[Q&A] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [CM9]

Search This thread

wayzata

Mar 21, 2012
There appears to be no Q&A thread for CM9 currently. I know generally the person who made/ported the ROM would start it, but doesn't appear that that's high on Entropy's priority list. Anyway, there are a lot of CM9 threads wasting space on Infuse Q&A section, so here's this.

Ask any questions about CM9 for the Samsung Infuse 4g here.

It's my first real thread so don't get mad if something isn't right, tell me how to fix it.

Last edited:

Bubonic78

Feb 7, 2012
Garland
Q: I get weird rainbows in recovery and when my device boots? What gives?
A: This is what happens when a Gingerbread or ICS kernel is booted on a device with Froyo bootloaders. You will need to either live with the rainbows (recovery is at least partially usable with the rainbows now) or flash Gingerbread bootloaders. Stay tuned for more info on bootloader flashing.

Unfortunately, the classic "rainbow fix" we used for Gingerbread is not compatible with how video acceleration is set up in ICS. The rainbowfix will just cause the device to crash immediately on boot. (I think this is why jt was not successful with LinuxBozo's CM7 source.)

Q: I'm getting rainbows, how do I flash Gingerbread bootloaders?
Flash the bootloaders from the file attached to this post using Heimdall as follows:

heimdall flash --primary-boot boot.bin --secondary-boot Sbl.bin

DO NOT do this unless you are experiencing rainbows, and DO NOT do this until you have confirmed you can flash less dangerous stuff (like kernels) with Heimdall. If the flash fails you will hardbrick!

Thanks to LinuxBozo for confirming, way back in the days of UCKJ2, that Heimdall can safely flash bootloaders from leaks. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18539754#post18539754 - Be warned, once you do this step there is no going back. For whatever reason the Infuse won't flash dumped bootloaders, so there is no known way to return to Froyo and Rogers Gingerbread bootloaders.

just a starter quote from Entropy512

Last edited:

wayzata

Mar 21, 2012

gatoraid84

Jan 12, 2012
Jacksonville

anadam

Jul 30, 2011
Hey guys I got a infuse yesterday from a friend and its running Entropy CM9 I have some questions regarding it I would be really great ful if someone can help me.

Its running entropy cm9 and I am sure the previous owner did not flashed the GB BL on it as it does have the rainbow screen in recovery but the rom works fine on it without the BL.... am I good without them (bl)?

Can I flash it with GTG ultimate to go back to stock ?

Can I flash any other rom over this through the blue recovery ?

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Hey guys I got a infuse yesterday from a friend and its running Entropy CM9 I have some questions regarding it I would be really great ful if someone can help me. Its running entropy cm9 and I am sure the previous owner did not flashed the GB BL on it as it does have the rainbow screen in recovery but the rom works fine on it without the BL.... am I good without them (bl)?
Can I flash it with GTG ultimate to go back to stock ? Can I flash any other rom over this through the blue recovery ?

Take read thru this thread see if it is helpful for you, and you can follow my links i my signature for some more references.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1629079

anadam

Jul 30, 2011
Thanks for replying mate.

I tried to flash stock with qkster i click stock bl3 but i am not able to flash it i put my phone to DL heimdell shows phone connected but when i click flash it opens a windows to install Samsung composite drives, I installed the drivers and but i get same error again and again.

Even i tried the jscott30 Odin same is with it Odin does not recognize phone.

I had installed the latest Samsung kies to get the drivers did tried with different cables also but no luck.

wayzata

Mar 21, 2012
Thanks for replying mate.

I tried to flash stock with qkster i click stock bl3 but i am not able to flash it i put my phone to DL heimdell shows phone connected but when i click flash it opens a windows to install Samsung composite drives, I installed the drivers and but i get same error again and again.

Even i tried the jscott30 Odin same is with it Odin does not recognize phone.

I had installed the latest Samsung kies to get the drivers did tried with different cables also but no luck.

Try a different computer, a few of my computers won't install the drivers correctly and it never lets it connect to odin.

zacharysblubaugh

May 4, 2012
I love the cm9 mod and had it on my other infuse now I want to install it on my current one but it has voodoo is there anything I need to do before I flash it with cwm red

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
cm9 from cm7 blue cwm

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25229595&postcount=376

Everyone will have different experiences depending on where they are coming to CM9 from. The above link is the clean install method. I will say that I came from the CM7 unofficial ROM and blue CWM simply by wiping cache and installing the ROM. I didn't get hung at the samsung screen, but I got tons of exception errors and fc. I went back into recovery and did a clean wipe + wipe cache. Now she runs just about perfect. The OP mentions items that flat don't work and they are basically the same in CM7. Fine with me. LOVE LOVE LOVE ICS on the Infuse.

zacharysblubaugh

May 4, 2012
Just follow op...and read some before iding questions...or posting...most can be answered by a simple scan thru thread...:)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601844

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Incase you didn't know there is 869 post be more specific I have searched for this on Google and this thread. Is what I'm asking is do I need to disable voodoo lagfix last time I did it I had the blue cwm (is the red always voodoo I can't find a direct answer to this either)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

wayzata

Mar 21, 2012
Man I just flashed the May 2nd leak because I was getting random reboots but now the wifi just loses singal and can't find the network even though I should have a perfect signal. Reflashing april 23rd.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There appears to be no Q&A thread for CM9 currently. I know generally the person who made/ported the ROM would start it, but doesn't appear that that's high on Entropy's priority list. Anyway, there are a lot of CM9 threads wasting space on Infuse Q&A section, so here's this.

Ask any questions about CM9 for the Samsung Infuse 4g here.

It's my first real thread so don't get mad if something isn't right, tell me how to fix it.
    I got tired of researching and not finding answers, and waiting for a reply to my question. So I went ahead and did it. So for someone else's use later. You do not have to disable voodoo lag fix. Just clear data, flash it, and gapps. Then reboot it. The next time you use cwm recovery it will be blue.

Sent from my SGH-I997 running cm9 using XDA

Yes, you just follow flash instructions lol
    It didn't say anything about voodoo lagfix

It didn't need to. Usually when people flash it, it automatically goes to blue.
    the settings didnt work but however when i start MMS in Dev Tools and i try to download attachments messaging app crashes

Thanks for letting me know I'll continue looking

yes it did create a new file after i rebooted