[NIGHTLY/KERNEL][USER] UNOFFICIAL CM9 + 3.0.x Kernel for K-Fire [3.0.31+ 06-28]

Search This thread

abarax

Jan 5, 2012
Would anyone having problems with Play Store apps like to try a little experiment? I'm running Hashcode's current full rom/kernel and I don't seem to be having this issue. Prior to this, I was running gederom 5/7 and even though gapps are included with this rom, I still flashed 0429 gapps.

When I flashed Hashcode's rom today, I just wiped cache/dalvik, installed the rom and all was good. So, how about just repeating what I did to see if that works. Flash gederom, flash gapps, see if you have proper Play Store apps access. If you do, just wipe cache/dalvik and reflash Hashcode's 5/10 full rom.

I realize this not scientific but it is a way of troubleshooting. Maybe gederom leaves something from its install, especially since I'm only wiping cache & dalvik. I've seen something like this before with CM9 on the Touchpad and even the Nook Color. Worth a try....nothing to lose, maybe something to gain.

Btw, I already had Chrome installed but I just uninstalled it and was able to reinstall again from Play Store with no problem. I did make a nandroid beforehand just in case. :D Also, I'm sure most of you know that changing DPI from 160 will cause Play Store issues, especially with Chrome.

EDIT: I'm just thinking of things that came up with CM9 on the TP & NC regarding Play Store. Check and make sure your date is correct in settings-date & time, sometimes a rom install will knock it out of whack.

Mike T

Tried it, and when I pulled up the Play Store in gedeROM, the apps which had given the option to either install, open, or uninstall were now showing as incompatible. So I tried to flash the 5/10 Hashcode ROM along with gapps, and those apps (Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Chase, etc.) were still showing as incompatible, and missing if you ran a search. One of my friends on here who had flashed the 5/10 ROM and restored his apps and data with Titanium Backup decided to look for Facebook in the Play Market, and it was showing as incompatible.

Modifying the build.prop file to match the Galaxy Nexus was unsuccessful. Same issue. I tried wiping the sdcard and flashing Hashcode's 4/28 ROM (which he has removed from xda for some reason) along with the 4/29 gapps package, and everything was in the Play Market. When I did another sdcard wipe, and installed the 5/10 ROM with the 4/29 gapps package, the apps were gone. I tried again to modify the build.prop file, but no luck.

So the conclusion is that something changed between the 4/28 and 5/10 Hashcode ROMs. It's not the build.prop file, but something possibly in the device tree that may have been changed, and is confusing the Play Market as to what sort of device it's attempting to recognize.

embhorn

Apr 28, 2012
I flashed over AOKP, wiped caches and rebooted. Play store was not installed, so I just went to goo.im and found the latest version (as described in the dev thread for 3.0 Kernel).

Everything appears to be working as expected. I'm still looking for a volume widget. Also I miss the Trebuchet launcher from AOKP.

(Just saw that Lithium76 built a newer ROM with Hashc0de's latest kernel... Hmmm.)

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Tried it, and when I pulled up the Play Store in gedeROM, the apps which had given the option to either install, open, or uninstall were now showing as incompatible. So I tried to flash the 5/10 Hashcode ROM along with gapps, and those apps (Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Chase, etc.) were still showing as incompatible, and missing if you ran a search. One of my friends on here who had flashed the 5/10 ROM and restored his apps and data with Titanium Backup decided to look for Facebook in the Play Market, and it was showing as incompatible.

Modifying the build.prop file to match the Galaxy Nexus was unsuccessful. Same issue. I tried wiping the sdcard and flashing Hashcode's 4/28 ROM (which he has removed from xda for some reason) along with the 4/29 gapps package, and everything was in the Play Market. When I did another sdcard wipe, and installed the 5/10 ROM with the 4/29 gapps package, the apps were gone. I tried again to modify the build.prop file, but no luck.

So the conclusion is that something changed between the 4/28 and 5/10 Hashcode ROMs. It's not the build.prop file, but something possibly in the device tree that may have been changed, and is confusing the Play Market as to what sort of device it's attempting to recognize.

Really weird, man. Especially that when you went back to gederom it still wouldn't work, since I don't think that gederom's 5/7 release had all the same Hashcode commits of 5/10??? I wish I could help but I'm out of ideas at this time. Another member suggested using the "nullifier" app in one of Hellfire's threads here in the dev forum, which will do a thorough cleanup.

