FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][GB 2.3.5]GingerBread Phone 7 v0.5 (12/11/11)

591 posts
Thanks Meter: 188

By Peperm1nt, Senior Member on 26th September 2011, 05:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th September 2011, 08:43 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Matewan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsumeikuro

Hmm would it be okay to update the road runner scripts to the sonic scripts v2 to v3? Thinking about giving this a try.

Sorry, it does have the Sonic Scripts. I was in a hurry putting the desc up on here and trying to remember everything. I edited the List tho. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3CH9ICIAN

I just gave it a run it does feel like its beta it looked nice when I went to install swype it goes to a user name and pass word for swype beta I don't have them couldn't log in so couldn't install friend caster didn't want to work after log in kept popping up that it wasn't a valid copy and wanted me to pay for it it was really jumpy not very responsive the music tile force closed so I removed it and couldn't find a way to put it back on but hey could b me I may try out again after it goes threw a few builds and gets refined great look and concept I look forward to were it goes and am willing to try again thanks for your hard work I'm not bad nothing it just saying some things are off and its in need of more development and refinement but thanks and in another note the system recovery nandroid worked flawlessly to revert my system

Thank you for trying this out. I probably forgot to swap the friendcaster pro for the free one. You can add other tiles in from the app drawer and you can edit tiles by holding them, then clicking the configuration button upper left side of tile.

26th September 2011, 06:00 PM |#12  
Flag milwaukee area
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Ahh I see with the music tile there was no music app in the drawer and I hadn't give threw ti backup yet for my music app but like I said looks promising I hope u continue on it and do not let the haters get on ya I look forward to future versions

Thank you for trying this out. I probably forgot to swap the friendcaster pro for the free one. You can add other tiles in from the app drawer and you can edit tiles by holding them, then clicking the configuration button upper left side of tile.[/QUOTE]
26th September 2011, 06:15 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Matewan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ahh I see with the music tile there was no music app in the drawer and I hadn't give threw ti backup yet for my music app but like I said looks promising I hope u continue on it and do not let the haters get on ya I look forward to future versions

Thanks, and I'm glad you found out how to edit the files.

A little information about me. IM NOT A DEVELOPER PERSEE. haha this rom is for me to tinker with and to learn how to develop for future ideas and apps. This rom will have my full support and will probably get updated frequently over the next few weeks as I learn different things and make it better. Right now I'm trying to get the Notification issue worked out(black BG on black text). It's a simple fix, but Ive got other daily things I have to take care of. I work everyday except Sundays, thus giving me limited time to work with. But I'm constantly editing the Rom. I've had it now for like 3 weeks and I've been tinkering with it as I can, trying to learn the limitations and work arounds. The Launcher needs edited BADLY and as soon as I have got a feel for xml editing and app production, I will start working on it to Automatically have certain tiles set and eventually add Live Tile support like the WP7s(this should be like 1-2 months away ..) But I will be getting the ROM bloat free and More AOSP and HOPEFULLY blurless by next weekend, Maybe middle of next week. Still waiting on feedback to determine whether to use AOSP text messaging and Dialer or Use GO! replacements and other APPS that need to go or come to the rom. PERSONALLY, I like the GO! replacements for the features they have in them(SMS has FB Chat Integration as well as a DATA IM Client, all of which runs within your SMS app).
The Following User Says Thank You to Peperm1nt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Peperm1nt Ad-Free
26th September 2011, 06:37 PM |#14  
Flag milwaukee area
Thanks Meter: 16

More
You could always make to versions one with go one more asop and get feedback on both before u decide which one to develop more
The Following User Says Thank You to T3CH9ICIAN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift T3CH9ICIAN Ad-Free
26th September 2011, 06:39 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode

IMO you should've named the ROM WindowBread 7 or GingerWindow 7

Or maybe Gin Rommy?
26th September 2011, 06:45 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Matewan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You could always make to versions one with go one more asop and get feedback on both before u decide which one to develop more

Thats not a bad idea actually. My only worry is the setup phase of this phone. Its been very aggravating flashing my phone multiple times a day and setting up my other apps that I don't have featured in this and setting up my accounts back on the phone. But I will probably do that after this next release.

QUESTION FOR ALL!!!

Does anyone know how to put Swype Beta's data file in the data/data folder when flashing a rom? I tried to put my license within the data folder upon bootup, but I don't think it flashed and the way it was setup in tests was I had the data folder set correctly for flashing, but it didnt flash the /data/data/ folder. The line is *command_here_extract_folder* /data which dumps the contents of /data/ from .zip to /data/ of the phone. Weird, but it don't work sadly .. any ideas? or is just keeping the installer fine till the official is released?
27th September 2011, 12:28 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Matewan

Donate to Me
More
If the power doesn't go off tonight, I will be uploading an update fixing the notifications and removing/moving some of the apps that aren't useful. Hopefully around 9 est. You should have it.
27th September 2011, 02:02 AM |#18  
Flag Captiva
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Here's ur music app
http://bit.ly/luHFGO

Fede musik

Actually the latest version is here
https://market.android.com/details?i...udio.ubermusic
27th September 2011, 02:12 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Matewan

Donate to Me
More
Wow thank you so much!! Are we aloud to put paid apps in our ROM?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
27th September 2011, 02:15 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 1,084

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peperm1nt

Wow thank you so much!! Are we aloud to put paid apps in our ROM?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

No, I don't think we are allowed to.
27th September 2011, 02:17 AM |#21  
Account currently disabled
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 820

Donate to Me
More
Peppermint you arent allowed, But im sure you could ask him for permission. Even if fede wont let you, just say it would be a nice touch for the rom and just post the link to the market app in your thread , howd you make out on the notification text?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gbp7, gingerbread phone 7, peperm1nt, wp7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)