Very flaky and unreliable wifi connection on my Z2 !!

Search This thread

s_superman

Jan 20, 2011
Cairo
www.google.com
I've owned the Xperia Z2 for almost ten days now, and I've never managed to hold a wifi connection for more that two minutes, after that wifi stays connected normally but no internet connection !!
the only solution is to reboot and the wifi will work again for a minute or two and then does it all over again !!
I've tried all possible solutions like soft-reset and switching off my wifi and even re-installing the firmware for Sony PC companion and nothing !!

is anyone else having the same issues??

Aarseth

Jan 20, 2013
I've owned the Xperia Z2 for almost ten days now, and I've never managed to hold a wifi connection for more that two minutes, after that wifi stays connected normally but no internet connection !!
the only solution is to reboot and the wifi will work again for a minute or two and then does it all over again !!
I've tried all possible solutions like soft-reset and switching off my wifi and even re-installing the firmware for Sony PC companion and nothing !!

is anyone else having the same issues??

I am :\

Bought the phone yesterday. Already used it a lot and loving it. But this morning I'm at home and I see WiFi issues. Sometimes the internet just doesn't work anymore (although I'm still conected and my other devices work fine). And I also got stuck to "obtaining IP address..."

I really hope it's not a hardware fault and that an update is coming (I did all the Sony updates yesterday). But you say it's been 10 days it is that way ??

On an unrelated note, each time I boot it, an alert tells me to put the caches back on to remain waterproof. Does that mean it detect the caches are removed ?because they aren't!

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
No issues with wifi here, as for the make sure flaps are closed message that will appear every time you reboot the phone, just tick don't show this again & it will stop appearing. It's just a general warning to make sure the flaps are closed.

s_superman

Jan 20, 2011
Cairo
www.google.com
The weird thing is that I have both.my HTC and nexus in the same room connected to.the same wifi access point and they are working properly.... This is very bad :(

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

kotton666

Jul 4, 2010
My wifi is **** as well. It makes streaming video and music impossible as it keeps dropping out. Is there a fix for rooted devices?

s_superman

Jan 20, 2011
Cairo
www.google.com
this is really getting very annoying !!
I've finished my one month mobile data package in just twelve days because of this !!
I'm starting to regret switching from reliable HTC phones to Sony :(
what the hell is causing this !

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
Check in wifi settings & tap the 3 button menu then tap advanced & make sure Avoid Poor Connections is unticked, I also always set the keep wifi on during sleep to always & never have any issues.

Aarseth

Jan 20, 2013
If that can help, I think the issue is gone with my z2. What I did : backed up my whole phone using the Sony app, factory reset the phone and restore the backup (strangely, some apps weren't restored so if you can use titanium, it may be better). I also did what BanziBaby just said. No problem until now, crossing the fingers

Envoyé de mon D6503 en utilisant Tapatalk

abd_alazeez2002

Sep 8, 2010
Or fine with me.
Try playing with the ip like use a static ip.