Anyway, hope you get it solved.

Mike T

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
After checking differences in the build.prop between 4/28 ROM and the 5/10 ROM this was pointed out:

ro.build.display.id=IMM76D
VS.
ro.build.display.id=cm_otter-userdebug 4.0.4 IMM76I eng.hashcode.20120510.014002 test-keys

Would someone with a Market App download issue do the following to see if this change fixes it:
- change the build.prop setting to: ro.build.display.id=IMM76I
- in Settings -> Apps, change to "ALL" tab and select "Google Play Store". Then click the "Clear data" button
- Reboot the device
- Check market for apps that were previously market incompatible.

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I just noticed I'm getting that audio shutoff glitch, and it's really random. It's happened in X-Men and Caustic, if that matters at all. I'm sure there will be more. I remember others mentioning this, but couldn't find the posts. I just flashed Hashcode's new ROM over gedemis' previous build just wiping dalvik and cache, but everything else looks like its running smooth as can be. Just throwing that out there.

When you say audio shutoff bug.. as in the audio goes away till you reboot? or is it temporary? How long does it last?

If it happens again to you, can you grab a logcat via: adb logcat > logcat.txt
And also get dmesg output by doing: adb shell "cat /proc/kmsg" > kmsg.txt

Normally I don't want people to post those logs in a public forum in case there's sensative information in them, so you can use my email if you want: hashcode0f at gmail.com

abarax

Jan 5, 2012
After checking differences in the build.prop between 4/28 ROM and the 5/10 ROM this was pointed out:

ro.build.display.id=IMM76D
VS.
ro.build.display.id=cm_otter-userdebug 4.0.4 IMM76I eng.hashcode.20120510.014002 test-keys

Would someone with a Market App download issue do the following to see if this change fixes it:
- change the build.prop setting to: ro.build.display.id=IMM76I
- in Settings -> Apps, change to "ALL" tab and select "Google Play Store". Then click the "Clear data" button
- Reboot the device
- Check market for apps that were previously market incompatible.

I tried it, and no change. I've tried all of the build.prop files from all of the current ICS builds running the 3.0 kernel, and no luck. That's why I'm wondering if something deeper in the 5/10 ROM is causing the issue.

sthomas38

Feb 9, 2012
When you say audio shutoff bug.. as in the audio goes away till you reboot? or is it temporary? How long does it last?

If it happens again to you, can you grab a logcat via: adb logcat > logcat.txt
And also get dmesg output by doing: adb shell "cat /proc/kmsg" > kmsg.txt

Normally I don't want people to post those logs in a public forum in case there's sensative information in them, so you can use my email if you want: hashcode0f at gmail.com

Hey Hash :),

Expecting the same bug on SOME games like Cut the Rope, Mega Jump... but for example never on Death Rally ;). The sound stops randomly and comes back as soon as you quit the game, no need for a reboot. I can't remember if the sound used to come back IG after stoping. I will try to catch all the logs needed for tomorrow :).

EDIT: Got them, I'm sending you a PM :).

Last edited:

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
I tried it, and no change. I've tried all of the build.prop files from all of the current ICS builds running the 3.0 kernel, and no luck. That's why I'm wondering if something deeper in the 5/10 ROM is causing the issue.

Take a look at this link: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ok-color-your-device-not-compatible-item.html

Check out the reply in post# 2 by one of the mods for this forum. He's of the belief that the problem is on Google's end. He mentions two things in particular that may be of value.

1. signing out of your Google account and signing in. See his post.

2. Clearing data in Google Services framework, as well as Play Store.

Trying to help, so I hope this does the trick. Unfortunately, there was no response from the OP as to whether her/his issue was solved.

Mike T

Last edited:

abarax

Jan 5, 2012
Take a look at this link: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ok-color-your-device-not-compatible-item.html

Check out the reply in post# 2 by one of the mods for this forum. He's of the belief that the problem is on Google's end. He mentions two things in particular that may be of value.

1. signing out of your Google account and signing in. See his post.

2. Clearing data in Google Services framework, as well as Play Store.

Trying to help, so I hope this does the trick. Unfortunately, there was no response from the OP as to whether her/his issue was solved.

