD when plugged to my usb.

Will give this another try when the next update comes out.
19th February 2010, 08:01 AM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Speed
Not positive if there is a set swap amount but before i flashed this i made my swap partition EXTREMELY large in hopes it would keep from slowing down...i was wrong. I will say though that the 2-3 days of use it has probably been the fastest ROM with sense that ive used. How the hell can i keep the speed up? also i am aware on reignzones tricks for device maintence and yes i use it
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread