[RECOVERY](Updated 2-8-14) Official ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7

Search This thread

Blueback22

Dec 22, 2010
Bothell, WA
I installed this via ROM Manager. What's odd is that it wants me to purchase the Touch version when I try to install it, but I have purchased this before. Is it device specific?

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
I installed this via ROM Manager. What's odd is that it wants me to purchase the Touch version when I try to install it, but I have purchased this before. Is it device specific?

This recovery is ment only for the nexus 10, but if you have already purchased Rom manger through the play store you shouldn't have to pay for it again and should be able to redownload it. Try uninstalling Rom manger and then downloading and reinstalling to see if that fixes the problem.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Blueback22

Dec 22, 2010
Bothell, WA
This recovery is ment only for the nexus 10, but if you have already purchased Rom manger through the play store you shouldn't have to pay for it again and should be able to redownload it. Try uninstalling Rom manger and then downloading and reinstalling to see if that fixes the problem.

I was using it on my N10. Installed ROM Manager and pro key. Flashed CWM through ROM manager and then tried Touch. Tried to charge me. Ended up saying screw it and rebooting to recovery. When I did that everything seemed fine (non touch) except my power button didn't select anything! Had to flash the attached version in the OP via fast boot to get out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

G

GuestD0701

I was using it on my N10. Installed ROM Manager and pro key. Flashed CWM through ROM manager and then tried Touch. Tried to charge me. Ended up saying screw it and rebooting to recovery. When I did that everything seemed fine (non touch) except my power button didn't select anything! Had to flash the attached version in the OP via fast boot to get out.

ROM manager has always tried charging me for different devices.. Ive always just fastboot flash touch image off rom manager site..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Lumsdoni

Nov 20, 2007
Hitchin, UK
I was able to reboot using my mac ./adb reboot then in rom manager I updated to 6.0.1.8 rebooted and the same thing happened, the power button did nothing. I bought the touch version and that one works fine.

On a side note I wasn't able to use adb on my PC. It said the drivers were bad and trying to up date them via the ones in SDK didn't work

Similar issues. Don't install using Rom manager

Swype'd at pace from my Galaxy S2

Blueback22

Dec 22, 2010
Bothell, WA
Does CWM have USB OTG support? I switched to TWRP for that, but like CWM better (maybe because I am comfortable with it)

mattdott

Aug 16, 2012
Hello everybody. I've been around file a while but never posted before. I always searched and found the answer myself. I cannot find the answer on my own this time.

I flashed cwm recovery via command line. Booted into recovery and flashed supersu. My tablet runs fine. I downloaded the custom stock kernel to flash. Tryed to go into recovery and now I get the android with the red triangle. The nexus 10 will boot fine. What is the problem? Do I need to install recovery again?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

bamboosensei

Mar 9, 2009
Apparently with 4.2, if you leave the recovery then it automatically re flashes the stock recovery if you don't delete two files. I think they are in system/recovery-from-boot.p and system/etc/install-recovery or something like that. It is somewhere on this forum though.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

xXFallenXx

Nov 13, 2012
I have installed this version of recovery 6.0.1.8. Installs fine and does no longer reboot. When I go into recovery to make a backup is starts the backup process for about 10 seconds then screen goes blank and recovery restarts to recovery reboot screen. Im sure the backup does not complete correctly. When I try to restore backup I just made says MD5 sum incomplete. When I go to file manager in clockwork file there are no backup files shown. I have tried this process numerous times. I then go to TWRP recovery and backup and restore work as they should. Anyone else having this problem, or is it just my device?
John Wick.

There are still some issues for now with making backups and some users have reported problems with the power button for selection.

I am having both of these issues with recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.8-manta.img

1. When flashed from ROM manager the power button does not work
  2. When doing a backup it reboots before completing
  3. When installing .zips (like gapps) it sometimes reboots

I have the 32 gig Nexus 10.
I'm pretty sure I followed the steps correctly. Here is what I did:
E:\Nexus10RootNew>fastboot -w
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [ 0.529s]
formatting 'userdata' partition...
Creating filesystem with parameters:
Size: 29783752704
Block size: 4096
Blocks per group: 32768
Inodes per group: 8192
Inode size: 256
Journal blocks: 32768
Label:
Blocks: 7271424
Block groups: 222
Reserved block group size: 1024
Created filesystem with 11/1818624 inodes and 158176/7271424 blocks
sending 'userdata' (139141 KB)...
writing 'userdata'...
OKAY [ 26.913s]
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [ 0.101s]
formatting 'cache' partition...
Size: 553648128
Inodes per group: 6768
Journal blocks: 2112
Label:
Blocks: 135168
Block groups: 5
Reserved block group size: 39
Created filesystem with 11/33840 inodes and 4363/135168 blocks
sending 'cache' (10372 KB)...
writing 'cache'...
OKAY [ 1.839s]
finished. total time: 29.394s

E:\Nexus10RootNew>fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.8-manta
.img
sending 'recovery' (6136 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.912s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.147s]
finished. total time: 1.065s

Cheers,

notfaded1

Jun 18, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
Try the [ADB/FB/APX Driver] Universal Naked Driver 0.72 driver

I was able to reboot using my mac ./adb reboot then in rom manager I updated to 6.0.1.8 rebooted and the same thing happened, the power button did nothing. I bought the touch version and that one works fine.

On a side note I wasn't able to use adb on my PC. It said the drivers were bad and trying to up date them via the ones in SDK didn't work

These are great... so much better than sumsungs I had on my machine b4.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1998650
This driver makes adb and fastboot work without a bunch of driver hell when moving between lots of devices! crookedpriority this should fix your driver problem and get adb working.

