[APP][4.0+] Android L (5.0) - Launcher, Apps, Keyboard APK, Wallpapers, Fonts, System

Search This thread

the playa!

Mar 18, 2012
Somerset
The system dump from N5 and N7 are the same right? Also, if someone has Android L running the the N7 2013, can you post the boot.img? Thanks.

Edit: Got the boot.img from the N7 dump but it does not contain the build.prop for some reason. If someone has Android L running on their N7, can you please post the build.prop? Thanks.

Last edited:

TCPDump

May 26, 2014
Central US
Here Android L Keyboard for non root devices, i "modded" apk

- http://d-h.st/YmI

Uninstall google keyboard(Play Store one not AOSP), install this apk and change theme

Go to Android L Google Keyboard settings
Open “Advanced settings”
Select Color scheme “Material”

Tested on Moto G 4.4.2 no root

EDIT: Will not work on nexus stock no root,because google keyboard is a system app and you cant uninstall it

Note, you CAN use it on the Nexus, but you have to uninstall the origial keybaord (be rooted), reboot and then you can install this one.

Jonnyredcorn

Nov 7, 2011
Southgate
I looked through the thread but I don't use the mega app and was wondering if someone could upload the fonts zip so I don't have to download mega app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Pulsa

Sep 15, 2013
Jakarta
I spoke to a Google rep (who then spoke to their boss), and here's a quick updtate on the "OK Google Everywhere" functionality that many of us seem to be missing (without the hack):

According to the lead at Google support, this functionality was only intended to work on Nexus devices for the time being (which is weird, as it seems some of us with other phones have the option).
That's all I have, and they had received calls about this issue before.
I guess we all have to hack, or wait an indefinite amount of time :p

It works for me, using Xperia SP running CM11

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kpbird

Jan 28, 2010
Ahmedabad
thank you OP for the effort, I am having battery drain issue in Xperia P - Battery drain by Google Play Services. Any one having same issue ?

WrightOne86

Sep 20, 2010
Virginia
Anyone have any ideas as to why I get the message "app not installed" when I try install any of these? Play Services, Gmail, Hangouts, and Navigation all have the same thing.

I am on stock rooted 4.4.4

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

billgufran

Sep 8, 2013
Awesome trick (Thanks to XDA, needs root)

How to get "Material Design UI" in the L version of Google Now launcher :

1) Install L version of launcher.
2) Goto system and open build.prop
3) Change this : ro.build.version.codename=REL
4) To this : ro.build.version.codename=L
5) Reboot
6) You got MD UI :D

Well, I don't see any difference except new drop shadow in google now. Anyone? Thanks :)

faslane

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 7, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
Anyone wanting OK GOOGLE on any screen might want to check out Xgels. It works everywhere and does MUCH MUCH more.

Note 3 DK 4.0, GPE, Xgels, and some other goodies.

v418h4v

Mar 2, 2013
Earth
Gmail crashes using this method; I don't think there is a way around this right now

I think there is a dev posted a fix but can't remember the name but to fix the gmail force closing issue what you need to do is go to settings > apps and find gmail and click on uninstall updates. This should hopefully fix it. Thanks to the dev who posted :D

Top Liked Posts