Wireless Charging issue (maybe bad charger?)

Search This thread

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Not sure if there's something specific you need to do but I bought a brand new techmatte wireless charger. The reviews were all great and I got. From Amazon. I tried it with my g2 and nothing. No matter how much I adjusted it it wouldn't work. The charger lit up when plugged in the wall but the phone didn't charge and the charger didn't show that it recognized a phone on it. I already filed a return since I just got it today but if anyone has any ideas and it works I can cancel the return thanks.

Ps. There's a video on YouTube of it working with other phones so maybe my phone is the issue???

Here's the link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F1SHFJA?pc_redir=1397366402&robot_redir=1

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Well the guy came to,pick it up today but I was out of,ink and couldn't,print the return form so I had to tell him to,come back tomorrow. I guess I'm just gonna return it and buy the official one for 10more dollars off eBay since they're on,sale they're

toebee76

Nov 16, 2010
Well the guy came to,pick it up today but I was out of,ink and couldn't,print the return form so I had to tell him to,come back tomorrow. I guess I'm just gonna return it and buy the official one for 10more dollars off eBay since they're on,sale they're

are you using a custom rom? I've had many problems with my wireless charger if the rom was not made by LG
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2710425

jpwaite454

Apr 6, 2014
I would suggest the wcp-300. That's the one that i have and it works quite well. I have noticed that if i have my tpu case on the phone it charges a bit slower. So, if you have it in a case, try removing it.

Reactions: abdel12345

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
I would suggest the wcp-300. That's the one that i have and it works quite well. I have noticed that if i have my tpu case on the phone it charges a bit slower. So, if you have it in a case, try removing it.

I tried it without a case and no go. But it was a generic one I'll try the official one since its on sale for 20 on daily steals every other week

jpwaite454

Apr 6, 2014
the last bit of advice I can think of for the time being is that the Qi receiver for the phone is on the lower half of the phone. Sometimes I have to position it just so until it registers. Best of luck other than that with your new charger.

frackingdren

Apr 21, 2014
If this is anything like the PowerBot Qi charger I got from Amazon, you need to use the supplied cable. I tried to use what I had plugged into my computer at the time and it didn't quite fit right and was very loose so it wouldn't properly power up my Qi charger.

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
If this is anything like the PowerBot Qi charger I got from Amazon, you need to use the supplied cable. I tried to use what I had plugged into my computer at the time and it didn't quite fit right and was very loose so it wouldn't properly power up my Qi charger.

I contacted them and they told me "it isn't compatible with the g2" and they have a different version called the techmatte pod or something like that that works on the g2, but that makes no sense considering qi charging is universal. I'm not sure if I wanna try buying that one or not

frackingdren

Apr 21, 2014
I contacted them and they told me "it isn't compatible with the g2" and they have a different version called the techmatte pod or something like that that works on the g2, but that makes no sense considering qi charging is universal. I'm not sure if I wanna try buying that one or not

As far as I concerned, if it's truly a Qi charger it should work. Maybe you have a faulty unit and they don't have to eat the cost? I'd just return it and get another product. This is what I got:

http://www.amazon.com/PowerBot®-Ind...F8&qid=1398696518&sr=8-2&keywords=powerbot+qi

This works for my two LG G2 VS980 and my Galaxy Nexus 7 (2013). Make sure you use the supplied cable or you'll have a loose connection.

Top Liked Posts