Mike T

Just tried that, and same problem. I'm just glad I backed all my apps in Titanium. I just can't update anything until this gets resolved.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
New Google Play Store 3.5.19 available, maybe it'll have some magic for those with device not compatible issues.

Mike T

veeman

Apr 7, 2012
Minnesota
Battery drain on this is crazy! This morning before I went to school, it was at 72%. 7 hours later, after school, it was at 40%. That was while it was asleep. D:

abarax

Jan 5, 2012
New Google Play Store 3.5.19 available, maybe it'll have some magic for those with device not compatible issues.

Mike T

Unfortunately, no change. Since Hashcode's 4/28 build and the Play Store were "playing well together (pun intended)," and that modifying the build.prop file hasn't worked, I'm convinced something else is afoot within the build itself.

Apr 20, 2012
Play Store Issues

For what it's worth, I've been using Hash's ROM since Kernel #4. Flashed ROM to #9 yesterday and no problem downloading apps directly from the KF or sending them to my KF from the play website.

kitsunisan

Jan 2, 2009
Has everyone with the market issue started clean? Full data/cache/dalvik wipe? And just to try to find some commonality, which rom are those with issues coming from?

rstanaford

Feb 26, 2012
I did, yes. Full wipe, save for SD Card, of course. Apps that failed to automatically re-install and have since shown as "incompatible" include...

Twitter
Facebook
Weatherbug

Aside from that, awesome work Hash.

DeerSteak

Jul 25, 2011
I'm upgrading from CM7 - how long should the first boot take? I made a backup and then wiped system, cache, data, and dalvik. Flashed just the ROM, no other ZIPs. It's been on the CM9 boot animation for like 10 minutes now.

DeerSteak

Jul 25, 2011
Oh. That explains it. I have CWM installed. I was able to restore my backup.

So another question then - how can I get TWRP installed without a USB cable? Is that possible?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW KERNEL IS CHARGING. OS DOESN'T SHOW THE CHARGING ICON.
    Make sure when you plug in to check the Settings -> Battery screen and see "Charging"

06-28: KERNEL.ZIP #13 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): REMOVED TEMP
    (Recompiling w/o Linaro for compatibility)
    md5sum: a16c281fa3dbe0962c6dc2c03e6df5bc
    Full ROM: http://bit.ly/NaD2vW
    md5sum: d9dfe6f5f97eadbeaecc86d0314cb80e
    - Mainline Linux 3.0.31 updates
    - TI kernel 3.0.21 branch updates
    - [ROM-Only] Now w/ "OtterParts where the touchscreen filter setting can be set (0 as default, but 30 is very usable) -- (Scott Brady)
    - Built using Linaro toolchain
    - Added KRAIT optimizations (not sure how effective yet) (twa_priv)

NOTE: I haven't adjusted the nightly server to use the 3.0.31 kernel OR Linaro yet. This is the only ROM link I've built with it in it.

[06-27-2012] UNOFFICIAL NIGHTLY SERVER IS RUNNING:
    DOWNLOAD HERE
    GApps: http://goo.im/gapps (4/29 is the latest in the CM9 row)
    These builds are using a stock framework which includes the volume slider mod. It's kept up-to-date by twa_priv.

STEPS FOR UPDATING:
    1. Download .zip file from the nightly server and place on your device
    2. Reboot into recovery and apply .zip
    3. If coming from any ROM which is not CM9 please wipe data/cache/Dalvik Cache
    4. Reboot and enjoy

LATEST CHANGES:
    [06-26-2012] Added sbradymobile's touch filter patch + OtterParts for controlling the filter level (30 recommended, default as 0 for now) (under Settings -> Advanced) [THANKS!]

SOLO KERNEL NOTES:

06-08: KERNEL.ZIP #12 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): http://bit.ly/KPbDVm
    md5sum: e7476ff785b2dfbdb062e1cc036c14ac
    - Touchscreen driver changes (event optimization, ICS friendly)
    - Updated the WLAN driver to R5.00.18 (up from R5.00.5)
    - Cleaned up the charger code some more (part of on-going charger work)
    - Added more support for PPTP and L2TP connections
    - [NEW 06/08] Added CCMP support used in 802.11i for EAPOL/WPA2/IPSEC connections using 4-way handshakes (Will fix some users who can't connect to wifi at certain locations)

