Root kindle fire hd 7.2.2/7.2.3 success!!

Search This thread

vida69

Dec 15, 2012
After several hours i have finally been able to root my brand new kindle fire hd which came preloaded with 7.2.2. While setting up it updated to 7.2.3 on its own. Anyways here are the steps i took:

Prereq:
1. Download the ADB Drivers and QemuRoot method files. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1893838
2. Download Binary v17 Method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460
3. Download and install the latest java. http://www.java.com/en/ This is a very important step in which allowed me to succesfully root my device.

Steps:
I recommend uninstalling all drivers in order to start fresh and do a factory reset on your kindle.

1. Install ADB drivers. Extract Qemu Root and Binaryv17 files.
2. Open cmd run as admin and execute runme.bat from binaryv17.
3. Select Method 1 and your kindle should have a screen pop up requesting a restore.
4. Simply tap on Restore on your kindle and it should reboot after that. Kindle will be slow and sluggish. Thats ok.
5. After Binaryv17 is done run qemuroot.bat from Qemuroot method.
6. Choose option 1 to root.
7. Executable should go through different steps in order to root your kindle.

I saw people posting about not being able to root 7.2.2/7.2.3 devices which have not been rooted before. I can confirm it does work if you follow the above steps. The trick that it for me was the installation of JAVA. I kept getting multiple errors when i did not have it installed on my computer. Hope it works for you all.

thrb

Oct 22, 2011
Thank you very much vida69!
I used Windows 7 Ultimate 64 sp1
installed the lastest Java
Kindle Fire ADB drivers.exe --- 8,96 MB (9.402.392 bytes)
Kindle factory reset ***
Binary v17 Method
QemuRoot method

I bought my Kindle Fire 7 HD 32g last week, my Kindle was version 7.2.2 from factory, and updated to 7.2.3 (have not been rooted before)
I did a factory reset, *** and then without registered my Kindle with my Amazon account, and the device Language >English (USA), I followed the vida69's instructions step by step.
and my Kindle is rooted :)

Reactions: Gilly10

markbc01

Dec 5, 2011
Pacific Grove, CA
Results of Updating MY KF HD 7" to 7.2.3

...I saw people posting about not being able to root 7.2.2/7.2.3 devices which have not been rooted before. I can confirm it does work if you follow the above steps. The trick that it for me was the installation of JAVA. I kept getting multiple errors when i did not have it installed on my computer. Hope it works for you all.

Thank you for this information --although my case is a bit different. I rooted my Kindle Fire HD 7" when I first got it and it had &.7.1.?/3. Put Google play on it, Titanium BU, Screenshot Es, and Root Explorer. Disabled the OTA updates (I did not get affected by either 7.2 or 7.2.3!). However I was interested in trying the 7.2.3. So I downloaded it and did the upgrade.

The update was smooth and provided me with the latest including Swype Keyboard (especially for the Swype Keyboard).

Much to my surprise, however, every single app that I had sideloaded or purchased and loaded from Play after I first rooted was still there! And all of them were functional. Except that all of the "Root-requiring" apps won't work now (Tintanium, Screenshot ES and Root Explorer in the RW mode).

The rest are there, and I can still access the Play store . . . So I will try the root process using your tips, but have no hurry since I have my apps and market too --not bad. Only thing is I will have to get root eventually so as to turn off the future OTA updates!

Really surprised since on my original Kindle Fire, whenever I updated it basically wiped the machine clean. This update was like flashing a rom and not clearing the cache or the dalvik or (especially) not doing a factory reset! I am surprised it worked!
:)

dedpossum

Mar 11, 2012
Kindle Fire HD 7" 7.2.3

So i didn't even know my KF updated from 7.2.2 to 7.2.3. I previously rooted 7.2.1. so I already had a pretty good idea of what needed to happen. One thing that I will note is that when I plugged my kfhd in I opened a cmd prompt and typed in "adb devices" when my serial number showed up I knew that I could proceed with the scripts.

Hope it helps.

ded

JAG50

Apr 8, 2011
Glad to hear you we able to re-root. We've got some discussions going as to how to can disable future updates.

Sent from my KFTT using xda premium

Raffo17

Dec 14, 2012
hi everybody!
i'm on windows 7 professional 64 bit and i have a kindle fire hd 7.2.3. i'm trying to root my device but i've got always the same problems: when i plugin my kindle and run "Runme.bat" it can't find the device. in fact when i run the command "stuff\adb devices" the list is empty. I've followed all the steps in the guide! i'm lost :(

ps sorry for my english

fireslayer26

Jan 12, 2009
After running "runme.bat" its still stopping at *daemon started successfully*.......

