(TOOL) Perma-Temp Root with *R/W* & Stable!

Search This thread

krayziecali

Jan 1, 2010
cant get to work i run the application on pc check my phone it has the SU app and terminal but no SU access what am i missing

hssmah

Sep 23, 2007
dose any one know how to temp root for..?
EVO3D GSM
Build: GRJ22
Bootloader: 1.49.0012
Radio: 10.13.9020.29_M

Just curious as to why some of you are still trying to temp-root when perm-root has been available for quite some time. You can't flash anything with temp-root, as you lose your temp-root when phone is rebooted, so you can't temporarily try roms/kernals to make sure you want to perm-root. Not dissing any one, just curious as to why some people still want this.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

TechnoHacker

Dec 28, 2010
Just curious as to why some of you are still trying to temp-root when perm-root has been available for quite some time. You can't flash anything with temp-root, as you lose your temp-root when phone is rebooted, so you can't temporarily try roms/kernals to make sure you want to perm-root. Not dissing any one, just curious as to why some people still want this.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

I'm on HBOOT 1.50. This means I can't flash radios if i root and it will erase all my data if i unlock with HTC. I'd rather prema-temp root until revolutionary gets out for the EVO 3D.

-Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using the XDA App.

Heaterz16

Mar 26, 2010
I'm on HBOOT 1.50. This means I can't flash radios if i root and it will erase all my data if i unlock with HTC. I'd rather prema-temp root until revolutionary gets out for the EVO 3D.

-Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using the XDA App.

Can anyone confirm if they are even working on a revolutionary tool for HBOOT 1.50?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks goes to #TeamWin for Temp Root

This is For Windows only, if you wish to make it work for linux or mac help your self...

Remember, This is still a Temp Root & any Changes made will be Rest back to stock on a Reboot

It's stable & works 100%
    I Personally have not lost Root with this new Method

Q. I thought RW was Fixed?
    A. Caused by Deleting an apk / file that was already deleted. Journaling shows it still there!
    Keep Track of what you delete, as trying to delete something off system that you alread di hangs the /system into RO state.

Before Using!!
    HTC Sync Must be Turned OFF

Put the Phone into Charge Mode only ( Not Disk Drive )

USB Debugging Must be Turned on

What's Fixed:
    Revamped due to new Method:
    ~ Superuser Apps now Function
    ~ :) If you Lose Root, all you have to do is Open terminal & type SU then type fixit! > No More Rebooting & running the exploit again for R/W on system to get Root back in place :)
    ~ Fixed R/O Bug!!
    ~ R/W is now Forced
    ~ /system is fully editable now! until reboot that is.
    ~ Busybox is installed to /vendor/bin
    ~ hex Edited libext4
    ~ hex edited libfuse.so
    ~~ This is the Last Update due to it working & Stable ~~

Download for RW HTC Sensation 4G:

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Download for RW HTC Evo 3D:

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Download for RW HTC Flyer 16GB/32GB:

Download for RW HTC Evo View:

Q. Is this permanent?
    A. no, it's a temp root method..

Q. Will I lose SU Access at some point while running the OS?
    A. You might, but open terminal & type fixit to get root back!.

Q. What about apps that need a reboot to use superuser?

A. Use Fast Reboot form the market for app that need a reboot..

Q. Can I push & remove items to system & will it work?
    A. Yes, but all changes are reset on a reboot.

Once Downloaded, Unzip & double click on the Run_ME_fre3vo_Root.bat File & Enjoy long lasting Root!

OLD NEWS:

Everyone knows that currently with any temp root, you still lose links to the SU Binary & Busybox links, it's just a matter of time before it happens!!

So after digging around somewhat I found an over sight that HTC might use later for system updates via /vendor/bin, who knows at this point though... Anyways, after amount of time the SU Binary along with busybox links if be in system/bin or /system/xbin gets deleted / removed..

Now, what I did was enable the $Path to /vendor/bin which is in the Sensation export PATH..
    Any Calls made from this point either be SU or Busybox don't get deleted nor touched from any App requesting the SU Binary!! I've tested this with alot of apps & the Root sticks in place..

Other than Reboot, it might as well be a Perma-Temp-Root!!
    Okay.. Lets see if I can clear up a Few Question some might have regarding this!!

1. Yes it's still a temp Root

2. The Reason why I used /vendor/bin is due to it being in the export $PATH like /system/bin & /system/xbin is, so you can still type su or make calls to the su binary without issues as if it was in the export path of /system/bin or /system/xbin.. ( If you're not familiar with how export $PATH work on Linux, a quick Google search will help. )

4. The Reason we Lose Root ( Su binary & Busybox symlinks ) is once the System say TIME-OUT & remounts as R/O we lose everything. However with /vendor/bin we avoid this situation all together, there for keeping SU & Busybox intact & working.

5. Yes removing the App's are only temporary, but I did it to help clean the clutter apps I don't use.

6. The .bat file is nothing more that a text file, so you can edit / remove / Add as you see fit for your device liking.

Like I said, I hope to see others start using vendor/bin & I only found this solution by Poking around & honestly I'm sure somebody would have found this work around sooner or later..

Until then, Happy Rooting.
    ~Eugene
    Perma-temp Root is now Fully fixed without losing Superuser nor Su Binary + all Superuser apps now work 100% Still temporary root though.

Posting Update after I put my boy to sleep... Working for both Sensation 4G & EVO 3D!

~Eugene
    Downloading now!!! Can't wait to test it!

***EDIT***

Rooted perfectly, opened and closed Titanium Backup several times with no force closes or loss of su, Barnacle is perfect, Wireless tether is granted su but the kernel doesn't support it, screenshot gained su also but the screenshots were smeared colors. Drocap2 takes perfect screenies though. Gonna try a few more root apps before bed and play some more when I wake up to verify it lasts.
    Adapted for Linux...

Hey Eugene!

Thanks so much for this! I've adapted your batch script for Linux, just changed it to a shell script (also removed the bloatware killing portions -- the user can do that if they so wish).

So Linux users, make sure you have adb in your PATH before you begin:

1. Download attached archive and unzip into a folder
    2. Enter folder, chmod +x new_ROOT.sh
    3. ./new_ROOT.sh
    4. Profit!