Last edited:

sublimejosh2000

Dec 14, 2010
Atlanta
How on Earth did you get out of recovery.... I had to flash the Touch version from fastboot and use the touch to remove the recovery flag from the bootloader... Almost freaked out! No power button to manually reboot the device normal.

I am having both of these issues with recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.8-manta.img

1. When flashed from ROM manager the power button does not work
  2. When doing a backup it reboots before completing
  3. When installing .zips (like gapps) it sometimes reboots

I have the 32 gig Nexus 10.
I'm pretty sure I followed the steps correctly. Here is what I did:
E:\Nexus10RootNew>fastboot -w
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [ 0.529s]
formatting 'userdata' partition...
Size: 29783752704
Inodes per group: 8192
Journal blocks: 32768
Label:
Blocks: 7271424
Block groups: 222
Reserved block group size: 1024
Created filesystem with 11/1818624 inodes and 158176/7271424 blocks
sending 'userdata' (139141 KB)...
writing 'userdata'...
OKAY [ 26.913s]
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [ 0.101s]
formatting 'cache' partition...
Size: 553648128
Inodes per group: 6768
Journal blocks: 2112
Label:
Blocks: 135168
Block groups: 5
Reserved block group size: 39
Created filesystem with 11/33840 inodes and 4363/135168 blocks
sending 'cache' (10372 KB)...
writing 'cache'...
OKAY [ 1.839s]
finished. total time: 29.394s

E:\Nexus10RootNew>fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.8-manta
.img
sending 'recovery' (6136 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.912s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.147s]
finished. total time: 1.065s

Cheers,

chugger93

Nov 9, 2009
Michigan
So has anyone tried a backup with 6.0.1.8 and a restore? I'd like to flash a rom, but if I can't make a backup and have it work, then that can't be good.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

n/m, I've confirmed myself that backup's do not work, but plainly just abort

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
So has anyone tried a backup with 6.0.1.8 and a restore? I'd like to flash a rom, but if I can't make a backup and have it work, then that can't be good.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

I would recommend checking out TWRP for the nexus 10 that is fully functioning including backups.

mc2821

Jun 1, 2012
Hello everybody. I've been around file a while but never posted before. I always searched and found the answer myself. I cannot find the answer on my own this time.

I flashed cwm recovery via command line. Booted into recovery and flashed supersu. My tablet runs fine. I downloaded the custom stock kernel to flash. Tryed to go into recovery and now I get the android with the red triangle. The nexus 10 will boot fine. What is the problem? Do I need to install recovery again?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Try downloading rom manager and re flashing recovery through that. After it flashes, boot into recovery flash what you want and when you reboot the system make sure you click yes, if you click no or go back the recovery won't stick, at least that's how I got it to work and it's been working ever since.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

The back ups do work but you may need to go in to mounts/storage and select mount sd card I did that and it worked fine. It's an extra step and kind of annoying but it works.

dipzb90

Nov 13, 2012
London
I've got a strange problem when I try and restore my CWM backups, I get a MD5 mismatch error. The only way I can get it to restore is by manually recreating the MD5 through ADB. Same thing happens every time I create a new backup. Any ideas?

Lumsdoni

Nov 20, 2007
Hitchin, UK
I bet this is a stupid question, but where are the backups stored?

I've done a backup but cannot seem to find the file in ESFile Explorer.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Finally found it

/mnt/emulated/shell/clockworrkmod/backups

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

sam3000

Jul 11, 2009
Seattle
FYI - I've submitted a fix to cm mr1-staging for the CWM reboots.

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/27216/

More info: the hardware watchdog is enabled by default and the recovery is supposed to include init.recovery.manta.rc to start the watchdog daemon to send heartbeats and prevent a reboot. build/core/Makefile indeed copies this rc file but then inadvertently deletes it a couple of lines later.

I've noticed that many of the manta recoveries that don't have the restart problem have backup/restore issues instead (either md5 checksum or storage path problems). TWRP is the only other recovery I've found so far that is fully functional. This being the case, here's a recent cwm build from the cm mr1-staging branch with the aforementioned fix applied (fully working backup/restore with md5 checksums):
http://cyanogenmodbuild.s3.mortimer.me.uk.s3.amazonaws.com/recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.9-manta.img

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

I've got a strange problem when I try and restore my CWM backups, I get a MD5 mismatch error. The only way I can get it to restore is by manually recreating the MD5 through ADB. Same thing happens every time I create a new backup. Any ideas?

Yep, borked :)

I'd recommend either the TWRP recovery or the use the fixed cwm I've just posted a link to above.

dipzb90

Nov 13, 2012
London
FYI - I've submitted a fix to cm mr1-staging for the CWM reboots.

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/27216/

More info: the hardware watchdog is enabled by default and the recovery is supposed to include init.recovery.manta.rc to start the watchdog daemon to send heartbeats and prevent a reboot. build/core/Makefile indeed copies this rc file but then inadvertently deletes it a couple of lines later.

I've noticed that many of the manta recoveries that don't have the restart problem have backup/restore issues instead (either md5 checksum or storage path problems). TWRP is the only other recovery I've found so far that is fully functional. This being the case, here's a recent cwm build from the cm mr1-staging branch with the aforementioned fix applied (fully working backup/restore with md5 checksums):
http://cyanogenmodbuild.s3.mortimer.me.uk.s3.amazonaws.com/recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.9-manta.img

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Yep, borked :)

I'd recommend either the TWRP recovery or the use the fixed cwm I've just posted a link to above.

Thanks I just jumped ship to TWRP and no problems :)

dadebue

Jan 27, 2011
backup function not working here. just reboots after done freeing space

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts