10.6.1.14.10-20030801 is out

Search This thread

KoSLoW

Aug 19, 2007
France
Another confirmed case OTA RootKeeper worked.
The first step was I re-enable all the stuff I had disabled. I then used Titanium to make a good backup just in case. After backup completed, I rebooted just to have a clean screen. Went in OTA RootKeeper and do the temp. unroot. Download the update and install. Let the tablet reboot itself and used OTA to restore root.
This was the first time I had a smooth OTA update. The last several messed up (every time) I had to do the full flash to make the tablet useable.

Strange. I was in .10 totally Stock rom no root and no unlock.

i unlock it with asus tool (not needed bu i did it) I downgrade to .8 lost all my files i just save 2 or 3 game only. So i restart with pleasure to zero.

I root it, just install ota root keeper only. i save Root and clik Temp unroot.

And like i said it don't work.

I will try again one last time, if it don't work i will install cromi X.

What i will do :

Downgrade again to .8

Root with motochopper

protect root and Temp uroot

Download from tablet the update

And crosss fingers.

-----

Last attempt i had update tablet with zip fil and no download maybe it's the cause ?

ils01

Dec 3, 2011
Strange. I was in .10 totally Stock rom no root and no unlock.

i unlock it with asus tool (not needed bu i did it) I downgrade to .8 lost all my files i just save 2 or 3 game only. So i restart with pleasure to zero.

I root it, just install ota root keeper only. i save Root and clik Temp unroot.

And like i said it don't work.

I will try again one last time, if it don't work i will install cromi X.

What i will do :

Downgrade again to .8

Root with motochopper

protect root and Temp uroot

Download from tablet the update

And crosss fingers.

-----

Last attempt i had update tablet with zip fil and no download maybe it's the cause ?

Can you try an extra step?

-After downgrade to ,08 and rooted, can you run SU just to make sure it's OK? After that, reboot and check OTA Rootkeeper and SU again to make sure your root is still good. Now, temp. unroot and search for OTA update.

KoSLoW

Aug 19, 2007
France
Ok i will take a look. When i root with motochopper it install SuperSU. Must i download "superuser" too ?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

KoSLoW

Aug 19, 2007
France
Can you try an extra step?

-After downgrade to ,08 and rooted, can you run SU just to make sure it's OK? After that, reboot and check OTA Rootkeeper and SU again to make sure your root is still good. Now, temp. unroot and search for OTA update.

Ok i will take a look. When i root with motochopper it install SuperSU. Must i download "superuser" too ?

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA

No, that would cause problems. You can have either SuperSU or Superuser installed - not both.
SuperSU works better on JB.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Look at this thread. This guy had exactly the same problem and solved it - maybe it helps.
Solution is post 22
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45135828

KoSLoW

Aug 19, 2007
France
No, that would cause problems. You can have either SuperSU or Superuser installed - not both.
SuperSU works better on JB.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Look at this thread. This guy had exactly the same problem and solved it - maybe it helps.
Solution is post 22
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45135828

Very very very strange i don't understand i did exactly like him 10 min ago and impossible to restor (icon is not here) and only one thing is check ... it start to make me nervousssssss

Top Liked Posts