Still does not show anything when I run "adb devices". But does show up under Device Manager.

Last edited:

Vodalex

May 30, 2012
After running "runme.bat" its still stopping at *daemon started successfully*.......

Still does not show anything when I run "adb devices". But does show up under Device Manager.
I have the same problem. The program just doesn't recognize the device even if the adb drivers are installed. Have Widows 7 x64 and normal ADB Drivers 29.08.2012.. :confused: Hope, that CM10 will be published soon..

yadavshyam

Dec 7, 2012
root useless

i follow you steps, gets rooted but can't able to install file exper app. still have superuser app. runs smooth. any help how to install apps now because I can't use amazon due to geographical restrictions in Australia.
if i can't install any app root is useless.

hector333

Jan 9, 2009
Veracruz
Work like a charm for me; no need to do de qemu root, just the root many android did it for me, i did have root access before 7.2.3

Thanks a lot!

engwan

Dec 18, 2012
Work like a charm for me; no need to do de qemu root, just the root many android did it for me, i did have root access before 7.2.3

Thanks a lot!

Works for me too. No need for qemu. I have not rooted this before and it auto updated to 7.2.3.

First I got permission errors, but after I restored to factory settings I was able to root it. I used a separate computer to do it though so I'm not really sure if it really is the reset to factory settings that did it.

Also, I had to download Android SDK to get the new adb because adb packaged with the root tools can't detect the device.

techiepiano

Dec 18, 2011
Roosevelt
Success (!)

Hello all, I am a noob to THIS forum. I have successfully rooted according to the above mentioned guideline, but not without one issue.

For all those doing this for the first time, just remember at the "Restore" screen mentioned on step 4 of vida69's post, it would be best that you use a simple password for the restore point, as just pressing "Restore My Device" does not allow the exploit to continue. :good:

Found this out the hard way. :eek:

Happy rooting!:good:

Last edited:

perdevnull

Apr 15, 2011
Works for me too. No need for qemu. I have not rooted this before and it auto updated to 7.2.3.

First I got permission errors, but after I restored to factory settings I was able to root it. I used a separate computer to do it though so I'm not really sure if it really is the reset to factory settings that did it.

Also, I had to download Android SDK to get the new adb because adb packaged with the root tools can't detect the device.

The adb.exe replace from SDK solved the issue from me too.

NickolausL

Dec 20, 2012
OP: It seems like this thread duplicates http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2035334 Particularly if you believe Java is key why not post it there?

I was having some difficulties doing this last night and I found a solution. Here's some proof that I'm rooted:

ChDVY.jpg

47k0S.jpg

All I did was enter my SDK Manager and installed the following driver: Google USB Driver

Then ADB DRIVERS showed my Kindle Fire HD 7".
Hpze7.png

Note: I was never rooted before, so people saying that it only works if you were rooted before, that's a lie!

thrb

Oct 22, 2011
i follow you steps, gets rooted but can't able to install file exper app. still have superuser app. runs smooth. any help how to install apps now because I can't use amazon due to geographical restrictions in Australia.
if i can't install any app root is useless.

Just download a file explorer from any other store >google search> es file explorer apk> download and send to your email as attachment, open the email in the Kindle, install the attachment

darakora

Oct 19, 2010
got KFHD rooted in WIndows 8

I use windows 8 and got problem with connecting to kindle fire hd 7" to root.
The adb.exe from Binary v18 does not see my kindle fire ( i installed driver from this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1893838)
I decided to uninstall the the Amazon adb driver, and installed google usb driver from android sdk.
The adb.exe from Binary v18 still does not see my kindle fire, but the adb from android sdk see it.
At last i have changed something in RunMe.bat from Binary v18, put them all in one folder.
Run the RunMe.bat first then the rootQemu.bat.
here is the file:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/57kOoY4Z/tool_root_KFHD_723_windows_8.html
Sorry for my bad english

yadavshyam

Dec 7, 2012
Success Rooted again one more time !!!

Follow the steps above, as superuser CMD prompt. Install Java and run Runme.bat then menu.
after that I side loaded Fileexpert to give root permission to move Vending apk and google services.
Due to Geographical Restrication I was unable to use Amazon Appstore. That why I have to use this method.
Now I am rooted with version 7.2.3 user.....and Google market 3.8.17 installed.