TROUBLESHOOTING FOR USB not being recognized in Windows 7 (while the Kindle is *NOT* plugged into computer):
    - Open Device Manager
    - Right-click your computer name and select "Show Hidden Devices"
    - The top device group should be: Android device(or phone): under it "Android ADB Composite device"
    - Right-click on that and select uninstall
    - Now plug the Kindle back into the computer and let driver re-install

IF FOR SOME REASON WIFI DOESN'T WORK ON THE FIRST BOOTUP DO THE FOLLOWING:
    Enter Terminal Emulator
    Type: su
    Type: fix-mac.sh
    Exit Terminal Emulator
    Reboot

THIS ROM SHOWS OFF HOW WELL ICS CAN RUN ON THE KINDLE FIRE.
    ** READY FOR DAILY USE **

If I had just installed this ROM and I wanted to see something that might not work in the stock-kernel based ICS ROM, then I'd try the following:
    - Install "Chrome Beta" from the market and test it out.
    - Audio is more stable.
    - Launcher is smoother due to full PVR graphic support
    - Try YouTube!

For user support, look to this thread! Please keep discussion here as to what works and what doesn't, etc.
    06-08: KERNEL.ZIP #12 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): http://bit.ly/KPbDVm
    md5sum: e7476ff785b2dfbdb062e1cc036c14ac
    - Touchscreen driver changes (event optimization, ICS friendly)
    - Updated the WLAN driver to R5.00.18 (up from R5.00.5)
    - Cleaned up the charger code some more (part of on-going charger work)
    - Added more support for PPTP and L2TP connections
    - [NEW 06/08] Added CCMP support used in 802.11i for EAPOL/WPA2/IPSEC connections using 4-way handshakes (Will fix some users who can't connect to wifi at certain locations)
    I think we can safely agree that the charger driver has issues and it's being worked on. And that each user should ensure that their device charges correctly without the aid of seeing the charging icon in the status bar.

The details are really irrelevant.

ONCE AGAIN KEEP IT CIVIL. WHICH MEANS: don't accuse each other of lying, call each other names, or use otherwise inflammatory remarks.

While rude and insensitive, its also mucking up my thread which is supposed to be a useful resource.

I say this as someone who religiously pages through almost every thread in this area and often could respond badly to poorly worded kernel demands, etc. It doesn't take much to turn a well intentioned post into something worse. And sometimes its due to language barriers or other issues which are beyond control.

A thick skin is almost a requirement in any public forum setting.

/rant

On a side note the new driver is working with the OS: I get a charging icon when plugging in. Now on to removing the extra battery device, fixing suspend and a pleathora of mode switch issues.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
    TEST BUILD #3 IS READY HERE: http://bit.ly/IShcSq

There are 2 changes for this build:
    - HW Codecs are now working.
    - Kernel included in this build is running "silicon type performance" mode. Meaning it's a stock overclock to 1.2 Ghz. Please test this as well.

If you have ANY issues with the 1.2 Ghz speed and want to step back down to 1.0 Ghz do the following:
    - Enter "Settings"
    - Choose "Performance" (at the bottom)
    - Click "Ok"
    - Select "Processor" (the first item on the right)
    - Choose "Maximum CPU frequency"
    - Set this to 1008
    - Then check the "Set on boot" option
    05-10: KERNEL.ZIP #9 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): http://bit.ly/Iz9J4s
    md5sum bb453c85f7155cea3fab1c83cae65c73
    [ FULL STOCK CM9 ROM AVAILABLE HERE: http://bit.ly/JC6UBT ]
    md5sum 0d7677af67501b0f467130016fb1f928
    - updated PVR/graphics drivers for bugfix (same version 1.8@869593): fixes slight text corruption in at 270 degree rotation and memory leak
    - cleanup work on backlight driver, still flashes on resume slightly (Icemank121)
    - cpu governor: conservative cherry-pick improvment patches (Entropy512)
    - [ROM ONLY] Wifi netloc (GPS) working! (Entrophy512)
    - wifi .ini file change to TQS_S_2.6.ini (doesn't have 5ghz settings like the other)
    - [ROM ONLY] Volume increase (Kuzma30), updated CM9 build, reboot recovery fix, included volume slider, and commented out "survey data missing!" in wpa_supplicant_8, higher quality bootanimation

DEV NOTES: ROM Build is now fixed so that PVR modules are built with the kernel.