For user Outside US use these steps.... even you had new kindle fire HD with preinstalled version 7.2.3.

Anyway thanks to all who make this happens.:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After several hours i have finally been able to root my brand new kindle fire hd which came preloaded with 7.2.2. While setting up it updated to 7.2.3 on its own. Anyways here are the steps i took:

Prereq:
    1. Download the ADB Drivers and QemuRoot method files. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1893838
    2. Download Binary v17 Method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460
    3. Download and install the latest java. http://www.java.com/en/ This is a very important step in which allowed me to succesfully root my device.

Steps:
    I recommend uninstalling all drivers in order to start fresh and do a factory reset on your kindle.

1. Install ADB drivers. Extract Qemu Root and Binaryv17 files.
    2. Open cmd run as admin and execute runme.bat from binaryv17.
    3. Select Method 1 and your kindle should have a screen pop up requesting a restore.
    4. Simply tap on Restore on your kindle and it should reboot after that. Kindle will be slow and sluggish. Thats ok.
    5. After Binaryv17 is done run qemuroot.bat from Qemuroot method.
    6. Choose option 1 to root.
    7. Executable should go through different steps in order to root your kindle.

I saw people posting about not being able to root 7.2.2/7.2.3 devices which have not been rooted before. I can confirm it does work if you follow the above steps. The trick that it for me was the installation of JAVA. I kept getting multiple errors when i did not have it installed on my computer. Hope it works for you all.
    Thank you very much vida69!
    I used Windows 7 Ultimate 64 sp1
    installed the lastest Java
    Kindle Fire ADB drivers.exe --- 8,96 MB (9.402.392 bytes)
    Kindle factory reset ***
    Binary v17 Method
    QemuRoot method

I bought my Kindle Fire 7 HD 32g last week, my Kindle was version 7.2.2 from factory, and updated to 7.2.3 (have not been rooted before)
    I did a factory reset, *** and then without registered my Kindle with my Amazon account, and the device Language >English (USA), I followed the vida69's instructions step by step.
    and my Kindle is rooted :)
    Rename SDK

Thank you so much for your reply.

The date and time stamp of the adb.exe is Dec 5, 2012. There is no adb.exe running in my system when I attempt to run the Binary Root.
    kindle5.jpg

I do not know how to temporarily remove the SDK path Statement... is there any thread/walk-through on that process?

Once again, thanks a lot for your help!

Open the Windows Task Manager. Review the Processes. "End Process" on any adb.exe running (looks like you are OK here). If you installed the Android SDK, there is probably a PATH Statement pointing to the platform-tools folder. To avoid adb.exe start-up conflicts, temporarily rename the SDK platform-tools folder to platform-tools-temp. This can be found in C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk

Also, I developed a simple step by step instructions with updated tools here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2064633

I hope this is helpful to you. If you are still having trouble, post a reply with as much detail as possible.
    Root for Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD Software Version 7.2.3

OK Sooooooooo this was a very weird and very simple fix. Thanks so much for being helpful!

It seems that I had to manually open command prompt, and manually "cd" to the directory where Binary Root RunMe.bat is housed, and then run "RunMe.Bat"

The only problem, it seems, was that I was right-clicking RunMe.bat and choosing "Run As Administrator". Once I did this method I just mentioned above, everything worked! So there ya go!

Win 7 64-bit Intel i3

I am glad you were able to figure it out, good job! Let me know if I can help as you progress.

Just FYI, I just got Google Voice Search to work, so if you are looking for a really cool app check this one out:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2004777
    ADB Communication Issues

i'm stuck in the third step. i choose option 1 and this message appear:

Checking if i should run in normal mode or special sony mode
    Please connect your device with usb-debugging enabled now
    *daemon not running.Starting it now on port 5037 *
    *daemon started succesfully*

and nothing happens... No screen pop up requesting a restore, no nothing. I'm doing something wrong? Anyone knows how to clear this part?

We have seen this problem a lot with the older utilities. If you use our download links to these utilities

they include updated adb.exe daemons. You may use our utilities, this may solve your issue.

Also, verify you have enabled ADB on the Kindle.

Verify the Windows device manager shows Android ADB Composite Interface.

If all is well and you are using our Utilities then perform a Factory Reset.

Immediately after the Kindle Reboots go into Security and Enable ADB, then before you

do anything else to the Kindle execute the utilities.